• February 20, 2019, 10:26:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Work Release  (Read 4720 times)

Offline precious0573

Work Release
« on: April 14, 2013, 05:44:59 PM »
My L/O submitted his paperwork for work release, at our visit today he asked me if I would phone Springfield with like a recommendation or I guess to tell them his achievements/goals and why he would be a good candidate for work release.  Does anyone know where I should start with this issue??  Thanks in advance  :wc14:

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
Re: Work Release
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 06:12:13 AM »
I don't know that calling Springfield will make any difference.  Work release has a long waiting list just like any other program within IDOC.  Sometimes calling Springfield does more harm than good.
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.

Offline mikaelarose

Re: Work Release
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 06:25:23 AM »
my son at one time also asked me to call Springfield as well. I never did because I thought it would cause more harm then anything. He said "all the guys say it will help" I never did understand that.
'

Offline precious0573

Contacting Counselor
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 07:54:35 PM »
Hi IPT!!
Im wondering how I go about talking to my L/O's counselor??  Also, he put in paperwork for work release, I know Springfield is swamped with requests, but anyone know who I would direct an email, phone call or letter to regarding that situation??
Thanks so much for your help!  This Website is SOOOO Helpful!   :wc38:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Work Release/Contacting Counselor
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 09:00:47 PM »
Call the prison he is at and ask to talk to his counselor, give them his ID# and if they can will connect you. Write down your questions and they will answer what they can/will.

As far as calling Springfield there isn't anyone you can talk to about getting him into work release, it all depends on Springfield approval.  There are only so many spaces in the ATC's and many more that apply.

Good Luck to your LO, but be prepared, it could sometime to get it approved and if not approved he can reapply.

I've merged this topic with your other work release topic about calling Springfield.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”