• September 23, 2018, 01:42:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: SSC Credit  (Read 4610 times)

Offline onetruelovemike

SSC Credit
« on: April 02, 2015, 08:30:43 AM »
Hello I have a question in regards to my LO. How do I find out if SSC credit will be given and who can I talk to if anyone that would be able to explain if the crime is non violent and class 4??? Please I'm new to this and really confussed with all of this. Thank you

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: SSC Credit
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 08:36:56 AM »
Hello I have a question in regards to my LO. How do I find out if SSC credit will be given and who can I talk to if anyone that would be able to explain if the crime is non violent and class 4??? Please I'm new to this and really confussed with all of this. Thank you

You cannot talk to anyone, they will review his history/conviction and more and they will notify him if he is eligible for 1-6 months of SSC.

I have moved this topic to the sentence credit board, where you find much more information on goodtime, all the different types.

If your LO is in on a Class X/85%,75% conviction, he will not be eligible for any school credit.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 08:37:35 AM »
They don't allow you to ask about SSC, if he gets it - he gets it and you'll be thankful. But you cannot plan on it.
Here is a link I have for it:  http://ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/020001070B01200R.html  

An IPT link for discussions on it is here:
http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?board=131.0

You can also search for it in the upper right corner of the webpage.

Good luck!
He's home!

Offline onetruelovemike

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 09:30:54 AM »
Thank you everyone for the information. My LO is on a 50% conviction so on a 3 yr sentence  will serve 1 1/2 yrs. minus the time in county.  I have read all the helpful information that everyone has posted. I'm thankful that I have a website like this to go to and ask questions. thank you again and I just have to hope and pray that my LO will recieve some type of SSC. Just a wait and wait game.. My LO will pass the 61 Wnder Day mark in about 10 days so hopefully something will be given..  Thank you again

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 09:37:47 AM »
61 one day wonder is what someone on this website nick named those that came into the system and in 61 days were cut loose, given MGT. 

This nick name was born almost 9 years ago and that was for the old MGT goodtime program, but the new SSC has changed.

Your LO may or may not hear anything right after the 60 day mark.  He could wait until he has been in the system another six months to be told if he would earn from 1-6 months. So, for now, count on him doing his whole time and if he does receive anything, it will be a bonus.

Good Luck to him!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Skycountry4742

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 10:07:23 AM »
My son was just sentenced to 4 years on a meth charge. will he be eligble for this ssc credit?

Offline haleyjen

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 10:46:27 AM »
When mine got it it was out of nowhere.  It basically came when we stopped talking and thinking about it.

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 07:19:25 PM »
Sky it depends on the charge.  Most of the time yes he will be eligible for both SSC and programming credit (taking classes, participating in work programs and etc.).  In Tayloville they have a 1 year Drug and Alcohol program that if an offender completes successfully he will earn 6 months of good time.  With programming credits, and SSC he can be out in about a year and a half or less.

Offline Nemdf

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 01:09:02 PM »
My LO said a new law regarding sentence credits was passed on 1/18/2018.  Does anyone have a copy or link to the revised law?  I found 730 ILCS 5/3-6-3 (from Ch. 38, par. 1003-6-3).  Is this the latest?  He has asked me to print a copy of the new provisions for him.

Thank you.

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.

Offline Nemdf

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 07:45:21 AM »
Thank you!