• August 17, 2017, 10:29:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: What info on receiver is needed?  (Read 4917 times)

Offline cem31

What info on receiver is needed?
« on: February 20, 2013, 08:25:44 AM »
When requesting an Intersatate Compact Agreeement what info is needed on the receiver (the person the inmate will live with), do they request a criminal background check? If so on what level...state? Federal? If the receiver has a really old conviction for an unrelated offense would that cause an issue? Thx for any info or help

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: What info on receiver is needed?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 08:57:29 AM »
cem31, you can read through the whole Agreement here:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/pdf/ICAOSRules.pdf

Also, if you have specific questions, Michelle Buscher in Springfield and ask specific questions:

Michelle Buscher
Commissioner
Illinois Interstate Compact Unit
217/522-4461
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 09:00:34 AM »
Our member katherineb also posted this great step-by-step. It's a great jumping off point.

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=27860.0

Offline cem31

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:00:06 AM »
I read through all that before I posted my question, didn't find what I was looking for. I was hoping to get an answer from someone who went thru the process, I will keep researching. Thanks for the responses

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 10:07:45 AM »
Have you tried calling the receiving state and ask their requirements?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline cem31

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 10:15:48 AM »
Have you tried calling the receiving state and ask their requirements?

We have not gotten that far as to know what state we are going to yet, I am just collecting information to get a better understanding of the process for when that time comes. We are currently under appeal so that is what we are relying on at this point, the ICA is a backup plan incase we lose the appeal