• December 12, 2018, 11:03:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 267834 times)

Offline cem31

Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #540 on: June 05, 2013, 11:37:51 PM »
curious.  what cell phone company do the ones having problems have?  US cellular sold some of their areas to 'sprint

I have tmobile

Offline babyonway1225

« Reply #541 on: June 06, 2013, 07:28:13 AM »
I have tmobile. my friend her bf is at sheridan also and has had problems, she Has verizon

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
« Reply #542 on: June 06, 2013, 07:56:37 AM »
I talked to the phone co, and was told taxes went up in my area that is why my call amount increased. It is NOT our cell phones or house phones. IT IS SECURUS, so  there is no need to compare companies.   IMO, unfortunately, IDOC went with a copmany that is cheaper by looks. I say by looks because the calls are cheaper, but there is a $6.95 fee every time, plus tax, which yes there was tax with cps but when we put money NOT EVERY SINGLE CALL, from what i remember, please correct me if I am wrong. If there was a dropped call with CPS on cell or home, and they listen to the recording and it was dropped it was reinburs ed the connection charge of the calls that had to be placed because of the drop call.  This company is about making and keeping their money. Therefore it will cost us more. again IMO! i never thought I would say it but I miss CPS so far.  PS i use Verizon for cell company and LOVE them, and I am in TX, and sometimes in the middle of NOWHERE literally, in a valley, all mountains, and I can get text messages and calls. so I doubt my bad connection is on my end or my phone companies... uggg.. thanks for listening...
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline lori491999

« Reply #543 on: June 06, 2013, 08:46:17 AM »
My phone calls have only increased a penny.  I'm still very content and happy with the switch to Securus.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #544 on: June 06, 2013, 09:09:29 AM »
I thought the fee for adding money to your account via internet/cell phone was not added on for IDOC accounts?  Have they changed this?

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #545 on: June 06, 2013, 10:17:05 AM »
curious.  what cell phone company do the ones having problems have?  US cellular sold some of their areas to 'sprint

I have tmobile

I was one of those US Cellular people who got sold to Sprint - I tried Sprint for a week and hated it.  No signal (in downtown Chicago) and dropped calls. 
After a week I switched to Verizon - now I could be 10 feet underground and I get a signal.   :wc7:

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #546 on: June 06, 2013, 10:17:51 AM »
I thought the fee for adding money to your account via internet/cell phone was not added on for IDOC accounts?  Have they changed this?

There is no fee to add money still but my calls went up by a penny as of June 3rd as well.  

06/03/2013   8:04:41 PM  LINCOLN, IL (773)XXX-XXXX  30  N       $4.69

06/02/2013  12:38:02 AM LINCOLN IL  (773) XXX-XXXX  30  N   $4.68

What's very interesting (and I am going to call today) - is that they are charging me for a call at 12:38 AM - which would be in the middle of the night when the phones are turned off.............  Obviously a call I didn't get!

Check your totals and calls lists. 

Offline jcruz1104

« Reply #547 on: June 06, 2013, 10:25:44 AM »
maybe cuz my bro is in county not IDOC, but I get charged $6.95 when I use text pay, when I use the internet, any payment and everyone $6.95 fee.
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #548 on: June 06, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »
maybe cuz my bro is in county not IDOC, but I get charged $6.95 when I use text pay, when I use the internet, any payment and everyone $6.95 fee.

That could be the difference (county to IDOC)??  I just made a payment and was charged no fee.  Interesting.

Offline yesen6075

« Reply #549 on: June 06, 2013, 11:27:04 AM »
I just made a payment on Monday and wasn't charged anything extra. But I do remember that when I used western union to add money to mymy account I was charged $10.95. Never again will I use that service . So far I can't complain about Securus (hope I don't jinx it).

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #550 on: June 06, 2013, 11:30:19 AM »
I'm with you yesen.  I hope I don't jinx it, but, I've never been charged a fee to add funds.  I've done it over the phone and online.

