• February 20, 2019, 10:20:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: SSC deferrment  (Read 7563 times)

Offline 1life2live

SSC deferrment
« on: November 01, 2015, 10:09:30 PM »
Hi, i'm new to the group, so hopefully im posting in the right place. My LO is locked up in Vienna, Il. He has been there since June and his parole date is showing 7/2016. His counselor recently told him his SSC has been deferred. Does that mean it will be reviewed at a later date? Or does that mean he won't get it? Thanks

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: SSC deferrment
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 06:25:55 AM »
Hi, i'm new to the group, so hopefully im posting in the right place. My LO is locked up in Vienna, Il. He has been there since June and his parole date is showing 7/2016. His counselor recently told him his SSC has been deferred. Does that mean it will be reviewed at a later date? Or does that mean he won't get it? Thanks

Welcome to IPT!

He needs to ask her/him/counselor what that means.

Since he still has sometime to go, they may we waiting to give him anything, if he qualifies, till closer to when he gets out.  This is not guaranteed and it can be taken back at anytime once given. Normally they don't tell them much about SSC, the inmate just receives paperwork stating how much they are going to receive.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline 1life2live

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 03:43:31 PM »
Ok, thanks!

Offline 1life2live

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 11:37:35 AM »
So he asked the counselor what being deferred means and has not yet received a reaponse from her. Is there anyone I can contact to find out more information...such as, if someone is deferred is there a certain time frame in which they review it again? Im basically trying to find out if there is a system in which they do the reviews. For instance, if you're parole date is July, are u up for review in November, or if your parole date is August, are you reviewed in Sept? and so on....

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 05:53:26 AM »
So he asked the counselor what being deferred means and has not yet received a reaponse from her. Is there anyone I can contact to find out more information...such as, if someone is deferred is there a certain time frame in which they review it again? Im basically trying to find out if there is a system in which they do the reviews. For instance, if you're parole date is July, are u up for review in November, or if your parole date is August, are you reviewed in Sept? and so on....

Unfortunately, they won't answer questions on SSC. That statement about family asking is on the IDOC website too. 

If he qualifies he will get his paperwork, all he and you can do is wait and see.  I know it's not easy, but it is the way it is. Good Luck to him.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline tacessna

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 10:22:25 AM »
Hi All. I've trolled most of the topics on SSC and haven't found much that isn't public record. My son is at Sheridan, and we agree that SSC awards are totally discretionary. What we don't know is WHAT IS ACTUALLY BEING AWARDED!? Has anyone's LO received an SSC award, and what were the circumstances?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 10:52:50 AM »
Hi All. I've trolled most of the topics on SSC and haven't found much that isn't public record. My son is at Sheridan, and we agree that SSC awards are totally discretionary. What we don't know is WHAT IS ACTUALLY BEING AWARDED!? Has anyone's LO received an SSC award, and what were the circumstances?

Please go to this IDOC webpage and you can see those that have gotten SSC, any inmate that receives it, has their name put on that list:

http://www.illinois.gov/idoc/Offender/Pages/CommunityNotificationofInmateEarlyRelease.aspx

Offline worriedmom

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 10:55:51 AM »
My son is in East Moline due for release in April 2015 and he also received a letter stating he was deferred for later consideration in September 2015.  He recently was assigned a new counselor and apparently they can only recommend the inmate for SSC once and is now being told that letter is their way of denying any SSC. I am hoping this is not true for your sake as well as mine.

Offline 1life2live

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 07:25:47 PM »
Sorry my response is so late. I sure hope this is not true! Only time will tell I guess. 😕 Have u heard anything about some inmates to be released at the beginning of 2016...like non violent offenders?

Offline Mrs.Fonsie

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 11:05:16 AM »
My husband is in Vienna and his out date online is 5/9/2016. We are waiting to see if he is going to get the SCC as well. He has spoke with his Counselor but of course they don't provide him any info. I have also tried calling- to Vienna and IDOC and been told by both they can't give me any info. I know it's hard waiting for an answer but it looks like that's the only thing we can do. My husband was given 180 days for driving on a revoked, as of today he has spent 42 days in IDOC and 57 total so another question I had is does he need to do 60 days IDOC or is it total time. I know this is a question that can't be answered because I get a different every time I ask the question.
Fonsie's Wife

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 01:18:00 PM »
My husband is in Vienna and his out date online is 5/9/2016. We are waiting to see if he is going to get the SCC as well. He has spoke with his Counselor but of course they don't provide him any info. I have also tried calling- to Vienna and IDOC and been told by both they can't give me any info. I know it's hard waiting for an answer but it looks like that's the only thing we can do. My husband was given 180 days for driving on a revoked, as of today he has spent 42 days in IDOC and 57 total so another question I had is does he need to do 60 days IDOC or is it total time. I know this is a question that can't be answered because I get a different every time I ask the question.

Don't count on him finding anything out once he is in 60 days as far as SSC goes, he may have to wait until he is almost out to see if he is eligible.  IDOC will not, as you have found out, answer any questions in regards to SSC and if he is eligible, he will get a letter at some point, stating how much if any he gets, if he is eligible.

Offline justamom

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 08:12:44 PM »
Has anybody ever found out what deferred means when it comes to an inmates goodtime papers?
Nobody seems to know the answer.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 06:49:02 AM »
Has anybody ever found out what deferred means when it comes to an inmates goodtime papers?
Nobody seems to know the answer.

Explain further, I don't understand what you are saying, does it say this somewhere?  copy paste exact working, what you are talking about.. Thanks