• October 15, 2018, 04:02:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 260149 times)

Offline jaf

Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #640 on: August 23, 2018, 11:27:20 PM »
The reason it can't keep up is because there are selfish peoe who get on the phone and make calls back to back and don't give the others a chance to use the phone and the guards are too lazy to do anything about it

Yes, that is happening more, too. I hope something happens to change it.

Offline Sunflwrs

« Reply #641 on: August 26, 2018, 12:36:00 AM »

In menard north house there are guys playing top keep the phone all day. So guess who don't have the money can't call thier loved one where it is a penny a minute. Selfish. I tell my LO 30 minutes is good unless everyone had used the phone. I dont encourage my guy to be selfish. We are all suffering in this life, no reason to create more!!!

The reason it can't keep up is because there are selfish peoe who get on the phone and make calls back to back and don't give the others a chance to use the phone and the guards are too lazy to do anything about it

Yes, that is happening more, too. I hope something happens to change it.

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #642 on: September 01, 2018, 03:48:38 AM »
My husband makes 4 calls a day if no one is in line of the morning he calls twice. Alot of the young guys don't like to get up and others are at work/school. Then he calls once in the afternoon and skips Chow to call in the evening occasionally if phone is empty he will make additional calls but if we are on our 2 or 3rd call and someone who hasn't been on the phone comes up he will say baby let me call ya back later there some guys need to use the phone. Now if it is someone who tends to be selfish about the phones he will stay on the call. He has been in 18 years is not affiliated in any way but gets mad respect from anyone in there. Therefore he returns the respect but if he sees them punk kids trying to hold the phones or call back to back to back when people are in line he will make sure someone else gets the phone
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline Sunflwrs

« Reply #643 on: September 01, 2018, 09:15:09 PM »

See your guy is respectful!! I would live to get that meant calls,  use to because no one called out, but there are selfish guys and since LO who are not considerate.
So now I just di video visits to have a conversation with my husband. I doubt like too, cost me soooooo much,  but this what I have to do to maintain a relationship.
 :wc94:

My husband makes 4 calls a day if no one is in line of the morning he calls twice. Alot of the young guys don't like to get up and others are at work/school. Then he calls once in the afternoon and skips Chow to call in the evening occasionally if phone is empty he will make additional calls but if we are on our 2 or 3rd call and someone who hasn't been on the phone comes up he will say baby let me call ya back later there some guys need to use the phone. Now if it is someone who tends to be selfish about the phones he will stay on the call. He has been in 18 years is not affiliated in any way but gets mad respect from anyone in there. Therefore he returns the respect but if he sees them punk kids trying to hold the phones or call back to back to back when people are in line he will make sure someone else gets the phone

Offline Sizz

« Reply #644 on: September 13, 2018, 11:39:59 AM »
 Can someone please tell me if your Securus rates went up today?? Mine went from .27 for 30 mins to $6.90 for 30 mins!! I called them but they were so not helpful at all :wc17:

Thanks,
                                                                                                                  Sizz :wc71-1:

Offline bquinonez

• Its me "B"
« Reply #645 on: September 13, 2018, 07:28:06 PM »
I just checked history on my account and Iím still getting charge 0.01 per min. My rate has not gone up.
If you check the rate calculator it gives you a different rate.
Two Hearts One Love

Offline lilibethmaclean

« Reply #646 on: September 25, 2018, 05:58:03 PM »
I also just checked my account and it is $0.01/min. 

Offline meangene

« Reply #647 on: September 27, 2018, 10:54:49 PM »
 :wc45: When my son was at Taylorville, he had to put his name on a list for a time slot to call.  If I did not answer he had to move on and let the next guy on the list use the phone.  Seemed to be an orderly process.

Offline Nemdf

« Reply #648 on: September 28, 2018, 07:52:07 AM »
We are also being charged $.01/minute.  We are out of state.  Don't know whether that has anything to do with it?

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #649 on: September 29, 2018, 03:27:25 PM »
was he at his parents institution? If was on a writ and was at a county or city jail they still cost that much
 Can someone please tell me if your Securus rates went up today?? Mine went from .27 for 30 mins to $6.90 for 30 mins!! I called them but they were so not helpful at all :wc17:

Thanks,
                                                                                                                  Sizz :wc71-1:
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