Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2014, 04:22:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bootcamp Question  (Read 1296 times)
DiamondJ

« on: January 17, 2013, 02:28:12 PM »

Okay My Boyfriend Just Arrived To DuQuoin Bootcamp After Doing 5 Months In The County 2 Months In Joliet & A Month In Logan ... I Know I Cant Talk To Him For 30 Days But Can I Write Him ? Will They Give It To Him ? And Also The Picture They Put Up Of Him Makes Me Wanna Cry , It Looks Like They Use A Meat Cutter To Cut His Hair Off , He Looks Like He Has Scratches ... Idk If He's Okay Or Not .. I Am A Emotional Reck Can Somebody Please Answer My Questions.. Thank
me
Support Staff

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 04:32:28 PM »

Here is the link for information about boot camp.  Our moderator "Angela" will probably be along shortly and can help answer any questions you have about Boot Camp after reading through the boards on the link below. 

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?board=35.0

\\\"Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.\\\"   1Corinthians 13:7
Angela

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 09:50:15 PM »

Okay My Boyfriend Just Arrived To DuQuoin Bootcamp After Doing 5 Months In The County 2 Months In Joliet & A Month In Logan ... I Know I Cant Talk To Him For 30 Days But Can I Write Him ? Will They Give It To Him ? And Also The Picture They Put Up Of Him Makes Me Wanna Cry , It Looks Like They Use A Meat Cutter To Cut His Hair Off , He Looks Like He Has Scratches ... Idk If He's Okay Or Not .. I Am A Emotional Reck Can Somebody Please Answer My Questions.. Thank

wc30  Diamondj.... Don't worry your LO is safe and nothing bad is going to happen to him.Take a Deep Breath and Remember IDOC is responsible for our LO's! All their pictures going into BC are hard to look at, They are usually deprived of sleep ( nervous about going). 

You will get a call after he is 30 days in. He is now what they call in his Ghost period (this is where they let them know who is the boss).You will get a half page letter telling you that he has made it and how sorry he is for everything. You will be able to visit after 60 days. These are scheduled visits and he has to do it, he will let you know the dates (it's either on  Sat. or Sun.).

If you haven't done so yet please check out the Ten Steps to entering IDOC. It will give you valuable information.

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=1513.0

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help make your Journey easier. We are like a Big Family  here on IPT and everyone tires to help each other out.

Blessings.
Angela  wc71-1
barbp

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 12:41:13 PM »

My son is at Statesville waiting judge recommended boot camp.  he says that the prison has not put him on the bootcamp list as of yet.  how long does that take?
Angela

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 06:02:08 PM »

My son is at Statesville waiting judge recommended boot camp.  he says that the prison has not put him on the bootcamp list as of yet.  how long does that take?

Hello and  wc12  to IPT barbp....  There is no set time as to how long a LO will wait for BC. While in R & C they are screened to see if they are capable of entering into the BC Program. It is looking like it could take anywhere from 61 to 120 days of waiting to get into the program. Sorry that you and your Lo are going through this, but know at the end it is very rewarding when you see them graduate from the Program.

Prayers going to you and your Family.

Angela  wc71-1
krstlcmpbll

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 08:01:19 PM »

My son is at Statesville waiting judge recommended boot camp.  he says that the prison has not put him on the bootcamp list as of yet.  how long does that take?

My bf cousin just got transferred to Duquion last Tuesday (19th) and he was in R&C since 12/7/12. Hope that helps a little bit.
mismybro

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 04:00:36 PM »

Hello everyone my brother has been in stateville since Jan2013 he was recommended for boot camp he's anxiously waiting and asking if we can call and find out what's wrong...can someone please give me some insight on this...I miss him so much😢
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 04:20:16 PM »

Hello everyone my brother has been in stateville since Jan2013 he was recommended for boot camp he's anxiously waiting and asking if we can call and find out what's wrong...can someone please give me some insight on this...I miss him so much😢

Call this #217-558-2200 and ask for the BootCamp Coordinator, I believe his name is Bob and he may be able to tell you when your brother maybe moved. 

During the summer it was taking 120 days for one to be moved from R&C to camp.  There are only two camps and many inmates waiting to get in.  Good Luck to your brother, hope he gets moved soon.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
mismybro

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 01:53:02 PM »

Thanks I will call on Monday
Angela

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 08:43:18 PM »

wc12 To IPT mismybro.

Just give a shout out if you have any questions.

wc71-1
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: