• December 12, 2018, 11:04:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 267835 times)

Offline me

• Support Staff
Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #560 on: June 20, 2013, 01:09:19 PM »
That's really strange................ I added money just an hour ago and I wasn't charged a fee for adding.  It added the full amount to my account.

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
« Reply #561 on: June 20, 2013, 02:03:47 PM »
I just added money to my phone and there is a new 6.95 charge for adding money.  My LO is in IDOC , I was very confused thought this was a mistake but its on there website the charge is 6.95 via internet or over the phone.

I see you put IDOC, but some people think while their L/O is in a county jail its IDOC. My l/o is in cook county that is why I get the $6.95 charge.  A few weeks ago, I spoke to Securus and they told me if my l/o is transfered to IDOC Iliinois Department of Corrections there IS NO FEE. There is nothing that we have to do or change. It will be seen on thier end that he is out of the county jail.
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline jbell20

« Reply #562 on: June 20, 2013, 10:11:37 PM »
 I will have to call them about the 6.95 just checked my bank statment and I was charged just that. My LO has been in department of corrrections for the past 9 years . This was the very first time I was ever charged a fee , this is why I was confused.

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
« Reply #563 on: June 21, 2013, 08:34:50 AM »
jbell, I would definatly call and see why you were charged. Good luck!
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline MissAndrea

« Reply #564 on: October 17, 2013, 07:34:24 PM »
Anyone heard of Securus charging a monthly wireless maintanence fee of $7.95? This was told to a woman whose l/o is in county jail.
~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.

Offline emb10285

« Reply #565 on: October 17, 2013, 07:46:13 PM »
I was charged about. 7.95 every time I added money to my securus account when my fiancé was in cook county so glad he is at his parent facility now and I no longer have to pay that fee.

Offline lori491999

« Reply #566 on: October 17, 2013, 09:12:18 PM »
I think county does still have charges, but IDOC does not.

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #567 on: October 18, 2013, 10:26:06 AM »
Anyone heard of Securus charging a monthly wireless maintanence fee of $7.95? This was told to a woman whose l/o is in county jail.

If you choose account management in your account, and click to "edit number" it does say that adding one or more cell numbers may result in a wireless administration fee of up to $3.99. 

Offline MissAndrea

« Reply #568 on: October 18, 2013, 11:24:28 PM »
This woman was charged $7.99. Just wondered if anyone had experienced what she has.
~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.

Offline DarkCloud

« Reply #569 on: October 19, 2013, 10:53:42 AM »
This woman was charged $7.99. Just wondered if anyone had experienced what she has.
I know that if your L/O is in the county jail that you are charged $6.95 each time you add money to your account. But possibly that charge could be more if she is in another state?

Offline Coltsgrammie

« Reply #570 on: November 12, 2013, 07:34:24 AM »
 :napturk: My BF is in Pontiac and he told me last night the rates for phone calls were cheaper for Pontiac! I called and asked the customer service Rep and they said Yes $3.55 no tax..Then I got an email that said Yes it was $3.55 and $1.00 tax..Does anyone have clue what's the truth..I am getting charged $4.55 but my BF said it should be cheaper!! Any suggestions would be great! Thanks! Traci

Offline DarkCloud

« Reply #571 on: November 12, 2013, 09:45:13 AM »
:napturk: My BF is in Pontiac and he told me last night the rates for phone calls were cheaper for Pontiac! I called and asked the customer service Rep and they said Yes $3.55 no tax..Then I got an email that said Yes it was $3.55 and $1.00 tax..Does anyone have clue what's the truth..I am getting charged $4.55 but my BF said it should be cheaper!! Any suggestions would be great! Thanks! Traci
$3.55 is the cost of the call before the taxes. I just checked on the Securus call rate calculator and it said my calls were $3.55 which does not include any taxes & fees. I actually pay $4.07 per call.
What you are paying per call is what the actual cost is after fees and taxes. You can always check on the calculator yourself too.
https://securustech.net/call-rate-calculator

Offline Coltsgrammie

« Reply #572 on: November 12, 2013, 11:12:51 AM »
 :wc38:  Thanks!! I see where it is the taxes! New to all this  :wc38:

Offline Spydergurl2019

« Reply #573 on: November 20, 2013, 09:15:07 AM »
Did anyone have problems accepting calls from their l/o last nite? Every time I would hit 1 to accept the call it would just end the call. This happened 9 times. I called to make sure I still had money on my account, and yes I do

Offline MizzKortz

« Reply #574 on: November 20, 2013, 09:26:19 AM »

My guy is in east moline and I pay 4.62 for 30 minutes. The calculator said 3.55 tho.. but I think each state chatges a different tax. Im in michigan.

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #575 on: November 20, 2013, 09:27:26 AM »
Yes it happened to me also. Actually its happened to me quite a few times. Every time it happens I hurry up and get on Securus and it lets me accept it. I have called them numerous times about this problem and they tell me it must be a problem with the number 1 button on my phone. Its not my phone.....

Offline Spydergurl2019

« Reply #576 on: November 20, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »
I called them after it happened twice and nothing. This is the first time i haven't talked to my b/f since May.  :wc62:

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #577 on: November 20, 2013, 10:03:43 AM »
If it happens again and you can get on Securus while hes calling try it. see if it works for you. I'm sure it has nothing to do with it,but it seems to work for me. That sucks that he never got through.

Offline Spydergurl2019

« Reply #578 on: November 20, 2013, 10:11:19 AM »
I just got off the phone with a  rep. He said he's received several calls today about the same thing. Hopefully whatever it is they will have it fixed today.

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #579 on: November 20, 2013, 10:14:39 AM »
Well that's good. Hopefully it gets fixed and you get a call soon!!