• February 23, 2019, 09:47:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Orr et al v. Elyea et al  (Read 4116 times)

Offline DTLsgirl

Orr et al v. Elyea et al
« on: January 10, 2014, 07:58:32 PM »
Is anyone familiar with the Orr et al v. Elyea et al case?? Trying to get more details and status of this case. Thanks in advance for any information.  :wc38:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Orr et al v. Elyea et al
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 08:25:10 PM »

NOTE: This lawsuit is for the inadequate care of Hepatitis C in IDOC, filed my multiple inmates.

This looks like a document filed in this case, it was modified 4/5/2013, there is nothing else saying where it is as of now:

Court Description:

ORDER entered on 4/5/13 by Judge Harold A Baker. AGREED ORDER APPOINTING SETTLEMENT SPECIAL MASTER. (Attachments: Affidavit of Richard J Gray) (TC, ilcd) Modified on 4/5/2013 to show copy emailed to Richard Gray (TC, ilcd).

You can download the PDF here:

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/illinois/ilcdce/2:2008cv02232/44907/269
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline DTLsgirl

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 08:39:21 PM »
Thanks, Mah!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 08:53:10 PM »
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline BobNBecka

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:53:48 AM »
K. Heller always mails us info, my husband is in this case too.

I watch it on - http://www.pacer.gov/psco/cgi-bin/links.pl

Offline BobNBecka

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 10:56:12 AM »
State declined the settlement amount in Dec, but the state had until Jan 7 to offer a counter offer - haven't heard what happened there yet. 

On the webpage I watch they only have case information THE DAY court takes place.  Heller tells my hubby when the next court date is, and I check it online for results.

That's where the case stands, state is supposed to come to an agreement by June 2014.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 11:14:14 AM »
K. Heller always mails us info, my husband is in this case too.

I watch it on - http://www.pacer.gov/psco/cgi-bin/links.pl

Could you please post for the others interested in this, the link/s or information to get to what you are watching. 

Thank You!

Offline DTLsgirl

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 08:26:33 PM »
Thanks BobnBecka, my boyfriend asked me to find out the status of the case. I've been searching but couldn't find any updated info.

Offline BobNBecka

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 10:54:33 PM »
Everyone in the case was offered treatment, if they declined - they where removed from the settlement offer.

They had court last week, haven't heard the outcome yet.  But my hubby was offered treatment and said yes, and is currently scheduled for a Fibroscan.

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.