Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

PINCKNEYVILLE ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING..
MENARD ON LOCKDOWN. NO VISITS ALLOWED.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 22, 2014, 01:02:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warrant in prison  (Read 2694 times)
kitana

« on: February 24, 2013, 06:23:22 PM »

He called me today to say he was served with a warrant in prison.

It was for a ticket he got in 2007 for not wearing a seat belt.

His mother has had this ticket in her purse but his older brother told her that by the time he gets out the statute of limitations would be up. So they decided that there was no reason to pay it.

Now there is a warrant. I am going to call tomorrow and see exactly what Texas says has to be done but I was hoping someone here would have an idea. My biggest worry is no one seems to have the money to pay it, or the interest anyway.

Anyway know what might happen then? He is in Illinois prison and the ticket in is Texas if that helps
pmilver

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 06:38:53 PM »

That really sucks!  : (  Sorry that happened.  Hope it can get resolved fairly easily.
DansDad

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 07:56:04 PM »

Need to call and find out what is owed and get it paid and then get a hold of da in Texas and most likly send a certified copy of payment by certified return reciept to get warrent lifted. Texas is the type of state if it isn't taken care of they will screw up his release. 
leighanns520

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 08:00:56 PM »

Can Texas even extradite for a seat belt ticket?
kitana

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 08:52:15 PM »

I am going to call tomorrow and hopefully get some answers. I tried to explain to them that it could mess up his release, but they all keep saying after 7 years the SOL is up. Well it might be, I don't know, but now that they have a warrant I don't think that counts anymore. They seem to think that he will be fine la dee da.
DansDad

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 10:09:45 PM »

By issueing warrent the time starts all over again.

Dan
Marks_guy
Support Staff

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 12:15:46 PM »

Call the prosecutor's office for the county it was issued in, and ask about having the warrant quashed. Since he is incarcerated in another state and it is based off a minor traffic violation, they may let it go if the fine is paid. But it needs to be taken care of because he can be held and sent to Texas instead of being released from IDOC.
Nichole

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 04:53:18 PM »

Bad news today. My LO was informed three weeks ago that there was a warrant for him out of our home county. He wrote the court asking the warrant to be dropped since it was for a failure to appear (because he was in DOC). I called the court house today and spoke to the circuit clerk and the States Att. and they tell me that since he is due to be released in less than two weeks that there's nothing they can do to have it dropped, and that they may or may not be there to pick him up once DOC releases him. I called his counselor and she basically told me the same thing. I also asked how will I know if they are going to pick him up or not (since I'm suppose to be there at 8:30am to get him) and she tells me to call the day of his "out date" after 8am to ask. They won't give me any more information. I live a hour and a half away. This is such BS and I have no idea what to do from here if anything. Anyone have any advice? Would it do any good to speak to the public defender? How can I find out who his parole officer is gonna be?   wc14

Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 05:49:48 PM »

I am not sure what the warrant is for and you don't have to tell us, but it all depends on the county if they want to put out the $$$ and time to come and get him, keeping him confined and then prosecuting him and I don't think anyone will tell you that, you would just have to be there that morning to see what happens. 

As far as his PO, if he is paroling to your home, you may get a visit from his PO before he is to get out or a call, or you could call the 800 Parole # to see what you can find out.

Good Luck, I hope you get this all worked out, I can't imagine after all this time waiting and now this, sorry   wc30

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: