Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 30, 2014, 10:57:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Transfer for my fiance!!  (Read 4985 times)
Melly0309

.:For longer than forever:.

« on: February 15, 2013, 07:25:25 PM »

Hello everyone!! So I have a question. My fiance is in Lawrence and put in a transfer to Dixon. I was just on a vivit wth him yesterday (BEST VISIT EVER) and he told me that Lawrence approved him for his transfer to Dixon, but he has to wait for sprinfield to approve him. My question is, is there anything I can do to help that approval? Like call springfield or something??...Please let me know what I can do! Thank you! :)

Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 07:49:49 PM »

Hello everyone!! So I have a question. My fiance is in Lawrence and put in a transfer to Dixon. I was just on a vivit wth him yesterday (BEST VISIT EVER) and he told me that Lawrence approved him for his transfer to Dixon, but he has to wait for sprinfield to approve him. My question is, is there anything I can do to help that approval? Like call springfield or something??...Please let me know what I can do! Thank you! :)

What you can do is leave it alone and don't call anyone, let your inmate handle it all from the inside.

Hope his transfer goes through, but because of the overcrowding in IDOC right now, don't be surprised if he is denied. 

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
Melly0309

.:For longer than forever:.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 10:18:12 PM »

wow the way that was put was real negative. But ok thanks anyways

Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 10:23:10 PM »

It's called the truth.  Springfield has stopped most all transfers because of all the prisons closing and overcrowding,  most guys who put in are told by Springfield that they are properly placed.

Like I said, I hope in your LO's case, his goes through.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
BobNBecka

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 02:20:38 PM »

Springfield only stopped all "violent inmates" from transferring.  My hubby applied for a transfer from a medium to a minimum security joint, around Thanksgiving.  He was just approve by Springfield Feb 20th.  And waiting to go, Springfield gave them the OK.  It takes time, no need to call anyone...it's just a waiting game.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 02:47:58 PM »

It used to be that Springfield only allowed transfers down from one prison to another.  Maximum to Medium - Medium to Minimum and on occasion allowed lateral transfers for class/program issues.  Because they are so overcrowded, at one point they stopped all transfers too.

Glad your husband was granted, hope he moves soon, but I don't think it is only violent inmates that have been denied.  We have many members here on IPT, who's LO's have been denied and told they are placed correctly, and their inmates are not considered violent.

It is a waiting game and the waits can be long now because of the mess IDOC is in.

nikkibaby26

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 03:44:13 PM »

wow the way that was put was real negative. But ok thanks anyways

she wasnt trying to be negative. all of us have learned not to get our hopes too high up. just beause your l/o was told something doesnt mean it is always true. but best of luck to you and your loved one

“When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you... When I met you, I was afraid to kiss you... When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you... Now that I love you, I'm afraid to lose you.”
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: