• December 18, 2018, 06:15:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 268832 times)

Offline chantygirl

Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2013, 10:18:26 AM »
The thing is....it cost my son $9.95 to put money on the phone, it cost my granddaughter $ 7.95. They both live just about 30 miles further from Il. The telephone calls themselves seem to be cheaper...another call from my son yesterday, we talked less  the day before, and the charge was the same, $5.15. I can't seem to find out the time allowed for calls. :wc14:

It appears that they have a set price for all calls.  I did a check on times.  The price didn't change for the calls when putting in 5,10,15,20,or 30 minutes for the time.

Offline jaf

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2013, 01:04:02 PM »
But don't forget that someone posted the other day that the prison or the state could also add charges to that,  and I suppose they will.

Offline humbird37

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2013, 05:20:03 PM »
Thanks for the info. Chanty, that's good to know. Jaf, so far they haven't added anything extra on.
Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!

Offline wildgranny

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2013, 03:26:03 PM »
Well I would think they would let us know or the prisons know. My son said there is just talk about it. I hope meybe he will be out before it starts. I don't know why they need to change and soulds like it could be more expensive, they get enough out of everyon now. What has happen on the early release tht Quinn sighned and noone has heard anything and drag their feet and more prisonors are being put in the prisons. Anyone hears anything elso post it ok. Can send me a PM if they know something.
Wildgranny.

Offline JasCooper12

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2013, 10:40:31 PM »
Hello IPT.. On the phone service topic I'm kind of confused. Since before and after the 3rd of January
I've put $ on my account and that was with Consilidated Services; & I've still been able to talk. Does it matter which service we use? Will my fiancé still beable to get through if I continue with Consilidated? Please respond if possible;Thanks
Mrs. Cooper

Offline lori491999

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2013, 10:46:25 PM »
I think most facilities are still using consolidated, so until your specific facility switches over to Securus, Consolidated is the one that you need to be using.  Once the switch occurs, I'm sure we will have to set up new accounts with Securus.  From what I've seen (read) so far I think Big Muddy is the only facility that has changed over.  Maybe some of the members from BMR can tell us exactly what will happen!

Offline brezzie

• Heavy Love Load
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2013, 10:29:08 AM »
Yesterday I spoke to my husband and he has spoken to his counselor and his response is that they don't know . He said they are waiting to hear the information of how and when this will take place at Western.

So we have to play the waiting game and check IDOC website on a regularly.

Brezzie, :wc72:

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2013, 10:57:46 AM »
I just talked to my l/o today from Menard.  He knew nothing about the prisons even switching to Securus, but, then again he also knew nothing of a new warden haha.

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2013, 01:05:25 PM »
My son was able to make a one minute phone call to me free.  I then stayed on the line like the msg. said to.  I then set up my billing and he was able to call back. He waited one hour to call back and it went through without any problems.  He is at BMR.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2013, 06:41:15 AM »
Are there some new facilities for IDOC listed on this list now, ready to set up accounts??  That is besides BMR .... please let us know

http://weblink.securustech.net/CreateAccount/Default.aspx

I think I am seeing these prisons:

IL DOC BIG MUDDY RIVER CORR CENTER   251 N ILLINOIS HWY 37   INA   IL   62846
Select   IL DOC CENTRALIA CORRECTIONAL CENTER   9330 SHATTUC RD   CENTRALIA   IL   62801
Select   IL DOC DANVILLE CORRECTIONAL FACILITY   3820 E MAIN ST   DANVILLE   IL   61834
Select   IL DOC DECATUR CORR CENTER   2310 E MOUND RD   DECATUR   IL   62524
Select   IL DOC DIXON SPRINGS IMPACT INCARCERATION   979 STATE HWY 146 W   GOLCONDA   IL   62938
Select   IL DOC DWIGHT CORRECTION   RT 17   DWIGHT   IL   60420
Select   IL DOC EAST MOLINE CORR CENTER   100 HILLCREST   EAST MOLINE   IL   61244
Select   IL DOC GRAHAM CORRECTIONAL   RTE 185 S   HILLSBORO   IL   62049
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline snshess

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2013, 07:32:58 AM »
EMCC is still currently using consolidated and they haven't heard anything about a change yet according to my husband.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2013, 07:38:11 AM »
I am reposting this information from IDOC website, I would watch for this new 866# to come through on caller ID.

Beginning January 3, 2013, IDOC will begin transferring inmate phone service from Consolidated Public Services to Securus Technologies.  This conversion will begin with Big Muddy Correctional Center.

On the new system, the following number will display for Caller ID: 1-866-718-4777

Securus Correctional Billing Services (CBS) at: 1-800-844-6591

For more information visit www.securustech.net
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline ldurbin33

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2013, 08:55:10 AM »
When I spoke to my L/O who is at Decatur Correctional, she said that they haven't put in any new phones and they hadn't been told about the new phone company. I don't know if I should put money on her phone for Consolidated or the new new company. Please advise!
 :wc38:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2013, 09:00:43 AM »
When I spoke to my L/O who is at Decatur Correctional, she said that they haven't put in any new phones and they hadn't been told about the new phone company. I don't know if I should put money on her phone for Consolidated or the new new company. Please advise!
 :wc38:

This is what we know, the total changeover has to be done by March, so, not knowing how long this whole thing will be done, I would not overdo putting money on the Consolidated account.

Might I ask the people who have already switched from BMR to help us here, what is the procedure, is Consolidated transferring any funds you have left to Securus, of issuing you checks back on the balances you have left?

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2013, 09:42:08 AM »
When I was told that BMR was installing new phones I did this:
E-mailed Consolidated to check on the service at BMR, was told they are still the service company at this time.  If I still would like my refund on the accounts to let them know.
2 days later I received the one minute call from BMR, Securus company. I stayed on the line and set up my account with them.
I replied to Consolidated e-mail answer that yes I want my refund plus the taxes they took out that I did not use.  Their reply is: refund is in process, approx. 45 days I should receive a refund check.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2013, 10:07:56 AM »
Thank you jdmit ...

for those wondering what to do and not knowing when the switch will be made at the prison your LO is at to Secrus,  IMO  ... only put on what you can afford for calls right now with Consolidated, knowing that IF the switch is made, you are going to have to wait up to 45 days for any refunds.  Again they have till March to complete everything!

Offline veracity

« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2013, 11:27:40 AM »

None of us ever get 45 days to pay what we owe and if we did we'd be charged a late fee and interest.

a 45 day wait is outrageous!

Offline humbird37

« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2013, 02:42:39 PM »
JDMLT, I was told the same, and I also emailed them. 45 days does seem a bit long, but I am thankful it is being sent at all....
Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!

Offline Sizz

« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2013, 04:05:52 PM »
 :wc13:

No new phones at Graham yet and still on CCPS. Will the inmates be informed beforehand? At BMR were they given any notice as to when it would change there?

Change is always stressful when you do not have all the information eh  :wc96:

:wc71-1:
                                                                                  Sizz

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2013, 04:58:47 PM »
My son didn't say they were given warning, just that one day they were replacing the phones in his building.  Also with Securus..you can add several numbers to your account but yes, it's 7.95 each time to add money.  I use to get charged 3.00 on each line with Consolidated if I did it on the computer.