• February 20, 2019, 10:28:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Good Time Schedules and Sentence Credit Applicable to Felony Sentences Title 20  (Read 27138 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk

Section 107.120  Good Time Schedules and Sentence Credit Applicable to Felony Sentences

Go here to see information/breakdown, effective February 1, 2013:

http://ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/020001070B01200R.html
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Sed1971

Who is actually getting the time because I thought it was sporadic at best??

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk

Inmates get Sentence Credit all the time, some serve 50% convictions, some 85% while others get credit for programs and classes and you can look at this list to see who has gotten the new Supplemental Sentence Credit formerly MSG/SMGT:

http://www.illinois.gov/idoc/Offender/Pages/CommunityNotificationofInmateEarlyRelease.aspx

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Sed1971

Inmates get Sentence Credit all the time, some serve 50% convictions, some 85% while others get credit for programs and classes and you can look at this list to see who has gotten the new Supplemental Sentence Credit formerly MSG/SMGT:

http://www.illinois.gov/idoc/Offender/Pages/CommunityNotificationofInmateEarlyRelease.aspx

Right, but I'm talking about Good Time Credit.  The extra time they are supposed to be getting….

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/Offender/Pages/CommunityNotificationofInmateEarlyRelease.aspx

Right, but I'm talking about Good Time Credit.  The extra time they are supposed to be getting….

Yes, so was I and if you go to the link I gave you, you can see all the inmates that have gotten it and are continuing to get it, that is Supplement Sentence Credit (goodtime)(MGT/SMGT).  SSC is not guaranteed, not everyone gets it and if I remember correctly, your LO is in on a parole violation, he would not be eligible to receive any SSC(goodtime).

Offline tamron214

Anyone have a loved one that has been awarded the good time and actually get it? I know (from his counselor) that my son does qualify for the 180 days good time. But does anyone know why the percent of the ones that do qualify only a small percent actually gets it.... Does this make sense? Or just in my head... LOL Are they just not following through will the release or is it some other reason? I would really think that they would want to get them out if they qualify. It is so overcrowded and expensive. I can understand and agree with the strict rules for qualifying, but once that has been approved, it's hard to understand why they don't actually get it. Any knowledge on this topic would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Anyone have a loved one that has been awarded the good time and actually get it? I know (from his counselor) that my son does qualify for the 180 days good time. But does anyone know why the percent of the ones that do qualify only a small percent actually gets it.... Does this make sense? Or just in my head... LOL Are they just not following through will the release or is it some other reason? I would really think that they would want to get them out if they qualify. It is so overcrowded and expensive. I can understand and agree with the strict rules for qualifying, but once that has been approved, it's hard to understand why they don't actually get it. Any knowledge on this topic would be appreciated. Thanks.

They used to give MGT/SMGT to almost anyone who was serving a 50% conviction, but when that was cancelled for almost 2 1/2 years, the laws were changed, new legislation brought forward and now it is harder to earn this new SSC.

It depends on the inmate and what his conviction is, what he shows he does to earn it and more.  It is not given out as easily as the old MGT/SMGT was.  If you look at the link I have provided and see what convictions the people who have earned it have, you will get an idea of who is receiving it.

Tell your son to do what he is suppose to, take classes/programs if he can and he will see if he earns 3 or 6 months, it's not guaranteed, never was, can be taken away once given too, but it is harder to get this time around.  Good Luck to him.

Offline tamron214

Thank you Forevermah....
It sounds like even though he qualifies with his charge and all the technical things that he still may not get it? He is in Sheridan and in the treatment program. So I guess this is just another waiting period to see if he actually gets it. I swear I think this is harder on the family sometimes! Thank you for all that you do on this site. Have a Merry Christmas.

Offline luvmyski

Can anyone tell me how this new SSC works my bf is in on a class 4 felon with a gun and no it was not violent. Just got caught with a gun. I am so confused. How does this actually work now and how long does it take for them to notify him of Credit. I have already received papers asking if it was ok for him to parole here. Just trying to figure all this out please help

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Can anyone tell me how this new SSC works my bf is in on a class 4 felon with a gun and no it was not violent. Just got caught with a gun. I am so confused. How does this actually work now and how long does it take for them to notify him of Credit. I have already received papers asking if it was ok for him to parole here. Just trying to figure all this out please help

Welcome to IPT!

He has to serve 60 days before he would even be considered for SSC, it is not guaranteed and not all convictions earn it. He may get one month or six, but no one at this point can tell you that, he has to qualify.  You can begin to read everything on this board for information.

