Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

PINCKNEYVILLE ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2014, 11:33:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my sons first visit...  (Read 752 times)
babyonway1225

« on: February 28, 2013, 12:37:24 AM »

So my son is to months old. His father has never met him and is dying to. I told him i would bring little mickey into see him once i got his birth certificate. I was informed that it would take three weeks to recieve it. I sent out he request form monday this week and recieved ot today. So im bring him in tomorrow to sheridan. Im so nervous and soooo anxious and excitdd and idont even know, all these emotions make me wanna cry lol. Im so syoked for my son to meet his father and im so excited to see his fathers face when he sees him. Has anyone ever gone through something familiar.?? Thanks for reading and listening. I needed to vent a good vent, my family doesnt understand and my friends try but they can never really get it. Sometimes it feels like no one understands what im going through, and then i think wait, IPT does :)  wc30

Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 07:27:03 AM »

I haven't gone through it, but would LOVE to see his face when he sees his son for the first time, it's going to be a happy sad time though, so be prepared.  I imagine your hormones are still all over the place, so know that you will be feeling all kinds of emotions and don't be too hard on yourself, it's all normal!  It's hard enough to visit and leave them, let alone on a situation like this!   wc30

Have a good visit and be happy!! 

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
snshess

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 09:10:13 AM »

Have a great visit and enjoy every moment. Agree with everything mah said. Your emotions will definitely be all over the place but let them. The moment will be priceless  wc30

MrsW

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 09:39:38 AM »

I'm so excited for you, congrats on your beautiful baby boy.. the ladies are right, so just go with it.. your emotions are going to be all over the place and so are his.. it's so nice to read about something wonderful.. and there's nothing more wonderful than a new life  wc6
cem31

His ONLY true love!!

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 10:22:35 AM »

Our situation was not with a newborn but I can certainly relate! My L/O had not seen or held his son since he was 1 1/2 yrs old (he's 5 now), had no contact with him at all bcuz of the mom, no one in the family did. I reached out to the child's mom and after 2 months finally heard back from her. We talked and with MUCH reluctance she agreed to let me take him to see his dad. That same night I surprised him with a call with his son, when he came on the line he expected it to be me but instead he heard his son's voice...he was in TEARS!!! Now this is a strong man in a place where tears are assumed to make you a weak person but he simply could not control himself, that was the BEST 30 minute call of his life!!! He said what made him break down was not only the fact that he was able to talk to his son, but that his son was talking in full sentences and was such a big boy now, the last time he was with him his son was just putting a few words together, half the time making no sense...lol.

On Dec 27 I took his son to see him for the 1st time in 3 1/2 yrs, he had tears in his eyes when he saw his son, his baby boy was his focus thru the whole visit! His son sat on his lap thru the entire visit and he was all smiles, would not let him go at all!!

Based on my experience I can tell you that it will be such a rewarding & emotional time for you all, a great bonding time that will stay with you always. Be prepared for tears, smiles, happiness...ALL of that!! Congrats on the birth of your son, have a great time at your visit and be sure to let us know how it went!!!

And make sure you read Sheridan's rules on what you can bring in with a baby, call the prison to verify ahead of time if you still have questions. I know at Logan they make you change the child's diaper in front of them and then you can take (I believe) up to 2 more diapers in with you, a bottle and (I believe) baby wipes. The IDOC site should tell you, it would be in Sheridan';s visiting guidelines.

BEST OF LUCK< ENJOY!!!!  wc6

The greatest thing in life is finding someone who knows all your mistakes and differences but still finds you Absolutely Amazing!!
babyonway1225

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 01:30:45 PM »

Our first visit this past Thursday was beyond amazing. Seeing our son in his dads arms was breath taking. Dad was sooooo nervous to hold the baby and still is we went yesterday and he so nervous still. But he'll get used to it. Thanks for all your support I appreciate it!

hisbaby

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 02:23:28 PM »

Very happy to hear that things went well...
me
Support Staff

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 05:07:04 PM »

So good to hear things went well.   wc1

\\\"Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.\\\"   1Corinthians 13:7
LMD

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 05:21:40 PM »

Even though he's away for a while you can still create priceless memories!  Congratulations on your amazing family reunion! wc6
Angela
Mod Squad

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 09:16:19 PM »

So Happy that things worked out for all of you    wc6 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: