• February 20, 2019, 10:19:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Does anyone know about medical holds?  (Read 4255 times)

Offline Tex999

Does anyone know about medical holds?
« on: September 16, 2015, 08:46:59 AM »
My L/O has been approved to go to an ATC except he has a medical hold. Not sure if it is for refusing meds he does not need or what. Has anyone dealt with this? He is not sure what to do.Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you

Offline smme7

Re: Does anyone know about medical holds?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 10:37:30 AM »
I would tell him to put in a request to speak to his counselor. Depending on the medication and what it's for I would then tell him to put in a request for Healthcare or to speak to the psychologist
"I want to kiss you under the stars, hold you and never let you go. When I'm with you, my soul is happy"

Offline Tex999

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 11:19:23 AM »
Thanks. He has to go to HCU every day to turn it down and psychologist is on a video call from California or somewhere.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 07:51:04 PM »
 Was he on medication before he went in?  They usually won't approve them to ATC if they have medical issues.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline sdm

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 08:14:29 AM »
 What is ATC? 

Offline rainbowmama

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 08:33:58 AM »
Adult Transition Centers, which is work release i'm pretty sure.

Good to know they don't often release those with medical issues to work release. I know my man was hoping for this, but with his medical stuff I highly doubt it will happen.

Offline Tex999

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 09:29:09 AM »
They told him he did not have to go to health care refuse it any more, then came a few days later  and told him hold has been lifted! Hope he can go to ATC now!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 11:39:10 AM »
Good luck to him, hope it all works for him.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”