• February 23, 2019, 09:58:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: HB3475  (Read 15346 times)

Offline StayinTrue2Him

Re: HB3475
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 08:46:50 PM »
Thanks for the clarification,Gizgirl2...This sounds like something very hopeful for our L/O's...Praying it goes through.
"You are the missing piece I've been waiting all my life for.."

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 08:48:44 PM »
Yes, hopefully it will help when they are trying to get employment.

Offline smme7

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 07:27:32 PM »
So this will only include inmates just entering the system and maybe long term prisoners. I know the county I live in won't go through and give someone this that they sent 5 months ago and only has 7 more to go...
"I want to kiss you under the stars, hold you and never let you go. When I'm with you, my soul is happy"

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2015, 07:34:44 PM »
The ammendment says its for anyone minus the charges that were listed. Its 2 years after they are released from parole, as long as they have been good can apply. So I don't think it matters at all how long they were sentenced for.

Offline smme7

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2015, 12:17:52 PM »
Clearly I didn't read this right. So it's for AFTER their release from prison. Wow. Thank you for the clarification lol it only took two of you to explain it for me to get it
"I want to kiss you under the stars, hold you and never let you go. When I'm with you, my soul is happy"

Offline humbird37

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 09:38:18 AM »
Stayintrue.....I agree with the way you put this.....sure hope we are right!
Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!

Offline StayinTrue2Him

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 01:24:36 PM »
Stayintrue.....I agree with the way you put this.....sure hope we are right!
Hello humbird37! Yes,these men need that break that this bill would give them...With rehabilitation being pretty much nonexistent in IDOC,they are not prepared to live in the outside world as it is.Hopefully this bill will pass and they can have a second chance at making a living and being productive citizens...That's what society expects but yet they are not given the necessary tools while inside or when they get released..It's a vicious cycle with the way our criminal justice system operates.....or rather DOES NOT! :wc4:

Offline sonshine

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2015, 08:28:14 AM »
I agree stayintrue...

Offline StayinTrue2Him

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 05:11:36 PM »
I agree stayintrue...
Thank you,sonshine...Yes,I am fed up to my eyeballs with all the stuff that my fiance has been telling me! This bill will certainly help when they are released....Now I'd like to see something to help those that have been unjustly sentenced to ridiculous years! I wish they would get rid of this 85% crap...The whole system is a JOKE :wc20: But this HB3475 bill is a good start to reforming our mess of a criminal justice system...At least it brings some hope for those trying to start over and have gainful employment.

Offline sonshine

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 05:16:44 PM »
Stayintrue you took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.