• March 18, 2019, 07:23:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Visits for PC in Pontiac  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Gerschco

Visits for PC in Pontiac
« on: December 05, 2015, 09:15:32 PM »
Im hoping someone could tell me how long visits are for PC in Pontiac.Any other information would be great too. Ty!

Offline StayinTrue2Him

Re: Visits for PC in Pontiac
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 10:11:02 PM »
Hi,Gerschco! According to the IDOC website under "facilities" it says two hours for PC inmates. It also states that visits will alternate between odd days and even days for visits. The best thing to do is call Pontiac CC and ask them any questions that you have about visitation,etc.Their phone # as well as other helpful info is also posted on the website...My fiance is in Stateville CC and our visits are also two hours on week days and one hour on Saturdays...Glad you found us and welcome to the IPT family!
"You are the missing piece I've been waiting all my life for.."

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 11:57:03 AM »
I don't know if you've called them yet, but, they're super nice.  It's a world apart from calling other facilities.  I haven't went to visit, but, I do plan to visit as soon as I can. 

Offline Sunflwrs

Visits for PC in Pontiac
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 02:26:20 PM »
What are the visits like in Pontiac for PC? Or just visits only?

Offline Tlc613

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 05:54:37 PM »
I usually Visit for about 3-3 1/2 hours. We greet before visit then go to our assigned booth. When you leave you get to have contact as well tI say your goodbyes. Pretty easy.

Offline Sunflwrs

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 09:03:16 PM »

Thank you

I usually Visit for about 3-3 1/2 hours. We greet before visit then go to our assigned booth. When you leave you get to have contact as well tI say your goodbyes. Pretty easy.

Offline tmfreeman

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 03:01:07 PM »
Protective custody visits at Pontiac are four hours max you don't have to stay for the four hours their visiting hours are 8 to 2:30 and they rotate it's really weird but protective custody visits are every third day you can call up there and ask them is it a visiting day or when the next couple visiting days are and once you been up there they have a calendar that usually includes the next couple months it shows you what exactly are days that you can visit all the visits at Pontiac are behind the glass but you do with protective custody get to do a meet-and-greet which is right before and right after the visit you can hug and kiss. Other than that it's pretty laid back