• December 18, 2018, 05:33:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 268823 times)

Offline DarkCloud

Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #580 on: November 20, 2013, 10:22:55 AM »
Did anyone have problems accepting calls from their l/o last nite? Every time I would hit 1 to accept the call it would just end the call. This happened 9 times. I called to make sure I still had money on my account, and yes I do
I didn't but his Mum told me she had problems accepting the call because of the same reasons. She thought it was her phone handset.

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
« Reply #581 on: November 20, 2013, 10:51:45 AM »
Not sure where your l/o are, but we have been experiencing phone issues, at Vandalia. Everytime we get a call, we press 1, it goes through,  but the line is messed up that it takes a few seconds/minutes and alot of hello. and finally can u hear me now? that's what our end hears.
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline Spydergurl2019

« Reply #582 on: November 20, 2013, 11:02:41 AM »
He's in Dixon. Good thing for you yours did go through. As soon as I hit the 1 button it just ended the call. I couldn't even get my nitely I love u.  :wc17:

Offline Amanda.Marks

• Waiting... <3
  • He is my forever....
« Reply #583 on: November 20, 2013, 12:24:37 PM »
Is anyone else having trouble checking the balance of the phone or adding money online with Securus? That is the way I usually do it because it's so quick, but the last couple weeks it hasn't been working, and i keep waiting for it to fix. has anyone else experienced this?
The thought of being with you tomorrow, gives me the strength to go on today.

Offline Spydergurl2019

« Reply #584 on: November 20, 2013, 12:58:05 PM »
I always add by phone because it would always give me problems trying to do it online.  I haven't had any problems doing by phone

Offline cem31

« Reply #585 on: November 20, 2013, 09:04:04 PM »
I went on the Securus site to do a call estimate, and no matter what area code I put in (even other states) it gave me the same rate for Lincoln CC. Has anyone had issues with the cost calculator? Or am I missing something? Lol

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #586 on: November 20, 2013, 10:12:32 PM »
Hmm... I don't know.  I checked Lincoln, and it says $3.55.  Is that the number you're getting?

Offline DarkCloud

« Reply #587 on: November 20, 2013, 10:30:18 PM »
I went on the Securus site to do a call estimate, and no matter what area code I put in (even other states) it gave me the same rate for Lincoln CC. Has anyone had issues with the cost calculator? Or am I missing something? Lol
It will give you $3.55 as the quote but this does not include fees and taxes. If you read back a few posts you will see that different people pay different amounts depending on the facility.

Offline cem31

« Reply #588 on: November 20, 2013, 10:53:12 PM »
It will give you $3.55 as the quote but this does not include fees and taxes. If you read back a few posts you will see that different people pay different amounts depending on the facility.

I tried with a Florida area code & a CA area code, it still said $3.55 for a 30 minute call, there is no possible way that can be accurate unless they are charging a flat rate of $3.55 from anywhere in the US

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #589 on: November 21, 2013, 06:48:10 AM »

I tried with a Florida area code & a CA area code, it still said $3.55 for a 30 minute call, there is no possible way that can be accurate unless they are charging a flat rate of $3.55 from anywhere in the US

Yes, I think they are charging a flat rate now, after the Federal Government got on these companies about inmate phone calls.  The article about this should be here on IPT.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline cem31

« Reply #590 on: November 21, 2013, 08:54:13 AM »

I ried with a Florida area code & a CA area code, it still said $3.55 for a 30 minute call, there is no possible way that can be accurate unless they are charging a flat rate of $3.55 from anywhere in the US

Yes, I think they are charging a flat rate now, after the Federal Government got on these companies about inmate phone calls.  The article about this should be here on IPT.

I did read the articles, and based on the .21 & .25 rates mentioned it still doesn't add up. I will just call Securus directly and do a search to find the answer. If that gets me no results then the next step is to set up a phone where I'm relocating to and check the rate after my husband calls. Thx for ur responses

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #591 on: November 21, 2013, 09:32:08 AM »

I ried with a Florida area code & a CA area code, it still said $3.55 for a 30 minute call, there is no possible way that can be accurate unless they are charging a flat rate of $3.55 from anywhere in the US

Yes, I think they are charging a flat rate now, after the Federal Government got on these companies about inmate phone calls.  The article about this should be here on IPT.

I did read the articles, and based on the .21 & .25 rates mentioned it still doesn't add up. I will just call Securus directly and do a search to find the answer. If that gets me no results then the next step is to set up a phone where I'm relocating to and check the rate after my husband calls. Thx for ur responses

IDOC and Securus could have struck a new deal in their contract to keep their rates at $3.55 and the tax will make the difference.   I wish I had all the $$ back from what I spent of over $10 per call :(
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #592 on: November 21, 2013, 10:07:41 AM »

i

IDOC and Securus could have struck a new deal in their contract to keep their rates at $3.55 and the tax will make the difference.   I wish I had all the $$ back from what I spent of over $10 per call :(

Your so right about that Mah! The amount I spend with Securus,is nothing compared to what I spend with consolidated!

Offline humbird37

« Reply #593 on: November 21, 2013, 08:25:53 PM »
Securus still charges me $4.46 for each call! Still so much better then Consolidated was!
Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
« Reply #594 on: November 21, 2013, 10:15:48 PM »
humbird, I still get charged $4.47 mine never went down either.
But 100% better than consolidated

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #595 on: November 21, 2013, 10:22:00 PM »
$4.47 is with the tax I believe ... base is $3.55 and the rest is tax.

Offline brezzie

• Heavy Love Load
« Reply #596 on: November 22, 2013, 05:54:53 PM »
Hello this Brezzie I been very sick going through a lot but every week we get discounted now their excuse is we have a cordless phone  they don't give refunds for that only give refunds with a regular dial phone. Is ther anything that can be done cecause most people now days have cordless phones I thought. :wc5:

Brezzie

Offline cswelker

« Reply #597 on: November 23, 2013, 09:47:28 AM »
warning about secures phone company...I opened my account on the 13th and I hadn't talked to my l/o in 4 months and was new to the phone company not sure how much to put on the account ect...they blocked my debit card my only debit card was blocked so I couldn't put anymore money on my l/o account for a week...I had to go buy a moneycard from walmart..secures told me I was adding money to often so there computer froze my card but other than that I am really impressed..just what the families need is a break with the high phone bills from our l/o's.

Offline Coltsgrammie

« Reply #598 on: November 29, 2013, 11:39:46 AM »
warning about secures phone company...I opened my account on the 13th and I hadn't talked to my l/o in 4 months and was new to the phone company not sure how much to put on the account ect...they blocked my debit card my only debit card was blocked so I couldn't put anymore money on my l/o account for a week...I had to go buy a moneycard from walmart..secures told me I was adding money to often so there computer froze my card but other than that I am really impressed..just what the families need is a break with the high phone bills from our l/o's.

Good to know about adding funds so much! I add when my account is down to 6 calls..which can be every 3 days depending on how many times my L/O calls..Thanks for the heads up!  Traci

Offline MissAndrea

« Reply #599 on: December 20, 2013, 03:45:48 PM »
Also, Securus only allows 3 transactions in a 24 hour period. I made the silly decision of adding $5 three different times in one day as opposed to adding a larger amount of money at one time, so because of that, I was blocked from adding money for 24 hours from the time of my last transaction. I missed my man calling because of that, but it was own fault. I was able to add money 24 hours later and I  won't ever do that again.
~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.