• February 20, 2019, 10:20:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Anybody he can talk to?  (Read 5245 times)

Offline smme7

Anybody he can talk to?
« on: August 21, 2015, 09:25:07 PM »
Ok, he wants to know if there's anybody he can talk to about his name going across the wardens desk again . Apparently they've got a new warden at vandalia, and he's approving a lot of good time. He watched one guy that's on his 4th bit, in on a domestic get 6 months and he's sittin in on a petty pot charge. what the heck.
"I want to kiss you under the stars, hold you and never let you go. When I'm with you, my soul is happy"

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
Re: Anybody he can talk to?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 02:42:38 PM »
The best he can probably do is to ask his counselor to resubmit his name for consideration.

Offline ghostlyy

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 06:00:47 PM »
Smme, my man at Vandalia said the same thing... same exact thing, about a 4th time violent offender getting 6 months..! He said he submitted a slip to the warden asking to be reconsidered but haven't heard back and don't have a clue if itll work or even get to the warden. My lo is also on a stupid driving on revoked. Maybe tell your lo try submitting a slip??
I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest,
And even though you wont be gone long, it doesnt make it hurt any less.

Offline smme7

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 10:34:18 PM »
I will recommend both of those things to him. It makes no sense at all.
"I want to kiss you under the stars, hold you and never let you go. When I'm with you, my soul is happy"

Offline kasa

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 10:36:50 PM »
is that what u do to be considered for good time ? ask counselor to put ur name in ??? and how long should one wait to do this ??

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 06:55:48 AM »
is that what u do to be considered for good time ? ask counselor to put ur name in ??? and how long should one wait to do this ??

No, the Warden and Springfield decide who is to get GT .. they tell the inmates and family not to be asking.  If they are eligible, they will be notified and get it.

FROM IDOC WEBSITE:

For those with family or friends within IDOC we appreciate your patience as the Department works to safely and responsibly implement the SSC credit program. Because of the many factors the Department intends to consider for each potentially eligible offender, it is impossible for the Department to project whether or when any specific offender will receive an award of SSC credit. It is also not possible for the Department to respond to inquiries concerning an offender’s likelihood of receiving an award of SSC due to the Department’s policy that prevents the disclosure of confidential master record file information and criminal history. If an offender is projected to have a revised parole date as a result of an award of SSC, the inmate will be notified, and his or her time adjustment will be reflected on the IDOC website under the offender’s profile in the Offender Search link.

http://www.illinois.gov/idoc/news/2013/Pages/NewAdministrativeRuleonSentenceCredit.aspx
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 06:59:15 AM »
Ladies, I review the list every single month to see what charges are getting time, I have been doing this for well over a year. I haven't seen anyone with a violent charge get time. I think this is a rumor. If not a rumor, somebody lying about their charges so that people leave them alone. My hubby's old cellie tried to intimidate him & told him he was in for murder & had been in for longer than he was, the truth? Dui while driving on a revoked license. Get the guys name who got the time, if they can't get a name, it's probably a rumor.
He's home!

Offline smme7

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 10:51:14 AM »
I think this warden is approving more ppl then the last warden. But it also might mean that anyone before that warden is SOL. However I will ask him if he knows dudes name and investigate this lol