• October 15, 2018, 04:03:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Phones at Taylorville  (Read 6163 times)

Offline kitana

Phones at Taylorville
« on: September 28, 2015, 11:50:34 AM »
Does anyone have a loved one in Taylorville that can answer a question for me?

MY LO transferred there about a month ago and he told me that every morning they have to sign a sign up sheet to decide at what time which inmate is able to use the phone. Actually sounds like a good idea to me.

Has anyone else heard this?

Offline jts

Re: Phones at Taylorville
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 02:33:16 PM »
That is correct as far as I know. I think each house might be slightly different as to what time the sheet goes out but it is very early. The guys line up to sign up for the times they want. I think they may be able to sign up for 2 times each day.

Offline gerinurse73

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 01:27:03 AM »
This is true.  My boyfriend has never moved houses sinde he arrived there in July so it is hard for him to get on tge list to call me.  He doesn't want to get up at 4 am and wait for the list to be put out.  Also guys can sign up for as many 30 minute spots,as they want.  Since I work I can't always answer my phone during the day so communication with him has been difficult. 

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 09:14:27 AM »
My son has been there awhile and has been in two houses.  In 2 house, they line up at 6am to get a phone time and they can sign up for one 30 minute block.  However, if they contact the person who has another time and that person doesn't use their time or doesn't use the entire time, then the second inmate can use the remaining time.

We visit a lot and our son is not a phone person so we don't get calls often. 

I will say also that in some houses they are allowed to sign up for as many slots as they want which is not a fair way to do as I will leave it to your imaginations as to what happens with this system.

Offline Shadis

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 10:04:24 PM »
My husband has been in Taylorville for a month now, just got his first free, i.e. , push 1 accept calls call, he wrote and said for $10 they can buy a phone card good for 3 thirty minute calls. If he gets the card do I have to do anything else to receive a call? I made a Securus account, but put no money on it since I sent him $200 thru jpay.

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 06:48:19 AM »
You should be good to go.

Hope you get a call soon.

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 08:08:21 AM »
My husband has been in Taylorville for a month now, just got his first free, i.e. , push 1 accept calls call, he wrote and said for $10 they can buy a phone card good for 3 thirty minute calls. If he gets the card do I have to do anything else to receive a call? I made a Securus account, but put no money on it since I sent him $200 thru jpay.

I have never heard of them having to buy a $10 phone card?  You have to put money on your Securus account for a call to come through.  Not a phone card for him to purchase.

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 12:24:20 PM »
I seem to remember my son saying something about phone cards too when he first arrived at T'ville almost 2 years ago.

Now we do use securus for all our calls though.

Offline BobNBecka

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 04:14:14 AM »
30 minute phone blocls have to be signed up for by the inmates at 6am.  Buying cards by the inmates is federal prisons only, usually.   Secures does state prisons with prepaid accounts.

Offline kkhudson29

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 07:28:54 PM »
I got my "push 1 to accept call on Friday afternoon. Still no actual call. Any idea on how long it takes to get approved? I haven't spoken to my LO in over 2 months now!!!

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 07:32:37 PM »
If it asked for you to push 1, it's already approved. Do you have an account set up with Securus? Did you accept the call?

Offline kkhudson29

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 07:52:10 PM »
Yes to all. There is $$$ in the Securus account. His dad hasn't received an actual call yet either, and he got his push 1 call Friday also :(

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 07:56:08 PM »
I don't understand.. When they call it says you are receiving a pre-paid collect call from.... Press 1 to accept... When you press 1 it connects. So what happened when you pressed 1??

Offline BobNBecka

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 09:07:39 PM »
They can't buy cards on commissary.  They sign up for 30 min phone spots.  My hubby signs at 530.