• December 10, 2018, 06:57:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: How long does it take to get phone list approved?  (Read 7627 times)

Offline Mrs.Fonsie

How long does it take to get phone list approved?
« on: January 06, 2016, 10:47:15 AM »
Hello,
My husband is in Vienna and he got there 12/10, how long does it normally take for their pin to be approved? Everyone else that came in with him are able to make calls. I have also called the phone company and they said it is up to Vienna. I just find it so hard to believe that it takes this long. We are both new to this and have no idea who I would call. AND if I did have the number do I want to open that can of worms for him, considering he is the one that has to deal with the backlash that I KNOW goes on by the CO's. Thanks in advance!
 :wc14:
Fonsie's Wife

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
Re: How long does it take to get phone list approved?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 12:01:06 PM »
Welcome to IPT!! It can take some time for his pin number and phone list to be approved. No one can give you and exact time. Hang in there. Have you set up your account with Securus already? Hopefully you will get a call soon. One thing you will learn with IDOC is to be patient. Good luck to you!

Offline Mrs.Fonsie

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 12:30:11 PM »
Yes, I have set up my account with Securus. I know I'm going to need to be patient, as they move at the tune of their own drum while wives, parents, and loved ones sit around and wait for something. I didn't think there was anything I can do but thought it was worth the question. Thanks ...

Fonsie's Wife

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 03:44:46 PM »
I apologize if someone has addressed this, but it took my hubby 3 weeks to get his phone list approved. Inmates who have been in before sometimes get their's approved quicker because it's already been set up.

Hang in there, we've all been there and understand.
He's home!

Offline Mrs.Fonsie

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 04:26:52 PM »
No it's ok I appreciate any input. I do understand inmates who have been there already get their list approved faster but these are guys who are new just like him lol. I thought for sure it would be approved already since it's been almost 4 weeks now but no luck. I'm just going to keep staying positive and hope it's approved by the end of this 4th week. When I did call and ask I was told 8 weeks, I'm hoping it won't be that long.
Fonsie's Wife

Offline Curls2

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 08:09:03 PM »
 My husband has been in Hill since the middle of December & his phone list was approved within 2 weeks. Only problem was he put the wrong number down so he hasn't been able to call me. He wrote a new list and was told it could take up to 8 weeks. I'm fortunate enough to visit him every week but it's hard going all week without talking. I feel your pain. Hang in there!

Offline Kay

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 10:28:15 PM »
There is nothing set in stone as to how long it will take, sorry you have to wait so long.  My l/o's list took about a month.  Hope you get a call soon!

Offline Mrs.Fonsie

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 11:49:07 AM »
Thank you so much ladies ...
Fonsie's Wife

Offline Nbollinger

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 10:04:18 AM »
Hello ladies my fiance got transferred to State Certification today January 14, 2016 was wondering how long till they are in the system so i can write him?
JerkyTurkey89

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 05:41:03 PM »
Hello ladies my fiance got transferred to State Certification today January 14, 2016 was wondering how long till they are in the system so i can write him?

What is State Certification? 

If he is in one of the IDOC R&C's as soon as you can get his profile page up on the IDOC website and know his location/#, you can write him.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”