Offline lori491999

« Reply #551 on: June 06, 2013, 11:49:51 AM »

I'm guessing this is the problem.  IDOC would be a separate contract from the county level.  I have never been charged to add funds either and I just did it over the weekend.

Offline jcruz1104

« Reply #552 on: June 06, 2013, 12:41:24 PM »
I thought the fee for adding money to your account via internet/cell phone was not added on for IDOC accounts?  Have they changed this?

There is no fee to add money still but my calls went up by a penny as of June 3rd as well.  

06/03/2013   8:04:41 PM  LINCOLN, IL (773)XXX-XXXX  30  N       $4.69

06/02/2013  12:38:02 AM LINCOLN IL  (773) XXX-XXXX  30  N   $4.68

What's very interesting (and I am going to call today) - is that they are charging me for a call at 12:38 AM - which would be in the middle of the night when the phones are turned off.............  Obviously a call I didn't get!

Check your totals and calls lists.  

Good catch, I looked at mine as well, and its PM, it just is put as AM on the bill. I checked between my phone bill and securus and that exact time on my phone he called and the securs bill. AGAIN IT SAYS AM BUT IS PM.. 
Also i dont want his to do any IDOC time but if so I hope we dont have any fees.. I also wonder since Im a "new" customer not I get charged. As in, our family was ALL out of IDOC then the companies went from CPS to Securus, and those were not charged fees. but everyone "new" or coming back gets charged? (but I am sure its the differeance from county to IDOC) just curious

Offline punksgirl

« Reply #553 on: June 06, 2013, 01:05:50 PM »
I received a call on Tuesday from Pontiac, I could hardly hear him. We thought they maybe recording again so we cut the call short. I just checked my Securus account  and there was an 2 cent increase, calls were $4.45 now $4.47. I have US Cellular going to switch to Sprint to be on my daughters plan.

Offline lori491999

« Reply #554 on: June 06, 2013, 01:15:29 PM »
Good catch, I looked at mine as well, and its PM, it just is put as AM on the bill. I checked between my phone bill and securus and that exact time on my phone he called and the securs bill. AGAIN IT SAYS AM BUT IS PM.. 
Also i dont want his to do any IDOC time but if so I hope we dont have any fees.. I also wonder since Im a "new" customer not I get charged. As in, our family was ALL out of IDOC then the companies went from CPS to Securus, and those were not charged fees. but everyone "new" or coming back gets charged? (but I am sure its the differeance from county to IDOC) just curious

There have been "new" people to IDOC since Securus took over from Consolidated, and unless I haven't heard about it, they are not being charged any service fees either.

Offline jcruz1104

« Reply #555 on: June 06, 2013, 01:36:20 PM »
THANK YOU! County is charged $6.95 fee, IDOC is not. I can mail a payment with no fee. but I dont put that much money on so im good as is. just a change, I dont like change.

Offline jbell20

« Reply #556 on: June 19, 2013, 06:27:00 PM »
I just added money to my phone and there is a new 6.95 charge for adding money.  My LO is in IDOC , I was very confused thought this was a mistake but its on there website the charge is 6.95 via internet or over the phone.

Offline belliott76

« Reply #557 on: June 20, 2013, 12:33:16 AM »
My lo called today and the phone cut off in the middle.it has happen to us at least once a week.last week when it did it his friend was on another phone down the hall an it turned it off on him too.I wish they would stop making it shut off the switch was to save us money not waste it on dropped calls.be glad when this is all over

Offline MissAndrea

« Reply #558 on: June 20, 2013, 09:24:00 AM »
I just added money to my phone and there is a new 6.95 charge for adding money.  My LO is in IDOC , I was very confused thought this was a mistake but its on there website the charge is 6.95 via internet or over the phone.

I just now added money and wasn't charged a fee. I also didn't see anywhere on their site about the fee, but I really didn't look very hard. So I wonder what is up with the fee.
~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.

Offline lori491999

« Reply #559 on: June 20, 2013, 10:18:11 AM »

Where is your l/o located?