He will just have to wait and see what happens.

If you got information for parole already, did he have county time that was credited to him, making him eligible for parole soon?

Offline his.lucky.charm

Quick question. My boyfriend was just sentenced today and he got four years but was given a year for time served and six months good time. He is confused with how this is going to work. Do they tack that on right away or does he still need to earn it?? This has been a crazy roller coaster again. Thanks in advance :)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Quick question. My boyfriend was just sentenced today and he got four years but was given a year for time served and six months good time. He is confused with how this is going to work. Do they tack that on right away or does he still need to earn it?? This has been a crazy roller coaster again. Thanks in advance :)

He has to earn the good time if he is eligible and he won't know that until he is in IDOC for at least 60 days. Count on him doing the year he still has to serve and anything else is a bonus, they could give him 1-6 months additional Supplemental Sentence Credit, maybe, it also depends on his sentence/history.

Welcome to IPT.

Offline his.lucky.charm

Thank you!!!

Offline washwin5

Hi. My husband just had an incident that may have caused him to go to seg. He is at a minimum security facility. He mentioned that he maybe transferred if taken to seg for refusing to move to a different unit. If transferred; will that affect any good time,and if so can he earn that back? Out date is 6/16

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Hi. My husband just had an incident that may have caused him to go to seg. He is at a minimum security facility. He mentioned that he maybe transferred if taken to seg for refusing to move to a different unit. If transferred; will that affect any good time,and if so can he earn that back? Out date is 6/16

If he already had earned any SSC and they take any away, he could still earn it back. Many guys refuse housing and are put in SEG, but not sure if that hurts them earning or keeping their SSC.  He can talk to his counselor after he gets moved.  Did he already have some SSC earned?

Offline sonshine

I knew someone that got 7years and only did 18 months is that really possible...and how

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
I knew someone that got 7years and only did 18 months is that really possible...and how

Yes, if he had credit for time in county and earned GT for classes/programs.. all depends.

Offline washwin5

Thanks for info, and no he hasn't received any yet, but I did find out later on that evening that he was giving a chance to think it out, so of course he reconsidered and was placed on a different unit.... :wc59: thank god that he is not just thinking about himself, but his family as well, so he can come home soon.

Offline washwin5

If he already had earned any SSC and they take any away, he could still earn it back. Many guys refuse housing and are put in SEG, but not sure if that hurts them earning or keeping their SSC.  He can talk to his counselor after he gets moved.  Did he already have some SSC earned?
No, he haven't earn any good time yet, and he didn't go to seg, but instead followed the rules....
I do have a question though: Do you know how long it takes for you to receive notification of any good time if granted? Just say if you had 16mos left. Would you be hearing anything soon if eligible?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk

No, he haven't earn any good time yet, and he didn't go to seg, but instead followed the rules....
I do have a question though: Do you know how long it takes for you to receive notification of any good time if granted? Just say if you had 16mos left. Would you be hearing anything soon if eligible?

He may not hear anything until he is closer to getting out.. They used to give them SSC (Goodtime) in 3 month increments, but not sure if they are still doing that or just giving them it all at once.. They had to earn it in the past and it can be taken away if they get into trouble.

Offline washwin5

:wc38:

Offline onetruelovemike

Ok can someone please help me understand the SSC ??? My LO was charged with Robbery and Kidnapping with Intent.. Both Class 2..With theses charges will he get any SSC time??. He has about 10 days until the 61 Wonder Days as they call it.. He has a medical issue that is going to cost the state a ton of $$ if they keep my LO in there. He was sentenced to 1 year which means out March 2016.  I just want to know if there is someone I can ask or if my LO can ask. LO has asked but none will say anything?? Who can I talk to ?? Please help me understand.. So confussed... Thank you

Offline tkesde1

There are so many things in play here, is it one charge or two? The way I was reading it was that it was two charges.

Was he sentenced to one year or was he sentenced to two years and it is a 50%? 

This is from IDOC's website:

Statutory Sentence Credit refers to the percentage of time a determinate-sentenced offender must spend incarcerated. Offenders serve 50%, 75%, 85%, or 100% of their sentence, determined by statute, and based on the offense that was committed. For example, an offender who received a 4 year sentence for burglary would serve 50% of his sentence by statute, or 2 years. Offenders may lose statutory sentence credit based on negative behavior while in custody.

