my husband is going into gram anyday now and he has an class X on canninbis and i was wondering if anyone could let me know of he would be egilble for work release any advice would be great thanks
Welcome to IPT Heather.
These are the qualifications guidelines for being able to get into an ATC (work release center). Class X felonies do not qualify.
Committed persons who meet the following criteria may submit a request for consideration for placement in a community correctional center to designated program staff.
a) To be considered for placement, the committed person must: 1) Not be serving a sentence for murder, any Class X felony, attempted murder, voluntary manslaughter, aggravated kidnapping, kidnapping, indecent liberties with a child or arson.
2) Not have any documented involvement in organized crime activities.
3) Not have any documented large scale narcotics trafficking.
b) For pre-release placement as a regular resident, the committed person must:
1) Have no more than 2 years and no less than 2 months remaining prior to his release date.
2) Be in "A" grade (20 Ill. Adm. Code 504.130).
3) Have a designated security classification of minimum with supervision or minimum.
4) Have no outstanding warrants or detainers against him.
5) Have no acute medical or dental problems requiring resolution prior to a transfer.
6) Receive a positive assessment of risk and needs.
7) Have no incidents of escape or escape attempts within the last five years.
8) Not have received disciplinary action resulting in confinement in segregation or loss of good time within the last 45 days prior to his application for pre-release placement.
c) For placement as a permanent party resident, the committed person must:
1) Be within 2½ years of his release date.
2) Be in "A" grade.
3) Be classified for minimum security.
4) Have no outstanding warrants or detainers on file.
5) Receive a positive assessment of risk and needs.
6) Have documented skills for the work assignment requested. An applicant for a work assignment as a cook must have a food handler's sanitation certificate.http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/020004550000300R.html
The whole work release code/wording:http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/02000455sections.html