• February 20, 2019, 10:26:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: What happens to property when LO sent back to IDOC after ATC?  (Read 1807 times)

Offline 13ellis

• missing him....but he's doing great
Unfortunately I was notified yesterday that my LO was shipped back to Stateville after having been at Crossroads for three months. He was working full time and everything was going well. I don't know what happened. It will probably be a little while before I hear from him. Needless to say, I am devastated.

I am wondering what the procedure is for getting his property? Will the TV he bought in Jacksonville follow him to the next prison? Will he go back to the same one as before? How will I get all his property if I live out of town? How will I get his ID, SS card, etc. I have no idea what to do here and have yet to reach anyone at Crossroads with any helpful information. Thanks for any info you may have..

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: What happens to property when LO sent back to IDOC after ATC?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 07:17:33 PM »

Usually when an inmate is moved from an ATC back to a home prison, he has gotten into some kind of trouble and he would get a ticket for that.  Once back at Stateville, he would have his ticket heard within 14 days and they will determine if he is guilty, he will be moved to a prison, but not necessarily the one he was in before going to the ATC and put in SEG or just put back into GP at that prison.

Without knowing what happened, you'll have to wait to hear from him to find out. 

From experience with others who have had LO's moved back from ATC's some have said they are not allowed to bring their property from the ATC back with them, but you just never know. 

If I were you, I would continue to call the ATC until you get ahold of someone that knows more and can tell you if you or someone else can pick up his property or exactly how this works. If you cannot get any satisfaction from the ATC, then I would call Springfield, good luck.

I hope you hear from him soon and that whatever happened gets straightened out.

We have a few members here now, that had LO's moved back from an ATC, hopefully one of them will see this topic and respond to you.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”