If there are two charges that he is in for, are they set to run consecutively or concurrently?

That will be on his Mittimus documents as well as should show on his IDOC page.

That is the Statuatory Sentence Credit - above.

Below is for Supplemental Sentence Credit. You can't count on Supplemental Sentence Credit, that is at the discretion of

Supplemental Sentence Credit ("SSC") refers to credit of up to 180 days on an offender's incarceration that can be issued as a result of an offender's good conduct. This credit is at the sole discretion of the Director of the Department of Corrections or his designee. Similar to Statutory Sentence Credit and Program Sentence Credit, offenders may lose SSC based on their behavior while in custody.

In response to changes in the law regarding awards of sentence credit, revised administrative rules have been finalized and appear in the Illinois Register. Under the revised rules, review of offenders for an award of SSC is pursuant to 20 Ill. Adm. Code 107.210, "Awarding of Supplemental Sentence Credit."

For an offender to be eligible for an award of SSC, first and foremost, he or she must have served more than 60 days in IDOC custody and be serving a sentence for offenses that are not excluded from an award pursuant to Section 3-6-3(a)(3) of the Code of Corrections (730 ILCS 5/3-6-3(a)(3)). Additionally, some offenders, by the nature of their current commitment offenses, will only be eligible for up to 90 days of SSC pursuant to Section 3-6-3(a)(3) of the Code of Corrections.

There are additional administrative rule requirements that must be met in order for an offender to be eligible for an award of SSC. The offender:
•must not be subject to review under the Sexually Violent Person's Act,
•must not have been found guilty of a 100 level disciplinary offense (violated while in custody) under 20 Ill. Adm. Code 504,
•must not have any pending criminal charges committed during the current incarceration,
•must not have been returned to the Department for a violation of his or her parole or mandatory supervised release during their current incarceration,
•must not have voluntarily quit or have been terminated for disciplinary reasons from a boot camp program,
•if recommended by a court, must have completed substance abuse treatment or been waived from the requirement by the Department, and
•must have completed mandatory sex offender treatment (if necessary) or been waived of the requirement by the Department (if applicable).

I hope that some of this might have somehow helped.

He's home!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Ok can someone please help me understand the SSC ??? My LO was charged with Robbery and Kidnapping with Intent.. Both Class 2..With theses charges will he get any SSC time??. He has about 10 days until the 61 Wonder Days as they call it.. He has a medical issue that is going to cost the state a ton of $$ if they keep my LO in there. He was sentenced to 1 year which means out March 2016.  I just want to know if there is someone I can ask or if my LO can ask. LO has asked but none will say anything?? Who can I talk to ?? Please help me understand.. So confussed... Thank you

I answered your question in a couple other of your posts.  There is no one that will or can give you an answer if your LO is going to receive any SSC.

He has to be in prison for 60 days before theY will even look at his history/conviction and other things to see if he qualifies for 1-6 months.

They will contact him if he is eligible after that 60 day period.  If he isn't, he won't hear anything.

The new SSC is different than the old MGT.

If he was sentenced to one year at 50% he will be out in six months.

Please go to your profile and look under posts to see where this has all been answered before.

Offline purple07

I think it was the 2nd comment or so had a link to a list of who got the days.

It says page not found.

Does anyone havean updated link?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
I think it was the 2nd comment or so had a link to a list of who got the days.

It says page not found.

Does anyone havean updated link?

Try this link and then click on Supplemental Sentence:

I changed the link in the other posts too, thank you, they changed it on the IDOC website under Inmate Search > Community Notification of Early Release

Offline sarah187

Hey guys!

So just to clarify, IDOC will let my l/o know if he is eligible or will he have to apply for something on his end? He's been in since 2009 and was sentenced to 15 years at 85%, do you think even if he was eligible they wouldn't offer it until a little later on?

Many thanks in advanced for any clarification!

:)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Hey guys!

So just to clarify, IDOC will let my l/o know if he is eligible or will he have to apply for something on his end? He's been in since 2009 and was sentenced to 15 years at 85%, do you think even if he was eligible they wouldn't offer it until a little later on?

Many thanks in advanced for any clarification!

:)

85% convictions are not eligible for the six month SSC and they are not allowed to take any kind of classes/programs to earn extra credit, they have to serve their whole sentence.

Offline sarah187

Hmm are you sure? :( That's odd since he's been taking classes in there for years...Maybe they're allowed to participate in the programs and obtain the certificates but they don't get rewarded with good time for them.

