• October 15, 2018, 04:33:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: what happens when you close your account?  (Read 1579 times)

Offline smme7

what happens when you close your account?
« on: October 19, 2015, 01:07:01 PM »
Upon release what will happen to any money still on my phone account? Do you forfeit it or do they give it back?
"I want to kiss you under the stars, hold you and never let you go. When I'm with you, my soul is happy"

Offline tkesde1

Re: what happens when you close your account?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 02:41:31 PM »
I read elsewhere that they mail you a check when you close your account. I plan on spending mine down :) 

Those last few days because he will be going stir crazy from being so close and out of food in his box, we are going to load him up on visits. So that should make it easier to spend the phone down and keep it down until he comes home.
He's home!

Offline StayinTrue2Him

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 03:06:51 PM »
 :wc64: I'm not sure how Securus refunds any unspent funds on your account...I just wanted to post how  thrilling it is to see you two so close to having your best friend and love of your life finally home!! :wc50: I'm lovin' these posts lately!  :wc30:
"You are the missing piece I've been waiting all my life for.."

Offline smme7

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 05:29:40 PM »
We plan on spending ours too. I can't ever get it right on the penny, it's not that I'm worried about the dollar and change that may be left over I was more or less just curious if they credit your card back with it or if they just keep it (that wouldn't surprise me!).
Aw thanks stayintrue! You're so sweet! I'm SO excited, but we're both getting nervous, too. Mostly a good nervous, though!
"I want to kiss you under the stars, hold you and never let you go. When I'm with you, my soul is happy"