• November 13, 2018, 10:31:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: MP3 Players Coming?  (Read 13815 times)

Offline pt1318

Re: MP3 Players Coming?
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2017, 07:20:10 PM »
I am really confused as to why this is a different company. So will we now have connection, jpay and securus? What about the video kiosks who will that be through? I hope all of the prisons get this I especially right now can't travel and would love the video option. If anyone hears Pontiac is getting anything please post. Thanks 💐

From what I understand we can now send money through Jpay or GTL, phone goes through Securus as usual and emails and video visits go or will go through GTL. Not sure if commissary money for music has to go through GTL or not... Guess they just like to keep things complicated for us but I really don't mind as long as they FINALLY all get it and as long as it works. The Lawrence warden personally told us on a visit last September that they were going to get the mp3 players and messaging service within the next couple of months. So it's almost June and they still don't have anything ... go figure. My LO and I won't believe anything until we see it.
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2017, 10:20:46 PM »
Phone is still through securus you can still send money thru pay but you can also send thru gtl gtl is connect network connect network is the messaging app. It doesn't matter where the money on their commissary comes from they can buy the songs $1.88 a piece or 20 for $30 If they get the 20 for 30 they do not have to buy the songs all at one time if they are waiting on one to show up in the list. They purchase the credits when they go to the store them in a couple days it appears on their account. The kiosks are also ran by gtl for video visits as well as the kiosks inside the prisons where you can use credit card or cash to add money to their books. I hope I explained everything y'all were wondering about if not just ask. I had a 8.5 hour visit today so I am exhausted. Lol...no complaints though
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline Gbheoasut

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2018, 01:44:16 PM »
Does anyone  know if they have MP3 players in Danville?