• February 20, 2019, 10:19:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: What Does Type-C Release Mean or C Release Mean  (Read 2630 times)

Offline guma

What Does Type-C Release Mean or C Release Mean
« on: May 27, 2013, 04:10:34 PM »
My L/O is in work release and said his case manager said he had a c-release or type-c release or class c release what does that mean?

Offline Mrs. G

• One Day
  • Even if u fall on ur face, u're still moving 4ward
Re: What does type-c release mean or c release mean
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 10:11:05 AM »
Unfortunately, I do not have the answer for you guma.. but I would suggest just calling down to the site and asking. Seems you have been waiting for a couple of days for someone to answer this question you have, best to just call down to the site and ask and see what response you are given. And posting the answer you received so that if anyone may have the same situation as you they can receive some information.

:wc71-1:

Offline lori491999

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 02:21:35 PM »
I vaguely remember reading something about this quite a while ago.  I think there are different grades, or levels at the ATC's.  Like A-grade, B-grade and C-grade.  It has something to do with how much "freedom" they get while there.  Try searching for it on the home page.  If I get a chance, I will see what I can find, too.

Offline LMD

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 09:18:30 PM »
The ATCs do have a level system as referred to by lori491999, which in turn relates to the privileges that they get, but it is a number system (level 1, level 2, level 3, level 4) with level 1 being the lowest level and level four being the highest with the most privileges.  I have never heard of c-release though.