• February 20, 2019, 10:29:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Program Sentence Credit  (Read 6122 times)

Offline tkesde1

Program Sentence Credit
« on: February 10, 2015, 09:54:27 AM »
I am looking for the long version of the program sentence credit information, not just the paragraph, anybody know where I can find it?
He's home!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Program Sentence Credit
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 10:46:38 AM »
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 04:17:13 PM »
I have read all 328 pages of the Unified Code of Corrections, it made my eyes bleed. However, still nothing that says this charge can be allowed to have it and this charge cannot. I have a precise example of someone with the exact same class of charge as my loved one and they received the Program Sentence Credit and yet they say at his facility, according to the computer, my loved one does not qualify. He has been so screwed over by the system, I want him to at least get what he is entitled to - I am so frustrated.  The other guy it wasn't even his first time being incarcerated. My loved one has never been in trouble and is an honorable discharged veteran. Is it who you know?

I have not given up, computers are programmed by people and people make mistakes. I am still looking for the master list of what charges are allowed to have program sentence credit and which ones are not. Is there anybody out there who knows where I can find this list? By list, I don't mean this link:  https://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/news/2013/Pages/NewAdministrativeRuleonSentenceCredit.aspx

Thank you for any help.
He's home!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 04:20:17 PM »

Have you searched the actual legislation?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 06:04:12 PM »
Yes, I've read everything searchable. But if they determine what's eligible by putting a charge in a computer, as his counselor says they do and I believe him. There must be a list. According to what I've read, his class of charge is the exact same as others getting it. I believe there is an error in the program one way or the other. I am determined that he be treated the same. I know it may be an uphill battle, but I am determined.
He's home!

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 06:38:19 PM »
The basic determination of who gets program credit (time off for successfully completing a class/program) is based on 3 things: 1) The conviction, 2) If the class/program itself is eligible, 3) Was the class/program successfully completed?

A conviction of murder or a Class X will automatically cause someone to be ineligible for all types of credit (program and SSC).

Other automatic disqualifiers are having received program credit during a previous incarceration or being in for the third, or more, time.

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 07:05:28 PM »
You are correct Marksguy and none of those apply in this case. 1st timer. I am going to find someone who can tell me why other than that's what the computer says. Just trying to find 'the list'
He's home!

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 07:22:45 PM »
Your loved one should first put in a call pass to see the Asst. Warden of Programs at his facility. Once seen, he should RESPECTFULLY ask what about his conviction makes him ineligible. If he gets nowhere with that conversation, then you should call and try. Just remember that these administrators put up with complaints (some very asinine) all day, every day, so be as polite and understanding as possible. If either of you go in with a "it's not fair" or "you're screwing me/him over" attitude, the proverbial door will slam in your face.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 07:38:39 PM »

Are we talking about SSC or Program Sentence Credit or both?

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 06:40:35 AM »
Program Sentence Credit
He's home!

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 06:44:26 AM »
Marksguy, we have done that. I was very respectful, his counselor told him he was a lucky man because his wife is a real sweetheart. His counselor wished me luck genuinely and agreed that something was wrong, it's just beyond his level to fix it.
He's home!

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 08:10:26 AM »
If it is a legitimate processing or paperwork error, and neither the counselor nor Asst. Warden of Programs are able to help, you'll have to call Springfield to get it solved. Definitely have a copy of his sentencing papers on hand so that you have reference to what you might discuss.

Offline jaf

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 03:19:01 PM »
Isn't that that the legislation that says they can consider everything in the inmate's history,  even things they had not been convicted of? 

It seems that they are overly cautious about who they choose to give this out to. 
Since they had let way more out on the old program, some of whom made IDOC look bad and it ended up causing them big problems,  they are just super cautious.

Many of us thnk our LOs should qualify, but just don't.

Offline hopeful123

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 02:00:25 PM »
Hi All,

Is there a limit to the amount of Program Sentence Credits an inmate can receive?  My l/o is enrolled in two classes and will receive 90 days of credit upon successful completion of these to classes.  Can he continue to take these classes and earn credits or is there a limit on how much credit the IDOC will give in exchange for successful program completion?

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 08:12:53 PM »
I have not found a master list of programs and classes that qualifies for good time.  Any way it would be up to whats available at the facility that really matters and that is currently dictated by the lack of a budget.

JCAR is a good place to found the administrative rules for government.  Good Luck and please post one if you find one.

http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/02000107sections.html

http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/020parts.html