• June 23, 2018, 04:19:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Transfer Questions  (Read 2613 times)

Offline AandMR

Transfer Questions
« on: January 03, 2014, 06:39:27 PM »
So I'm trying to think of te word that is used when an inmate goes to a differen part of the prison to wait for the bus to their new prison, but I really can't remember it for some reason. Anyways, my question is...how is one supposed to know if their LO is in going through this. Is it called receiving? Something like that? I was supposed to get a call today and never received one and they're not on lockdown. So I'm wondering f he's been called for his transfer and is waiting to get moved, if that's the case, can he not make phone calls while waiting? And is it still okay for them to get visits during this time?
Loverlover

Offline AandMR

Re: I can't think of how to ask this....
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 06:41:50 PM »
Sorry Mah, if this is the wrong place to post this, I get lost on here sometimes. Haha!!!
Loverlover

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 10:00:05 PM »
I don't know exact answers for you, but, I do know that they will not let you know when a transfer is taking place.  It's not cause they're mean, it's security purposes.  If you're registered on VINE, you'll get a call letting you know he's been transferred when he gets to his new prison.

To my knowledge, they don't sit and wait in a special area, but I could be wrong.  According to my l/o, the guards just come get the guys out of their cells when it's their turn to get on the bus and go. 

Offline Sed1971

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 03:50:37 AM »
So I'm trying to think of te word that is used when an inmate goes to a differen part of the prison to wait for the bus to their new prison, but I really can't remember it for some reason. Anyways, my question is...how is one supposed to know if their LO is in going through this. Is it called receiving? Something like that? I was supposed to get a call today and never received one and they're not on lockdown. So I'm wondering f he's been called for his transfer and is waiting to get moved, if that's the case, can he not make phone calls while waiting? And is it still okay for them to ge :wc30:t visits during this time?

You can always check the IDOC website too.  He should be in a yellow jumpsuit when it is time to transfer.  In my experience, they change into the jumpsuit the day before they go somewhere or possible the morning of the transfer.  Sometimes you just have to try and be patient for a few days and the situation will reveal itself.  Stay strong! :)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re:Transfer Questions
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 06:40:52 AM »
If your LO was just approved, it could take sometime for a bed to open up at Taylorville and be moved.  Once he is ready, they will tell him to get his property together and he will be moved on a bus and sent.  They usually don't tell them too much, for security purposes before they are moved.  There could be other reasons why you didn't get a call other than him moving.

You can keep an eye on his profile on the IDOC website and once he is moved, it will show him either in transit or at Taylorville.  I hope he is moved soon, goes through orientation at Taylorville and be in contact with you ASAP.

Best to him!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline laurencp137

Re: Transfer Questions
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 06:15:44 PM »
So my LO was just picked up on a parole violation on Sunday, (2/18), and is in Stateville Reception status.  His pic was just updated today in a yellow jumpsuit.  Does this mean they're transferring him??  And already??  It's only been 2 days!  His PO told us that he wouldn't be getting transferred and he'd stay in Stateville until he goes in front of the PRB.  Also, he didn't pick up any new charges just violated a condition of his parole.  He only has 3 more months of parole.  If he just serves the rest of it inside will his time get cut in half? Meaning he'd be done early april instead of end of may?  And will the time waiting for the PRB count as day for day? 

Sorry, i know i have a lot of questions.  Thanks in advance!!

Offline hiswife420

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 08:02:55 PM »
My LO is in the MSU at Statesville. Some of the guys in NRC wear the yellow jumpsuits. If it's a parole violation and he only has 3 months left he may have to stay in the NRC at Statesville for the remainder of his parole. This not for sure but I know some of the inmates there are in the same situation and they had to stay there.

Offline laurencp137

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 10:47:10 AM »
Thank you for the reply.  As an update, the parole board finally called me back and said he won't go in front of them until 3/28 and that's only as long as they don't transfer him, (which they possibly could and then it would delay the process even more).  Ugh.  She said his time waiting for the parole board does NOT count as day for day credit as it's considered "dead time".  And even though there were no new charges against him they could adjust his parole date even longer if they wanted to.  In regards to the yellow jumpsuit, she said it doesn't really mean anything as they have so many people in there that they're just putting them in whatever now.  So if he stays in NRC will he be able to make a phone call before he goes in front of PRB??  Would we be able to visit him at all??  This waiting around and not knowing whats going to happen is killing me!