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
Yes they are all allowed to take classes. They just don't earn any good time for them.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Hmm are you sure? :( That's odd since he's been taking classes in there for years...Maybe they're allowed to participate in the programs and obtain the certificates but they don't get rewarded with good time for them.

They can take classes/programs, but like I said they don't earn extra credit for them.

Offline tkesde1

You can check this link and see the people who have received the Supplemental Sentence Credit :  https://www.illinois.gov/idoc/Offender/Pages/CommunityNotificationofInmateEarlyRelease.aspx
Click on their IDOC number to see the charge that they were in for, from the date of their admission to the date of their parole release, you can easily tell if they are 50% sentences.

I used to check the link monthly, the past 2 years I was checking, during that time it was mainly theft, drugs or other similar charges that received the credit.
He's home!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk

Here is Title 20 Administrative Rules : Section 107.520  Eligibility for Program Sentence Credit

http://ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/020001070F05200R.html

Offline geminancer35

I'm trying to get a full understanding here. My L/O was convicted of murder  in 1991 He was sentenced to 25 yrs at 50% is he elgible for SSC?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
I'm trying to get a full understanding here. My L/O was convicted of murder  in 1991 He was sentenced to 25 yrs at 50% is he elgible for SSC?

No, but he may have already received some MGT before it was suspended, you'll have to ask him, if he didn't then he would not be eligible under the new SSC laws.

Usually charges of murder do not receive any SSC.

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=29581.0

Inmates who commit a level-100 offense while incarcerated DO NOT qualify for SSC.
You can find a list of 100-level offenses here:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=29325.0

Offline geminancer35

He has served his sentence for the murder and is currently serving a yr sentence for a weapons charge while incarcerated. Does that charge make him elgible?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
He has served his sentence for the murder and is currently serving a yr sentence for a weapons charge while incarcerated. Does that charge make him elgible?

You might want to read through this post and I don't think he would be eligible for any goodtime:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=29325.msg226966#msg226966

Offline geminancer35

Mah when I clicked on the link it would not let me access the site. He has put in a request for restoration of good time and was granted 60days. And was told he can reapply for every 60 days so that is a start.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
The 60 days he had reinstated, it was taken away when he got into trouble, was probably MGT-goodtime he got before the stopped MGT and started SSC.  MGT was much easier to get than SSC and then you need to look at what I posted below.

This is what that post said, note 104:

The 100 level and other levels have nothing to do with the class of crime that an inmate was convicted of.  The numbers refer to the infraction that are committed while the inmate is incarcerated and they are issued "tickets".  Not sure if I worded that very well either.....

Section 504.APPENDIX A   Offense Numbers and Definitions

100.     VIOLENT ASSAULT OF ANY PERSON

Causing a person or an object to come into contact with another person in a deadly manner or in a manner that results in or is likely to result in serious bodily injury.

101.     ARSON

Setting fire in any location whether public or private, including, but not limited to, any part of the facility, its grounds, or State vehicles.

102.     ASSAULTING ANY PERSON

Causing a person, substances, or an object to come into contact with another person in an offensive, provocative, or injurious manner or fighting with a weapon.

103.     BRIBERY & EXTORTION

Demanding or receiving anything of value in exchange for protection, to avoid bodily injury, or through duress or pressure.  Giving or receiving money or anything of value to violate State or federal law or to commit any act prohibited under this Part.

104.     DANGEROUS CONTRABAND

Possessing, manufacturing, introducing, selling, supplying to others, or using without authorization any explosive, acid, caustic material for incendiary devices, ammunition, dangerous chemical, escape material, knife, sharpened instrument, gun, firearm, razor, glass, bludgeon, brass knuckles, cutting tools, tools which may be used to defeat security measures such as hacksaw blades, keys, and lock picks, any other dangerous or deadly weapon or substance of like character, or any object or instrument that is made to appear to be or could be used as a deadly or dangerous weapon or substance.

105.     DANGEROUS DISTURBANCES

Causing, directing, or participating in any action or group activity that may seriously disrupt activities or endanger the facility, persons, or property, including the taking or holding of hostages by force or threat of force and engaging in prohibited group activities such as work stoppages or hunger strikes.

106.     ESCAPE OR RUNAWAY

For escape of a felon or runaway of a juvenile delinquent, leaving or failing to return to lawful custody without authorization, including the failure to return from furlough, leave, or authorized absence within 2 hours after the designated time.

