• December 12, 2018, 11:04:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 267836 times)

Offline humbird37

Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2013, 08:04:54 PM »
The first time I put money on the phone with Securus....I was charged 7.95, but that was the only time I have been charged that....I have put money on since, and I have not been charged anything.
Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!

Offline lovinhim11

• lovin my man
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2013, 08:24:39 PM »
I have been trying to add money tonight  and keeps telling they can not process at this time. My l/o is i Robinson anyone else having problems?

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2013, 08:34:05 PM »
 :wc38:  Humbird, the person I talked to was not very clear on that 7.95

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2013, 04:32:36 PM »
Received my refund check today.  Not as much as I thought it should be by $4.  Sent e-mail requesting refund on Jan. 5th

Offline humbird37

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2013, 07:50:59 PM »
I got my refund today too....I believe mine is about $25.00 short....but try and prove it. I get so tired of trying to get "people" to do the right thing! Oh well....and so it goes.

Offline babyonway1225

« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2013, 10:32:41 PM »
Is there a way to prove how much you have on your account besides calling, is there a way to get a hard copy.??

Offline humbird37

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2013, 08:58:11 AM »
I don't know...but after thinking it over, I remember telling my son we had better try to use up what is on Consolidated because I didn't know at the time how the refund would go, so possibly he called more then I realized. I am just going to let it go....thanks for the input though.

Offline cem31

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2013, 09:55:32 AM »
If you call CCPS and ask for a readout they will send u one, be sure to state how many months or weeks u want it back to. They do have a cut off time, for instance calls made after Jan 15 they would have to wait till Feb 1 to provide the readout. I've gotten them in the past with no problem

Offline brezzie

• Heavy Love Load
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2013, 06:23:05 AM »

My Husband had wrote a note to his counselor asking about the change from CCPS to Secure and The same thing that's on IDOC website is what he sent to my Husband. So the counselor don't even know.

This like a waiting game.

Brezzie :wc72:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2013, 08:39:49 AM »
Securus has until March 31, 2013 to complete all their work and totally take over each prison's phone service.  

They started with Big Muddy and will continue until each prison is hooked to their new service.  Everyone just has to wait until their LO's prison is hooked up and at that time, you can open your account for the change!

In their original contract, there is an Addendum allowing them six months extra time to complete their work from the date of their original contract, which is the March 31, 2013 date.  In time every prison will be switched over!

Thanks TSS!

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline cem31

« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2013, 10:10:49 AM »
I just called Securus to set up my new account, they gave me an estimated date of when Lincoln will be switched over (Feb 4) and Logan (Feb 11). Setting up the account was pain free, and I was told my calls from those 2 facilities will be $4.68 per call ($4.10 + .58 cent tax). They could not tell me how long each call will be, said I would find that out when I get my 1st call (ummm, ok). Direct bill requires a credit check, or you can do prepay. If you mail in your payment or send it thru your bank (7-10 day processing time) you won't pay the $7.95 fee each time you load funds, if you pay by phone or online with credit/debit it's $7.95 each time you load funds on a prepay account. Hope this info helps =)

Offline snshess

« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2013, 08:05:29 AM »
Very high fee to add funds compared to $3 and I sure hope that is for 30 minutes or else their prices are higher then ccs and that would just be wrong for all of us.  I mean most of us are struggling now.  I sure hope this switch is for the better.

Offline krstlcmpbll

« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2013, 09:03:42 AM »
I just called to find out an estimated day for the switch at Graham and they told me it was February 25th.  Very helpful too.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2013, 09:16:24 AM »
I think we need to start a topic just for the *estimated* switch dates, watch for it on this board.  It will be a locked board, which I will update as people post in this topic, with one post listing *estimated dates*.

I will add dates as we get them.

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=29389.0

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2013, 04:52:35 PM »
I just called Securus to set up my new account, they gave me an estimated date of when Lincoln will be switched over (Feb 4) and Logan (Feb 11). Setting up the account was pain free, and I was told my calls from those 2 facilities will be $4.68 per call ($4.10 + .58 cent tax). They could not tell me how long each call will be, said I would find that out when I get my 1st call (ummm, ok). Direct bill requires a credit check, or you can do prepay. If you mail in your payment or send it thru your bank (7-10 day processing time) you won't pay the $7.95 fee each time you load funds, if you pay by phone or online with credit/debit it's $7.95 each time you load funds on a prepay account. Hope this info helps =)

Thanks for the info on Logan and Lincoln!  

