• October 15, 2018, 04:02:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Unlimited Calls on Securus  (Read 3410 times)

Offline Sunnie72

Unlimited Calls on Securus
« on: December 23, 2015, 08:08:00 PM »
My LO said he has heard from more than one person that Securus is offering unlimited calls for $29.99 or something like that. Ive looked all over their website and see nothing like that. Anyone here heard of such a deal?

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
Re: unlimited calls on securus
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 08:23:55 PM »
The facilities are full of rumors...some started my inmates, some by officers...  I would just let your LO know you researched it and haven't found anything to this but that you will continue to check weekly on Securus site.

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 03:48:31 PM »
No way will they ever offer a deal like that.  I can go through $25 in a couple days.

Offline Jendkad

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 06:18:07 PM »
My guy said the same thing when he was in county before transport to Statesville. He said someone told him that a couple days ago.  I have also looked everywhere and haven't found it.  I got took for 25.99 by some third party company thinking that is what he was talking about.  He just got to receiving yesterday 3/4/16 and I'm not sure when he'll get to call but I finally got a reply from this site for the correct one.  If you find anything let me know.  I'll do the same.  Thank You!!! Jenn

Offline robdebtar

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 06:40:17 PM »
Hi, new here (or should I say, re-tread:(  My LO just got into Cook County and will be there for several months.  The $29.99 program is on Securustel.com.  It's confusing though and I'm not sure I signed up for the right  thing but on the site, it's telling me that I still have about $24.00 remaining and I've had several calls with my LO since his incarceration, 2 weeks ago.  I'm sure there will appear some hidden charges at some point and I did put in a credit card number so I need to research it and figure out what they've charged me so far.  These systems seem to be preying on people's ignorance and anxiety.  Sorry I cant offer more!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Unlimited Calls on Securus
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 06:48:28 PM »
Hi, new here (or should I say, re-tread:(  My LO just got into Cook County and will be there for several months.  The $29.99 program is on Securustel.com.  It's confusing though and I'm not sure I signed up for the right  thing but on the site, it's telling me that I still have about $24.00 remaining and I've had several calls with my LO since his incarceration, 2 weeks ago.  I'm sure there will appear some hidden charges at some point and I did put in a credit card number so I need to research it and figure out what they've charged me so far.  These systems seem to be preying on people's ignorance and anxiety.  Sorry I cant offer more!

IDOC only allows Securus phone accounts, looks like CC may allow both Securus and another, from their website.  If you are going to set up an account before he is moved to IDOC make sure it's Securus so you won't have problems once he is in IDOC, any other account for phone calls could get phone privileges denied for both you and your LO.

Home > F.A.Q. > How do I set up an inmate phone account?

The Cook County Board of Commissioners recently approved changes to the inmate telephone system that has reduced rates.

Effective April 10, 2014:

Call rates are now $.175 per minute for traditional collect calls as well as calls placed to AdvancedConnect prepaid accounts and prepaid phone debit cards.

Effective Feb. 1, 2013:

The $9.99 Text2Connect option will be eliminated. To receive an inmate collect call cell phone users will need to set up an AdvancedConnect prepaid account.
The maximum call duration will increase to 30 minutes from 15 minutes.
Inmates will receive 15 minutes of free calling from the booking area and another 5 minutes of free calling once the inmate arrives to his/her living unit.

AdvancedConnect prepaid accounts are available to friends and family. You are able to conveniently set up and fund your own prepaid accounts directly with Securus Correctional Billing Services by calling 1-800-844-6591 or by logging on to: http://www.securustech.net

The following fees may apply:

A $6.95 fee to fund a prepaid account.
Taxes and Regulatory fees may be charged where required by federal, state or local law.
A $2.49 per month bill statement fee to landlines for traditional collect calls.
Home > F.A.Q. > How do I set up an inmate phone account?

http://www.cookcountysheriff.org/faq/faq_InmatePhoneAccount.html
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline moremartha1

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 11:09:41 PM »
What he is probably talking about is the Campaign for Prison Phone Calls for Justice...
This is their mission statement.
The "Campaign for Prison Phone Justice" is challenging prison phone kickbacks and the U.S. Prison Telephone Industry.

There is supposed to be a new law going into effect where the phone calls will cost only 11 cents a minute. The FCC past this law sometime last year and it is supposed to transitioning this month. I’m not sure what’s taking so long but I hope it happens soon. That way our calls would only me 11 cents per minute and if he calls for 5 minutes it will only be 55 cents not the whole $4.11.
You should google it and read what the FCC had to say about the predatory rates.

Offline Nemdf

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 07:50:56 AM »
There was an article posted in IPT on March 8, saying that the rate cut had been blocked by a court.