107.     SEXUAL MISCONDUCT

Engaging in sexual intercourse, sexual conduct, or gesturing, fondling, or touching done to sexually arouse, intimidate, or harass either or both persons; or engaging in any of these activities with an animal.

108.     SEXUAL ASSAULT

Causing unwilling contact between the sex organ of one person and the sex organ, mouth, or anus of another person or any intrusion of any part of the body of one person or object into the sex organ or anus of another person by use of force or threat of force, including pressure, threats, or any other actions or communications by one or more persons to force another person to engage in a partial or complete sexual act.

109.     ELECTRONIC CONTRABAND

Possessing, selling, receiving, supplying to others, or using without authorization any electronic device, video recording device, computer, or cellular communications equipment, including, but not limited to, cellular telephones, cellular telephone batteries, pagers, computers, and computer peripheral equipment.

110.     IMPEDING OR INTERFERING WITH AN INVESTIGATION

Obstructing, impeding, or refusing to provide information relevant to an investigation.

201.     CONCEALMENT OF IDENTITY

Wearing a disguise or a mask, impersonating another, or otherwise concealing one's identity.

202.     DAMAGE OR MISUSE OF PROPERTY

Destroying, damaging, removing, altering, tampering with, or otherwise misusing property belonging to the State, another person, or entity, including the obstruction of locks or security devices, destroying or tampering with bar codes or identification cards, or the use of another person's identification card.

203.     DRUGS AND DRUG PARAPHERNALIA

Possessing, manufacturing, introducing, selling, supplying to others, or receiving alcohol, any intoxicant, inhalant, narcotic, syringe, needle, controlled substance, or marijuana; or being under the influence of any of the above substances; or refusing to be tested for drug or alcohol use, including failure to provide a specimen within 2 hours after the request; or destroying or tampering with drug or alcohol tests or testing equipment.  This offense includes medication misuse, for example, the possession or use of unauthorized amounts of prescribed medication, or selling or supplying prescribed medication to others.

204.     FORGERY

Forging, counterfeiting, or reproducing without authorization any document, article of identification, money, security, or official paper.

205.     SECURITY THREAT GROUP OR UNAUTHORIZED ORGANIZATIONAL ACTIVITY

Engaging, pressuring, or authorizing others to engage in security threat group or unauthorized organizational activities, meetings, or criminal acts; displaying, wearing, possessing, or using security threat group or unauthorized organizational insignia or materials; or giving security threat group or unauthorized organizational signs.  Unauthorized organizational activity shall include engaging in the above activities by or on behalf of an organization that has not been approved pursuant to 20 Ill. Adm. Code 445 or 450.

206.     INTIMIDATION OR THREATS

Expressing by words, actions, or other behavior an intent to injure any person or property that creates the reasonable belief that physical, monetary, or economic harm to that person or to another will result.

207.     POSSESSION OF MONEY

Possessing or causing to be brought into the facility any coin, currency, or other negotiable instrument without authorization or for residents of transition centers, failure to promptly submit all income to center staff, including wages, tips, gifts, or any check for social security, disability, veteran’s benefits, grants, scholarships, or loans.

208.     DANGEROUS COMMUNICATIONS

Engaging in verbal or written communication that is likely to encourage violence against persons or that is likely to disrupt or endanger the safety and security of the facility, including, but not limited to, escape plans and manufacture of weapons.

209.     DANGEROUS WRITTEN MATERIAL

Possessing or causing to be brought into the facility written material that presents a serious threat to the safety and security of persons or the facility, including, but not limited to, written material relating to methods of escape and the manufacture of weapons.

210.     IMPAIRMENT OF SURVEILLANCE

Using curtains, coverings, or any other matter or object in an unauthorized manner that obstructs or otherwise impairs the line of vision into an offender’s cell or room or which obstructs or otherwise impairs any viewing panel or surveillance equipment, both audio and visual, within the facility.

211.     POSSESSION OR SOLICITATION OF UNAUTHORIZED PERSONAL INFORMATION

Possessing or soliciting unauthorized personal information regarding another offender, releasee, employee, or former employee, including, but not limited to, personnel files, master files, medical or mental health records, photographs, social security numbers, home addresses, financial information, or telephone numbers except as authorized by a court order or as approved in writing by the Chief Administrative Officer.

212.     FRIVOLOUS LAWSUIT

A pleading, motion, or other paper filed by the offender for which the court, in accordance with 730 ILCS 5/3-6-3, has found to be frivolous.

