• May 27, 2018, 10:31:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: SSC - Deferred to a later date  (Read 4311 times)

Offline worriedmom

SSC - Deferred to a later date
« on: September 13, 2015, 09:36:22 PM »
My son is at East Moline and is due to be released in April. His counselor inquired about him getting any SSC and he was sent a letter stating "They would consider him for SSC at a later date" 
Does anyone know if this is routine or is this their way of telling him he won't be getting any time off of his sentence?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: SSC - Deferred to a later date
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 08:13:27 AM »
My son is at East Moline and is due to be released in April. His counselor inquired about him getting any SSC and he was sent a letter stating "They would consider him for SSC at a later date" 
Does anyone know if this is routine or is this their way of telling him he won't be getting any time off of his sentence?

Could be something new they do now when guys ask.  Even if he got any 1-6 months, he wouldn't be out yet anyway.  He'll have to be patient and wait to see if he gets new paperwork stating he will receive any.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline worriedmom

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 05:25:23 PM »
My son says that a few guys that are there with him got their papers stating they were being released a day or 2 later.   Is it normal for that to happen? Also, I received paperwork over 6 months ago that I had to fill out about him staying with me during his parole. I would have thought that they would have waited closer to him being released for that.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 06:40:03 AM »
My son says that a few guys that are there with him got their papers stating they were being released a day or 2 later.   Is it normal for that to happen? Also, I received paperwork over 6 months ago that I had to fill out about him staying with me during his parole. I would have thought that they would have waited closer to him being released for that.

You receiving the paperwork even up to a year before he is getting out is totally normal, the happens to many up to 12 months, 6 months prior to them getting out.  The prison is on top of things and wants that paperwork in order earlier, but it doesn't mean he will get out any earlier.

Yes, guys getting their paperwork days before they are to be released is how it goes too.. They used to give the old goodtime to guys in 3 months increments and they guys knew far before getting out.. they don't do that anymore, that is why I said your son still has time to receive it, if he is going to.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline worriedmom

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 07:57:11 AM »
Thank You so much. I know I haven't posted many questions but reading everyone's posts has really helped me. My son has been incarcerated since November 26, 2013 (13 months was in county). His daughter was only 6 weeks old at that time and his Girlfriend said that she wasn't ready to raise a child without him so I have had his daughter with me (along with his dog) since then. This has honestly been one of the hardest things my husband & I have gone through. The information I have gotten from IPT has been so helpful.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 09:15:28 AM »

You are welcome and I give you a  :wc30: for what you are doing to raise your granddaughter.. I know this isn't an easy task with having your son gone and hopefully he does get some SSC and out a bit earlier.  This is a hard situation alone, but with the extras you have, you will get your wings one day, or maybe have them, they just haven't opened yet pangel ..

Hang in there, everyone keeps telling me that God only gives us what he thinks we can handle and I keep saying, why is he so good to me.. LOL ... I am thankful though and appreciate everything I am blessed with.  Your little one is truly a blessing too.

Offline worriedmom

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 08:29:36 PM »
Thank you so much for the encouraging words.  :wc38: