Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 22, 2014, 07:10:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boot Camp Waiting Time  (Read 2526 times)
tiaralee24

« on: March 01, 2013, 07:14:03 PM »

I just wanted to know how long does my boyfriend have to wait at stateville before his boot camp starts
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 07:20:48 PM »

I just wanted to know how long does my boyfriend have to wait at stateville before his boot camp starts

Hi Welcome to IPT!

The waits for bootcamp can be up to 60 days and more. During the summer they were running 120 days, but I think it is less now.

There is limited space in only two camps and many inmates that are waiting.    

You should go to our Adult BootCamp board here, there is a lot of information you may need:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?board=35.0

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
Latria

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 06:20:10 AM »

Do anyone have a LO who recently got transfer to boot camp ? How long was the reception period ?
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 07:47:51 AM »

In the past the time has been 60 days plus, we have not heard lately what exactly it is, it seems to pick up in the summer months and wait times have been as long as 120 days.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
Latria

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 04:43:56 AM »

My lo profile recently update with his parole date for 2016 does this mean he is not going to boot camp.the judge did recommend it for him.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 07:09:06 AM »

My lo profile recently update with his parole date for 2016 does this mean he is not going to boot camp.the judge did recommend it for him.

No, his out date will not change, because should something happen that he doesn't finish the bootcamp program that still remains his out date.

Best to him.   Keep writing and support him through all of this, they need that, the program is a rough one, but he can make it if his head is in the right place and with your encouragement and support!

Latria

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 04:07:14 PM »

So we his release date and information being update on the system do thst mean he is closer to going away for boot camp
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 04:26:09 PM »

So we his release date and information being update on the system do thst mean he is closer to going away for boot camp

How long has he been waiting now for a spot in camp?  It's been taking around 60 -120 days for them to be moved to BC.

Latria

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 09:06:14 PM »

its only been two weeks.. guess I have a long time to wait but I figure if they did a big transfer in April that they will be doing another big move around August
Angela

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 09:59:43 PM »

its only been two weeks.. guess I have a long time to wait but I figure if they did a big transfer in April that they will be doing another big move around August

wc12  to IPT Latria.

Please see below valuable information for you.

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?board=35.0
anxiouslywaiting

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 02:56:57 PM »

Hey, i was just wondering if you heard anything back about your boyfriend getting in to bootcamp? My girl is supposed to be going there too and she got sent too Logan 2 weeks ago, And I just got a letter back from her sayin she supposed to be going at the end of august, I dont know how true that is tho. Or who she heard it from.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 02:58:44 PM »

Hey, i was just wondering if you heard anything back about your boyfriend getting in to bootcamp? My girl is supposed to be going there too and she got sent too Logan 2 weeks ago, And I just got a letter back from her sayin she supposed to be going at the end of august, I dont know how true that is tho. Or who she heard it from.

Did you ever call Bob?  what did he say?

anxiouslywaiting

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 03:55:32 PM »

Yes. I called bob. He said that he had not yet recieved any paperwork for her yet. But he also said he saw that she was fairly new at Logan so give it a couple weeks. Im just curious to know who told her she would be going at the end of August.
lori491999
Mod Squad

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 03:59:34 PM »

Yes. I called bob. He said that he had not yet recieved any paperwork for her yet. But he also said he saw that she was fairly new at Logan so give it a couple weeks. Im just curious to know who told her she would be going at the end of August.

I have never had anyone go through bootcamp, but I'm assuming that there are CO's at R&C in Logan who like to talk out of turn just like there are everywhere else in the system.  I'm definitely not saying all by any means, but there are some who like to tell inmates things that are not true just to watch how they react.  Hopefully that wasn't the case here.

Latria

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 05:51:57 PM »

Well he is at stateville . He went in on june 4 and I called bob the second week and he said his paperwork have been started but not complete yet week three I called again he said he was approve that same week he had a new picture n he was bald n staus changed to in custody instead of reception wat happen was they took him half way there and turnrd around and brought two of them back they told him because of paper work but bob said no beds was open but I got a call Sunday n my bf told me they take them everyday ehy not him idk
sadmommy0610

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 11:07:09 PM »

My boyfriend got to stateville on September 10th 2013 and is waiting to be approved
For boot camp.  Does anyone know approximately how long
People are waiting for boot camp as of September 2013. I
Am just worried, haven't heard from him at all. I've been writing
But no replies & no call. Can't wait to start our countdown.
I gave birth to our baby a few weeks ago and just anxious to have him back.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 07:42:42 AM »

My boyfriend got to stateville on September 10th 2013 and is waiting to be approved
For boot camp.  Does anyone know approximately how long
People are waiting for boot camp as of September 2013. I
Am just worried, haven't heard from him at all. I've been writing
But no replies & no call. Can't wait to start our countdown.
I gave birth to our baby a few weeks ago and just anxious to have him back.

You may not hear from him while he is in R&C waiting to be moved, which could take up to 30+ days, all depends on when a bed openes up at the camp they want him to be sent to, this is all after he goes through receiving and they are sure he qualifies for the camp.  Just keep writing him and letting him know you are OK and give him support, this about all you can do right now.  If he gets ahold of a writeout, he may be able to send you a quick letter or note.

His countdown starts the day he makes it to BC and then it is a 120-180 day program depending on how he goes through it.

For now you can read whatever you can on this board, it will give you most all the information you will need to get you through this journey and remember to support him through his.

confusedgf

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 11:20:29 AM »

I was just wondering a couple questions about the boot camp program. My boyfriend is currently waiting at the county to be transferred down to R&C, he was thinking he would be leaving last week but instead it is this week. He was worried about the physical exam that they must go through in order to qualify  for the boot camp. He was already approved by the judge but is worried about when he gets down there. He wears glasses is that okay? He also has contacts but was more nervous about maintaining supplies like contact solution while at boot camp. Does anyone know if glasses or contacts are approved? If so his mom needs to send him new contacts, and glasses since he just broke his. Will those be allowed to be shipped to Statesville? Also he is worried about the wait once he gets there. His lawyer told him it shouldn't be any longer than three weeks but from what I have been reading on the discussion boards it looks like it can be much longer. Any information to clarify some of this would really help me. His phone calls are making me worry about him more and more, and I am hoping that there are some answers I can give him. Thanks for everything!
Marks_guy
Support Staff

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 11:52:34 PM »

Wearing glasses should not exclude him from the program, so you can set your, and his, mind to rest on that. When he gets to receiving, he will be issued a pair of IDOC glasses. They are ugly, but functional. He won't be able to wear contacts because the cleaning solutions are not carried by commissary and cannot be mailed in.
Angela

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 01:45:30 PM »

I was just wondering a couple questions about the boot camp program. My boyfriend is currently waiting at the county to be transferred down to R&C, he was thinking he would be leaving last week but instead it is this week. He was worried about the physical exam that they must go through in order to qualify  for the boot camp. He was already approved by the judge but is worried about when he gets down there. He wears glasses is that okay? He also has contacts but was more nervous about maintaining supplies like contact solution while at boot camp. Does anyone know if glasses or contacts are approved? If so his mom needs to send him new contacts, and glasses since he just broke his. Will those be allowed to be shipped to Statesville? Also he is worried about the wait once he gets there. His lawyer told him it shouldn't be any longer than three weeks but from what I have been reading on the discussion boards it looks like it can be much longer. Any information to clarify some of this would really help me. His phone calls are making me worry about him more and more, and I am hoping that there are some answers I can give him. Thanks for everything!

Hello and Welcome to IPT. The Physical test they give all suspected BC goers is very intense and they see if a person can not only physically take it but mentally as well. If he is not lazy and can hold his own and follow the rules he should make it through the Program. No one is exactly the same as things change all the time. Keep checking the IDOC Inmate search for changes and sign of for Vine Notifications, this will tell you anytime he is moved through IDOC.

I wish the best for you and your LO. Good Luck .
Angela  wc71-1
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: