• December 18, 2018, 05:31:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 268818 times)

Offline Crowe29

• I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart
Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #520 on: May 16, 2013, 10:45:24 PM »
Apparently I made more than 3 attempts at making a payment. Initially it didn't go through bc there was a security block on my credit card and by the time I had unblocked it I had made more than 3 attempts thus blocking my Securus account. The first lady just said there's a block on CC's which I thought meant in general for everyone. Tonight I found out that it's only me bc  of multiple failed attempts. So the question now is do I go through WU (which I can) and pay the $5 fee for putting $10 on the phone and wait 24 hours afterwards or do I just wait until next week when I'm unblocked again and put all that $ on my acc? IDK what to do...advice? I know that I can suck it up and wait, I sent a letter that he should get tomorrow or Monday and I know I have one coming this week, but I'm not sure if my B can handle all that waiting and not knowing. Is it July yet??? :wc96: :wc96: :wc96:

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
« Reply #521 on: May 17, 2013, 07:59:01 AM »
 :wc30:

Its almost JULY!!! then no IDOC for you, NO parole nothing, I know its only $5 but that can go to food, or gas, so U could wait. that's a 50% fee...  I know its hard to wait it out, especially with no communication but letters that take days, but we need to remember the guys are strong, many of us baby them and they get use to us jumping and doing, he will survive a few days. I know talking to the "outside" help, but it will give him more appreciation for you once he hears your voice. and I know he will understand the matter.
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline cem31

« Reply #522 on: May 26, 2013, 08:47:46 AM »
the websit is different and i saw this.

"We are currently experiencing some minor website functionality issues. We anticipate these issues being resolved shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

So i am thinking this may cause issues..  I signed it and i was able to make a payment. No problems.

Since they changed to the "NEW" Securus site I have not been able to login at all or to setup a new account, everytime I try it tells me to contact customer service. So last nite I did a chat with them, same rep both times and he was no help at all!! 1st chat he reset my password, I still couldn't get in, 2nd chat he said he didnt kno what to do. Have tried calling a few times but hold times are really long! So far I have just been calling the # to reload but wud like to access my online account as well

Offline GoodGirl

« Reply #523 on: May 26, 2013, 11:01:41 AM »
Since they changed to the "NEW" Securus site I have not been able to login at all or to setup a new account, everytime I try it tells me to contact customer service. So last nite I did a chat with them, same rep both times and he was no help at all!! 1st chat he reset my password, I still couldn't get in, 2nd chat he said he didnt kno what to do. Have tried calling a few times but hold times are really long! So far I have just been calling the # to reload but wud like to access my online account as well

I've had the same problem for a week and a half now, live chat, 3 phone calls to service reps, multiple attempts on safari, firefox & IE.  You are not alone.

Offline DarkCloud

« Reply #524 on: May 28, 2013, 01:32:05 PM »
I've had the same problem for a week and a half now, live chat, 3 phone calls to service reps, multiple attempts on safari, firefox & IE.  You are not alone.
I've had no problems logging on to the site, I'm using Google Chrome. Maybe trying that might help?  :wc14:

Offline cem31

« Reply #525 on: May 28, 2013, 07:43:08 PM »
I've had no problems logging on to the site, I'm using Google Chrome. Maybe trying that might help?  :wc14:

I've tried IE, Google chrome, I even tried safari on my ipad, nothing is working!  :wc4: I talked to Customer service today and she submitted a trouble ticket to tech support, we'll see how that goes =/. The rep was real nice, even tried getting her supervisor to help, they said alot of ppl are having the same problem

Offline brezzie

• Heavy Love Load
« Reply #526 on: June 01, 2013, 10:58:30 AM »
Hello fellow IPT members go on google.com or google chrome and make sure you enter serurus correctional billing then make sure you click on for inmates calls then go to the top where there is a lady and youngman on your left  then go to the top right hand corner take that email information out first then you have to enter your email address and your pass code you should get in then.

Yahoo will not allow you to get in at all.  :wc61:

Brezzie,

Offline cem31

« Reply #527 on: June 01, 2013, 04:55:32 PM »
Hello fellow IPT members go on google.com or google chrome and make sure you enter serurus correctional billing then make sure you click on for inmates calls then go to the top where there is a lady and youngman on your left  then go to the top right hand corner take that email information out first then you have to enter your email address and your pass code you should get in then.

Yahoo will not allow you to get in at all.  :wc61:

Brezzie,

Thx Brezzie, I tried that several times but still didn't work for me. I contacted Cust ser and they are supposed to be working on it, have yet to hear bk from them =(

Offline jcruz1104

« Reply #528 on: June 04, 2013, 08:51:24 PM »
FYI.  June 5  from 12 am to 3 am securus website will be down for maintains.
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline babyonway1225

« Reply #529 on: June 05, 2013, 07:18:03 AM »
Has anyone been having trouble with calls. And the quality? Last night he called and I couldn't understand half of what he was saying. This is at sheridan :(

Offline lori491999

« Reply #530 on: June 05, 2013, 08:55:25 AM »
Has anyone been having trouble with calls. And the quality? Last night he called and I couldn't understand half of what he was saying. This is at sheridan :(

We get this occasionally, too.  He thinks its when they are recording, but it just sounds static-y (BAD) to me.  I don't know what it is, but I'm glad it doesn't happen every phone call.

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #531 on: June 05, 2013, 09:48:40 AM »

We get this occasionally, too.  He thinks its when they are recording, but it just sounds static-y (BAD) to me.  I don't know what it is, but I'm glad it doesn't happen every phone call.

We have been getting that alot lately too at Lincoln.  He cuts in and out and is very static-y.  Sometimes sounds like a robot...
I talked to Securus about it - but they blame it on my cell phone.  Its definately not my cell phone.  Their other suggestion was that the guys should complain there so a work ticket could be put in.

Offline jcruz1104

« Reply #532 on: June 05, 2013, 10:16:35 AM »

We get this occasionally, too.  He thinks its when they are recording, but it just sounds static-y (BAD) to me.  I don't know what it is, but I'm glad it doesn't happen every phone call.

We have been getting that alot lately too at Lincoln.  He cuts in and out and is very static-y.  Sometimes sounds like a robot...
I talked to Securus about it - but they blame it on my cell phone.  Its definately not my cell phone.  Their other suggestion was that the guys should complain there so a work ticket could be put in.

I always filled out the disput form, when we got disconnected or issues and normally i get at least the connection fee back. I would call and let them know, that way the phones will be looked at. And yes they try to say its the cell phone, which we know is wrong since there weren't issues with the other phone company or other calls. Just call and let them know I hope it gets resolved. Good Luck!

Offline cem31

« Reply #533 on: June 05, 2013, 10:36:08 AM »

We get this occasionally, too.  He thinks its when they are recording, but it just sounds static-y (BAD) to me.  I don't know what it is, but I'm glad it doesn't happen every phone call.

We have been getting that alot lately too at Lincoln.  He cuts in and out and is very static-y.  Sometimes sounds like a robot...

My L/O said a tech from Securus was just out last wk & worked on the phones, we had choppy quality the day before that and every day since. He said he hadn't heard anyone else in his house complain about the quality, he had asked a few guys. The funny thing is that most times he can hear me clearly even tho he is very choppy to me. Haven't tried calling Securus yet, will b doing that today, and will have him get the guys in his house to put in trouble tickets, hope it helps

Offline yesen6075

« Reply #534 on: June 05, 2013, 11:32:41 AM »
I got my call this morning. No problems. However, last week it did sound a little staticky and that message about 3 way calling -kept interrupting our call. My husband is in Lawrence.

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #535 on: June 05, 2013, 12:31:05 PM »
We have gotten that 3 way recording interupting a couple times as well.

Offline babyonway1225

« Reply #536 on: June 05, 2013, 08:40:11 PM »
that's happen with us also. but when I would answer a text..

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #537 on: June 05, 2013, 08:48:38 PM »
Is it only on cell phones that it's happening on?

Offline jcruz1104

« Reply #538 on: June 05, 2013, 09:21:03 PM »
Check your bills. From yesterday to today out charges has increased. This time I am sure it has.  This is crazy honestly I miss cps.. lol..

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
« Reply #539 on: June 05, 2013, 09:43:38 PM »
curious.  what cell phone company do the ones having problems have?  US cellular sold some of their areas to 'sprint