Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2014, 05:36:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What info on receiver is needed?  (Read 2199 times)
cem31

His ONLY true love!!

« on: February 20, 2013, 09:25:44 AM »

When requesting an Intersatate Compact Agreeement what info is needed on the receiver (the person the inmate will live with), do they request a criminal background check? If so on what level...state? Federal? If the receiver has a really old conviction for an unrelated offense would that cause an issue? Thx for any info or help

The greatest thing in life is finding someone who knows all your mistakes and differences but still finds you Absolutely Amazing!!
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 09:57:29 AM »

cem31, you can read through the whole Agreement here:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/pdf/ICAOSRules.pdf

Also, if you have specific questions, Michelle Buscher in Springfield and ask specific questions:

Michelle Buscher
Commissioner
Illinois Interstate Compact Unit
217/522-4461

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
Marks_guy
Support Staff

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 10:00:34 AM »

Our member katherineb also posted this great step-by-step. It's a great jumping off point.

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=27860.0
cem31

His ONLY true love!!

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 11:00:06 AM »

I read through all that before I posted my question, didn't find what I was looking for. I was hoping to get an answer from someone who went thru the process, I will keep researching. Thanks for the responses

The greatest thing in life is finding someone who knows all your mistakes and differences but still finds you Absolutely Amazing!!
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 11:07:45 AM »

Have you tried calling the receiving state and ask their requirements?

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
cem31

His ONLY true love!!

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 11:15:48 AM »

Have you tried calling the receiving state and ask their requirements?

We have not gotten that far as to know what state we are going to yet, I am just collecting information to get a better understanding of the process for when that time comes. We are currently under appeal so that is what we are relying on at this point, the ICA is a backup plan incase we lose the appeal

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: