• November 13, 2018, 10:40:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Info about how this goes - Bootcamp  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Hisgirl0201

Info about how this goes - Bootcamp
« on: October 25, 2015, 10:40:27 AM »
Hello Im New To IPT I signed up Late last Night agter Looking for Information about How the System Works. My LO Has been In Statesville For about a month Awaiting Bootcamp and his DOC has been the Same Until Friday I Got a Call from a girl Who Has a LO In stateville Saying that He Had Left. But When i Went on DOC WEBSITE His pic was different but it still said STATESVILLE R&C. Why Is That? I Signed up for Vine Emails and texts and still Havent gotten a Notification.

Offline tkesde1

Re: Info about how this goes - Bootcamp
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 07:10:22 PM »
Welcome to IPT. If his bootcamp in the southern part of the state, he may still be in transit. Try not to worry too much, I know that's hard, but it's the first thing you have to learn or you'll go bat crap crazy.

VINE will notify you as soon as he arrives at his destination. Hang in there and come here whenever you need support, its gotten me thru some rough days & long night's.
He's home!

Offline Hisgirl0201

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 01:18:53 AM »
hello finally got a reply I posted this same question on 2 other boards and no one replied :( but you are most definitely right about it being hard trying to stay calm. We have a 4 month old son so its been extremely hard to remain calm.  I actually stalked the Doc website checking on my LO and he arrived to Dixon springs IIP (thank goodness).

They experienced some technical problems, I actually called to the boot camp and spoke with a counselor and she gave me a lot of helpful info about the program and how it works. Now the countdown begins. Thank you soooooo much for replying it means a lot.

Offline sonshine

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 06:10:04 AM »
Welcome hisgirl...that's one thing about this journey you are now on..
.it's very hard not to worry TRUST ME...but this is the place to come to when you are in need of help or just need to talk...we are all family here...that we've never met...but nobody judges anything and they do understand...good luck with your journey...we are here for you.....

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 07:52:58 AM »
hello finally got a reply I posted this same question on 2 other boards and no one replied :( but you are most definitely right about it being hard trying to stay calm. We have a 4 month old son so its been extremely hard to remain calm.  I actually stalked the Doc website checking on my LO and he arrived to Dixon springs IIP (thank goodness).

They experienced some technical problems, I actually called to the boot camp and spoke with a counselor and she gave me a lot of helpful info about the program and how it works. Now the countdown begins. Thank you soooooo much for replying it means a lot.

It may feel like you are alone in this, but all of us here are in your shoes, or once upon a time was in your shoes. Just enjoy that baby, I know my dogs are my babies and have gotten me thru a lot of days. They keep me busy for sure. We have a daughter as well, but she is in her twenties and lives her own life, for the most part.

Sonshine is right, we are like family here, we just have never met each other. Take care of yourself and that precious baby.
He's home!

Offline sonshine

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 05:38:23 AM »
Be strong.....keep your head up...
Whenever u feel like u need to cry out fir someone to listen...we are here.....I did my share....and I thank God bc through this nightmare journey he has taken me through...I have felt like I found family that I've never met...and there are some very special ones that I talk on phone with....it sucks that anyone would have to go through this but it helps when others know how you feel....good luck his girl...hang in there...how long does he have? I don't k non ow to much about boot camp...mine chose the other route..

Offline Hisgirl0201

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 10:21:54 PM »
I want to thank you all for providing me with unconditional support && great advice on how to deal with this situation. Even though it hasn't been long the weeks feel like months I try not to think about it and remain calm but sometimes I find myself just dwelling on the idea of him being home now. I never got a VINE notification although On the IDOC website is completely updated. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with and having a baby involved makes it that much more difficult.

Sonshine I received a letter from the boot camp with the rules and stuff and on the back it had a small letter stating his approx. exit date which said feb 27th. I'm excited but I haven't heard anything from him.