• October 15, 2018, 04:01:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Phone List  (Read 6946 times)

Offline zillion1

Phone List
« on: March 30, 2015, 07:32:44 AM »
Does anyone know what would prevent someone from being approved on their l/o's phone list?

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
Re: phone list
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 12:42:01 PM »
Being a co-defendant on the conviction, being the "victim," or having a no contact order are the first things that come to mind. It can also take several weeks for a phone list to be approved.

Offline zillion1

Re: phone list
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 03:53:37 PM »
 :wc38:that was very helpful. Firtunarley I don't fall in any of those categories. I appreciate the info!

Offline mzgemini13

Re: Phone List
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 04:55:42 PM »
My hubby has been at stateville for 30 days, I've noticed on securus online that there has been an attempted call to my number but no call has come through, does anyone know why. His status still says reception/NRC. This is torture, I'm losing it I feel sick.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 05:06:41 PM »
My hubby has been at stateville for 30 days, I've noticed on securus online that there has been an attempted call to my number but no call has come through, does anyone know why. His status still says reception/NRC. This is torture, I'm losing it I feel sick.

His list isn't totally approved and they usually cannot make calls until their are at their parent prison.

Hope you hear from him soon, don't get sick, this is the hard or one of the harder parts of this journey, you have to stay strong for him and you.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline mzgemini13

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 06:38:47 PM »
Thanks for the info, I guess I had my one breakdown for the month, when we started this journey my hubby said I was allowed 1 time a month to release just as long as I didn't  do it in front of the kids.

Offline ghostlyy

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 10:53:43 PM »
My l/o was in r&c for ten days before being moved to his parent prison (vandalia), and he was there for another two and a half weeks or a little more to get his list approved. I JUST got my first phone call two days ago and I couldn't have been happier. If I had known this before, it could've saved me some pain, but use these small milestones as goals to work towards. Just one day at a time, every day there's a new chance he could call. Write him letters, it DOES help, my bf has been so grateful for me sticking by him and waiting this all out, and writing, so now that his phone list is approved, we schedule and look forward to a visit, a birthday, some shorter term goal.  Break the time into little goals, it will help. I know how crazy you're feeling, everyone here does, they've been so supportive, just keep pushing. If you need to talk, I or anyone else I'm sure is here. Soon enough!
I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest,
And even though you wont be gone long, it doesnt make it hurt any less.

Offline Sunshine18

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 09:35:23 AM »
I've read all the post above and was curious how long it took everyone's numbers to get approved?  My LO has been in Stateville for 3 weeks now, I just checked my Securus account and there were 3 attempted calls yesterday alone that I know of.  Does this mean my LO has their pin # but their list hasn't been approved yet or my number?  I'm just curious how long it normally takes...when I contacted Securus they said there were no blocks on my number on their end and to check with my phone carrier to make sure I can receive collect calls...I am doing that now!!  I would really really love to hear my LO's voice...it's been too long!!!!
You are the first thought when I wake up, the last thought before I go to bed and every thought in between! I loved you yesterday, I love you today and I will always love you tomorrow! ♡♡☆☆♡♡

Offline zillion1

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 02:01:22 PM »
My l/o phone list was never approved while at stateville and he was there 32 days. Then he was transfered to Jacksonville and it took 5 weeks for his list to be approved.  Didn't think I would survive.  But I did. So hang in there and write lots of letters. I'll be praying for you!!

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 03:51:47 PM »
Sunshine, do you have money on your securus phone account?  Of course, even if you didn't you get the call from the "please add money number" aka "oops, I forgot again, gimme a minute number!" (877)710-1116
He's home!

Offline Sunshine18

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 09:00:05 AM »
Oh WOW zillion1, I'm struggling to make it through these past 3 weeks without talking to my LO however, I've gotten a letter a week so that's nice...but they were only able to take so many write outs.  I pray everyday to get the list approved soon, I hope they don't feel that I'm ignoring them because I'm not...I would answer every call if they would just come through!  My friend's boyfriend was just in Stateville for 6 weeks and he called within 3-3 1/2 weeks and then after the 5th week he was able to call everyday!!  It's weird how everyone and everything is so different from one inmate to another!  Thanks for the prayers...greatly appreciated!

tkesde1...yes I have enough money on my account for about 13 calls at a rate of $4...granite that will change because I don't know the rate yet.  My account says active every time I look at it!  I put money on it the day they got transferred to Stateville and it's been on there ever since!  It's killing me when I check and it says the last "attempted call" was like 5 minutes ago! :_(  Thanks for the number...I've gotten so many different answers, I asked Securus and they said either an 800 or 866 but when he was in county the "collect" number was an 877 so who knows!!!
You are the first thought when I wake up, the last thought before I go to bed and every thought in between! I loved you yesterday, I love you today and I will always love you tomorrow! ♡♡☆☆♡♡

Offline jessica36057

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 05:29:02 AM »
It takes awhile in, intake to use phones then they get to every so often like once a week once he is transferred u will hear from him more

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 03:46:49 PM »
Honey if he is idoc not county your rate will be a penny a minute it is in the new contract with securus and idoc.
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline Palmer33

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2018, 12:01:59 PM »
Hi All-
My L/O was transferred to receiving (Stateville) from county on August 28th. When he wrote his initial "phone list" he wrote my number down incorrectly. He corrected it as soon as he realized what he had done. He was then transferred to Taylorville on September 12th. I received a phone call from securus on the 14th, and I had to press 1, to "approve" being on his approved calling list, but was unable to speak to him. The call hung-up as soon as I pressed 1. (Unlike previous times when he was in county, where I would press 1 to accept the call, and then be able to talk to him)  I then visit him in Taylorville on the 26th. He told me that on the 1st of October, he would be able to again update his approved calling list. He has tried to call me (per the "last call attempted" on the securus wesbite) the 29th of September, the 3rd of October and again this morning (4th of October). Is there something that I've failed to do on my end, or does it really just take that long to be approved, after not having been on his initial approved calling list?

Thanks!

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2018, 12:11:39 PM »
I can speak to Taylorville - it took about 4 weeks to get my son's phone list approved. Visitor list was actually much quicker.

Hope this helps

Offline Palmer33

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2018, 12:15:23 PM »
I can speak to Taylorville - it took about 4 weeks to get my son's phone list approved. Visitor list was actually much quicker.

Hope this helps

Thanks Trauma4us!

He's able to call others who were on his initial call list. I've been "keeping in touch" through his mom. She received a call days after he was transferred to Taylorville. I'm assuming because I was an "edit" to his initial call list, my approval is taking longer?