Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 22, 2014, 06:04:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 years for agg.battery?  (Read 738 times)
fairveiw0919

« on: March 04, 2013, 03:07:01 PM »

my best friend was just sentenced 2 years for aggravated battery. He has no battery charges on his record whatsoever. He has been to prison before for theft. They gave him a plea bargain for 2 years with 170 days credit. He acted like it was good, but I thought that they should have taken it down to a misdemeanor because to me it still seems rather harsh. Now he is waiting to go in front of the Prisoner Review Board because he violated parole.do they add even more time usually? His original out date discharge date was May 23rd 2014. Any comments would be awesome thank you!
fairveiw0919

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 03:08:19 PM »

also I forgot to ask then you pick up the new charge after being on parole what does that do to your good time he was serving 50 percent and had  good time
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 05:01:19 PM »

my best friend was just sentenced 2 years for aggravated battery. He has no battery charges on his record whatsoever. He has been to prison before for theft. They gave him a plea bargain for 2 years with 170 days credit. He acted like it was good, but I thought that they should have taken it down to a misdemeanor because to me it still seems rather harsh. Now he is waiting to go in front of the Prisoner Review Board because he violated parole.do they add even more time usually? His original out date discharge date was May 23rd 2014. Any comments would be awesome thank you!

Is this the same person you asked questions about in this topic:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=29668.msg229464#msg229464

Questions were answered for you in that topic if it is the same person.

If he violated parole is is not eligible for SSC, if they gave him 2 years @50% that would be 1 year minus the 170 days (almost 6 months) so he would either have to finish whatever time he had left on parole or the time on this new sentence, whichever time is greater and yes they could add some time on too.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: