• October 15, 2018, 04:03:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Questions  (Read 7731 times)

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
Re: Securus Questions
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2017, 06:18:20 AM »
You are correct. You can only fund your account. The only way to know who is on his list or calling is if he tells you.

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2017, 09:22:35 AM »
I am the "owner" of my son's securus acct.  His PIN number (which only HE knows, I don't know it) is connected to the securus acct.  On this acct, I can certainly tell who he calls, when, how long he talks. In fact, I'm the one who put them on his acct.

However, he could have other people putting money on a different securus acct I guess. 

The acct I put money on, I control. He asks me to put phone numbers on the acct but I have the ability to block numbers as well.

Offline sarashane

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2017, 08:55:16 PM »
How do you do that? All I can see are his calls to me.
I had to go to a prison to find a man who treats me right!

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2017, 11:52:30 PM »
The only way to do it is if you put their numbers on your approved number list on securus site but then you pay for those calls. Like I have my cell and home both on my account he can call either on and it will charge same account. No way you can see if someone else set up an account and he is calling them
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline pt1318

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2017, 03:43:50 AM »
Right that's what I thought too. You would have to add all the numbers he wants to call to your Securus account and also pay for them, like parents, siblings etc. I had his sister's cell on my account for a while until she finally added it to her own.
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2017, 10:06:06 AM »
Correct - my son has only one acct as when he went to prison, all his "friends" dumped him.

Yes, I've put all the numbers on his acct. We are his only visitors but we visit 5-7 times/month so I put money on his phone acct only once a year or so.

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2017, 10:10:18 AM »
One point to remember that when you add a phone number to your securus account any inmate can then call that number and the fee is charged against your account unless you block the other institutions.

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2017, 11:24:45 AM »
Correct...

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2017, 01:29:19 PM »
Two of the numbers on my sons approved list that I have on my Securus account were receiving calls from other inmates and I racked up about $30 in charges before I realized it.    I globally blocked all facilities except for the facility where my son is located.

I think you need to call Securus to have this put into place.

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2017, 02:25:59 PM »
I did have that happen with our son's lawyer's phone number - lol.  Apparently several inmates use his services - lol