213.     FAILURE TO REVEAL ASSETS

For adult offenders and juvenile offenders tried as adults, failing to fully cooperate in revealing financial assets on the form provided, including tangible and intangible property and real and personal property; providing false or inaccurate information regarding financial assets or dependants on the forms provided; or refusing to cooperate in revealing financial assets on the form provided.

301.     FIGHTING

Fighting with another person in a manner that is not likely to cause serious bodily injury to one or the other and that does not involve the use of a weapon.

302.     GAMBLING

Operating or playing a game of chance or skill for anything of value, making a bet upon the outcome of any event, or possessing any gambling device.  This shall include participating in any lottery.

303.     GIVING FALSE INFORMATION TO AN EMPLOYEE

Lying or knowingly providing false information to an employee, either orally or in writing.

304.     INSOLENCE

Talking, touching, gesturing, or other behavior that harasses, annoys, or shows disrespect.

305.     THEFT

Taking property belonging to another person or entity or the facility without the owner's authorization.

306.     TRANSFER OF FUNDS

Causing money to be transferred from one trust fund to another or through an outside source to the account of another offender or entering into contracts or credit agreements without written approval from the Chief Administrative Officer.

307.     UNAUTHORIZED MOVEMENT

Being anywhere without authorization or being absent from where required to be or returning late or not traveling directly to or from any authorized destination without prior staff approval.

308.     CONTRABAND OR UNAUTHORIZED PROPERTY

Possessing, giving, loaning, receiving, or using property that an offender has no authorization to have or to receive and that was not issued to the individual through regular procedures, including the unauthorized possession of food or clothing or the possession of property in excess of that which is authorized by the facility; or property that has been altered from its original state.

309.     PETITIONS, POSTINGS, AND BUSINESS VENTURES

Writing, signing, or circulating a petition without authorization; unauthorized distributing or posting of any printed or written materials, including surveys; engaging in an unauthorized business venture; or representing oneself as a corporation or official of a corporation without authorization.

310.     ABUSE OF PRIVILEGES

Violating any rule regarding visits, mail, the library, yard, commissary, telephone, or recreational activities.  This includes corresponding or communicating with a victim, a victim's family member, or any other person after the offender has received notice that such person has informed the Department that he or she does not wish to receive correspondence from the offender.  However, if the conduct also constitutes a violation of federal or State law, a committed person may also be charged under #501.

311.     FAILURE TO SUBMIT TO MEDICAL OR FORENSIC TESTS

Willfully refusing to submit to, or cooperate with, testing, examinations, or the provision of samples required by court order, State law, or current standards of public health and safety, including the refusal to submit to annual tuberculosis screening and mandatory HIV or DNA testing.

402.     HEALTH, SMOKING, OR SAFETY VIOLATIONS

Smoking in an unauthorized area; tattooing or body piercing, including, but not limited to, piercing of the ear, nose, or lip; or disregarding basic hygiene of any person, cell, living or work area, or other place in the facility or its grounds.

403.     DISOBEYING A DIRECT ORDER

Willfully refusing or neglecting to comply with an order, including the refusal to participate in educational testing; to accept a work, educational, or housing assignment; or to perform a work assignment.

404.     VIOLATION OF RULES

Willfully disobeying any rule of the facility.  If the specific offense is stated elsewhere in this Part, a committed person may not be charged with this offense.  The rule violated must be specified in the disciplinary report.

405.     FAILURE TO REPORT

Failure to report for a work, educational, or program assignment or for transport.

406.     TRADING OR TRAFFICKING

Trading or trafficking with any person.

501.     VIOLATING STATE OR FEDERAL LAWS

Committing any act that would constitute a violation of State or federal law.  If the specific offense is stated elsewhere in this Part, an offender may not be charged with this offense except as otherwise provided in this Section.  The State or federal offense must be specified in the disciplinary report.

601.     AIDING AND ABETTING, ATTEMPT, SOLICITATION, OR CONSPIRACY

Aiding and abetting any person in the commission of any of these offenses; attempting to commit any of these offenses; making plans to commit any of these offenses; soliciting another to commit any of these offenses; or conspiring to commit any of these offenses shall be considered the same as the commission of the offense itself and shall carry the penalty prescribed for the underlying offense.

(Source:  Added at 27 Ill. Reg. 6214, effective May 01, 2003)

http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/02000504ZZ9996AR.html