• December 16, 2018, 09:49:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: East moline SSC  (Read 3459 times)

Offline girl115

East moline SSC
« on: July 28, 2015, 11:48:46 PM »
Does anyone know if SSC is currently being given out to class 4 felony for driving on a revoked (1st offense) in east moline? My husband received 6 months and is due out in November but hoping for early release. Counselor has told him he has a good chance but we're not holding our breath...our girls and I need him home soon:(

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: East moline SSC
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 06:42:33 AM »
Does anyone know if SSC is currently being given out to class 4 felony for driving on a revoked (1st offense) in east moline? My husband received 6 months and is due out in November but hoping for early release. Counselor has told him he has a good chance but we're not holding our breath...our girls and I need him home soon:(

SSC is being given out to the inmates who under SSC rules qualify.  There is no way to find our prior though by him or you.

He will be notified if he gets any.  Hope he does and is home early.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline ghostlyy

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 08:29:38 AM »
Please update us if you get any news. My boyfriend is in for the same crime at Vandalia, though he got 18 months and is due our December. I'd just be curious to know. Best of luck!
I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest,
And even though you wont be gone long, it doesnt make it hurt any less.

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 01:50:27 PM »
It's a long tedious process, but you can go to this link:  https://www.illinois.gov/idoc/Offender/Pages/CommunityNotificationofInmateEarlyRelease.aspx

Click on the IDOC number, it will show their inmate page and their parent facility information, if it's the one you are looking for, scroll down and see the charge they were in for, it's what I did to check for my l/o.  This list shows all people who have received SSC in the past year.
He's home!

Offline girl115

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 02:40:10 PM »
Thanks, I check that one and the idoc page hoping for a change every day but so far his out date has not changed. Someone in there told him he would have to wait until after his 90 days which should be on August 11th and hope for a letter from Springfield. It's pretty frustrating when it's his first offense and he hears of guys of getting good time for 3-4 revoked charges or drug charges but that's just how the system works. I hope this teaches him a lesson and we'll pray for the best.

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 03:58:53 PM »
The link I gave is a listing of everyone who has received SSC in Illinois in the last year.  This is also on the DOC's page, but contains different information.  There is also a list for those on Electronic Home Detention.
He's home!

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 03:59:58 PM »
I check the list every month, for the previous month. I'll check on Monday for instance, for those who received it in July.

He's home!

Offline ghostlyy

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 04:16:58 PM »
Good idea, tkesde, I hadn't thought of that, thank you!
I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest,
And even though you wont be gone long, it doesnt make it hurt any less.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 09:58:52 PM »
This link was posted by Jaf last week, you can get a general idea of what convictions are getting SSC, but it also depends on more than conviction:

http://www.illinois.gov/idoc/reportsandstatistics/Documents/Annual%20Report%20SSC%20Oct%20Sept%202014.pdf
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”