I just called to set up my account and was told that the calls are only for 20 minutes.  (not happy about that:(  )   :wc5:

Offline cem31

« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2013, 08:20:36 PM »

Thanks for the info on Logan and Lincoln!  

I just called to set up my account and was told that the calls are only for 20 minutes.  (not happy about that:(  )   :wc5:

20 minutes??!! Yea not happy about that at all but I guess it's better than nothing =/. I talked to 2 ppl and neither could give me a time frame on the calls, I will wait til I get the 1st call to see if the 20 minute thing is true =)

Offline Dreamsicle

« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2013, 09:15:59 AM »

I got charged $7.95 several times each times I made a payment.  This seems very excessive.  I know Consolidated only charges $3.00.  I've actually asked some questions about this new company Securus and they are NOT suppose to be charging any kind of fees.  I can't keep paying the $7.95 each time I want to talk to my loved one.  This is ridiculous!

Offline humbird37

« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2013, 09:26:08 AM »
Call them.....I was only charged that the first time!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2013, 09:30:19 AM »
This is straight from Securus website in regards to payments. There seems to be ways to AVOID the $7.95, you just must use one of them!

INMATE DEBIT TERMS, CONDITIONS & FEES

* When you fund online; there is no minimum payment if you mail us a check using a remittance slip. A payment processing fee of up to $7.95 for credit/debit card payments made over the phone or on the web may apply. A payment processing fee may also apply at MoneyGram. This fee does not apply to payments made by mail. When you fund an Inmate Debit account, the funds become property of the inmate. You will not be able to request a refund from an Inmate Debit account.”

ADVANCE CONNECT TERMS, CONDITIONS & FEES

* When you call or log on; there is no minimum payment if you mail us a check or use your online banking service through your local bank. A payment processing fee of up to $7.95 for credit/debit card payments made over the phone or on the web may apply. This fee does not apply to payments made by mail, or using your online banking service through your bank. There is no minimum funding amount if you go to Western Union and MoneyGram; however, a payment processing fee may also apply. Please note that the balance in your Account may not reflect recent call activity. Due to our call processing cycles, it is possible to spend more than the total amount of funds in your Account. Please monitor your Account balance and use Rate-My-Calls so you know how much each call costs to ensure you don’t spend more than you intend to, as you will be responsible for payment of any balance due on your Account. You have 180 days from the date of the last call received to request a refund of any unused balance in your Account. For Alaska residents, there is an exception to that closing and refund policy.

If you receive and accept state-to-state or international calls, you may also be charged a Federal Regulatory Recovery Fee of $3.49.

You may add multiple phone numbers to your Account to ensure you can be reached wherever you are. If you add one or more cell phone numbers to your Account, you may be charged a monthly Wireless Administration Fee of up to $2.99.

DIRECT BILL TERMS, CONDITIONS & FEES

A monthly bill processing charge of up to $2.49 may apply. Verification of ownership of the phone number, including corresponding physical address, may be required in place of a credit check.

A payment processing fee of up to $7.95 for credit/debit card payments made to Securus Correctional Billing Services (SCBS) over the phone or on the web may apply. This fee does not apply to payments made by mail or by using your online banking service through your bank. A payment processing fee may also apply for payments made through Western Union and MoneyGram.

There is no minimum payment amount for payments made through SCBS. Your bill must be paid in full by the due date in order to continue receiving calls.

If you receive and accept state-to-state or international calls, you may also be charged a Federal Regulatory Recovery Fee of $3.49.

Alaska Residents: No credit check is required for Direct Bill Accounts

TRADITIONAL COLLECT TERMS, CONDITIONS & FEES

With this option, you are assigned a 90-day rolling spending limit for your Traditional Collect account, and are subject to more rigorous controls. Each time you accept a collect call from an inmate, the charges are deducted from your available spending limit, and we submit those charges to your local telephone company to add to your local telephone bill. If you reach or exceed your spending limit during any rolling 90-day period, your Traditional Collect account will be temporarily blocked from receiving additional inmate calls. As the charges roll off and your balance drops back below the 90-day rolling spending limit, your account will be unblocked and you will be able to accept additional inmate calls up to the spending limit. Should you wish to receive inmate calls prior to waiting for your Traditional Collect account to be unblocked, you can contact us to establish an AdvanceConnect or Direct Bill account.

* A monthly bill statement fee of up to $3.49 may apply and will appear on your local phone bill. No fee will be assessed in any month in which no collect calls were accepted.

http://www.securustech.net/paymentoptions.asp

Offline ace2011

« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2013, 02:16:06 PM »
Has Centralia CC been switched yet??