• February 20, 2019, 10:27:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Returned to IDOC from ATC  (Read 2800 times)

Offline shayshagirl44

Returned to IDOC from ATC
« on: November 24, 2013, 11:17:09 AM »
Hi my boyfriend was at crossroads atc work release & was recently sent back. What is the process for being sent back. He's been back at stateville for about a week now. Will this affect him getting his good time? Or is it only if he gets found guilty of his ticket? Will he be transferred somewhere else?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Returned to IDOC from ATC
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 12:54:45 PM »
Hi my boyfriend was at crossroads atc work release & was recently sent back. What is the process for being sent back. He's been back at stateville for about a week now. Will this affect him getting his good time? Or is it only if he gets found guilty of his ticket? Will he be transferred somewhere else?

Welcome to IPT!

His ticket will be, or should be heard within 14 days.  He may be sent back to a parent prison before or after that happens. 

I would just go by his out date that his profile shows now and don't count on any GT/SSC.  It all depends on why he was sent back and if they find him guilty he could aslo be sent to SEG, hard to tell now what IDOC may do.  He probably will not be going back to ATC though, that is a one time chance, you mess up you are out.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline shayshagirl44

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 07:10:30 PM »
What exactly does SEG mean? & yea from what I've read I know he won't be going back to ATC which sucks. I've written him everyday I just don't get what's taking so long for him to maybe call or write, seeing as how he's already in the system. Now if he does get shipped away is that based on if he's found guilty of his ticket or not? I'm an emotionally wreck & just ready for these 10 months to be over with.

Offline emb10285

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 07:19:17 PM »
Seg is segregation. I understand how you must be feeling and I hope things workout for the best for both of you.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 07:47:23 PM »
What exactly does SEG mean? & yea from what I've read I know he won't be going back to ATC which sucks. I've written him everyday I just don't get what's taking so long for him to maybe call or write, seeing as how he's already in the system. Now if he does get shipped away is that based on if he's found guilty of his ticket or not? I'm an emotionally wreck & just ready for these 10 months to be over with.

He may be sent to his parent prison before his ticket is read, but one way or the other, he will not stay in R&C at Stateville.  Wherever they send him, is where he will serve out the rest of his sentence.

SEG is segregation/confinement and if he goes, he may lose privileges, all depends on the outcome of his hearing. He may not go, just giving you a heads up.

:wc30:  hopefully you hear something soon, just keep writing him.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline shayshagirl44

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 08:35:52 PM »
Thank you! I'm hoping he stays at stateville & not get transferred I know he can't stay in RC. Or if he does get transferred he doesn't go far. It's more stressful not hearing from him & not knowing what's going on.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 08:46:56 PM »
Thank you! I'm hoping he stays at stateville & not get transferred I know he can't stay in RC. Or if he does get transferred he doesn't go far. It's more stressful not hearing from him & not knowing what's going on.

Don't think he will stay at Stateville, that is a Maximum security prison and if he only has 10 months to go he would probably be moved to a medium/minimum, but with IDOC you just don't know.