• December 18, 2018, 06:07:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 268830 times)

Offline DarkCloud

Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #500 on: May 06, 2013, 10:01:41 AM »
I tried looking, through this entire post, but I probably missed it.  I thought i was getting charged $7.00 for a full 30 min call, today i looked and its $8.06 taxes.. Again, I could swear i wasn't getting charged an additional 1.06 up until now. I am pretty good at looking at my bills and looking at them several times. and that would have jumped out at me sooner than today...
I don't get many calls, so i may have overlooked it, but i doubt it.

Can anyone here please let me know if that was always there? i am sure many of you are like me and look very carefully. and can help me before i call the company.

Thanks
Have you opened an online account with them? It's easy to do and you will be able to see visually how much your calls are/were.

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
« Reply #501 on: May 06, 2013, 10:44:57 AM »
Yes I have an online account.   This is where I always look, and again i would swear there was no additional $1.06 per 30 min call, yes it says there was on every call, but I just never caught that, i guess. thanks all
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline punksgirl

« Reply #502 on: May 06, 2013, 01:09:08 PM »
I just looked through my Securus account, it's been $4.45 each call

Offline humbird37

« Reply #503 on: May 06, 2013, 06:43:32 PM »
Mine have been 5.15 each time I get a call....
Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!

Offline wifey

« Reply #504 on: May 07, 2013, 05:59:39 AM »
Securus also told me tha the reason I was unable to receive collect calls was because of my AT&T service. Called AT&T-no problems with my landline at all in fact received a collect call from my sister from an airport phone.  Securus is full of it- inconsistent billing, they change their service without notice, you will not talk to a real manager and they do not help at all   I am sick and tired of dealing with incompetent service people whose only skill/ job requirement is that they are able to read generic useless answers off of a scripted sheet. We may just go back to letter writing!

Offline Sizz

« Reply #505 on: May 07, 2013, 06:35:50 PM »

Securus also told me tha the reason I was unable to receive collect calls was because of my AT&T service. Called AT&T-no problems with my landline at all in fact received a collect call from my sister from an airport phone.  Securus is full of it- inconsistent billing, they change their service without notice, you will not talk to a real manager and they do not help at all   I am sick and tired of dealing with incompetent service people whose only skill/ job requirement is that they are able to read generic useless answers off of a scripted sheet. We may just go back to letter writing!

Offline MissAndrea

« Reply #506 on: May 10, 2013, 08:39:24 AM »
I just looked through my Securus account, it's been $4.45 each call

It appears that many people are being charged different rates. I'm paying $4.68 per call. I guess I'll scroll through the previous pages to see if there is an explanation for that.
~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #507 on: May 10, 2013, 02:01:59 PM »
Mine were $5.36, but for some reason they changed to $5.33.  Apparently the taxes went down by $0.03. It'd be nice if they didn't have the taxes though

Cost :   $4.10
Tax :    $1.23
Total (Cost + Tax) :  $5.33

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #508 on: May 10, 2013, 06:13:23 PM »
I just got off the phone with them, for the 3 rd time this week. Not sure what's going on, but my l/o tries to call every day, they say they are putting it through, but my phone doesn't ring! They said they were gonna put in for an Investigation. To see what it might be... It would just put me at ease to hear his voice, it's been we'll over a month!!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #509 on: May 10, 2013, 08:25:35 PM »
I just got off the phone with them, for the 3 rd time this week. Not sure what's going on, but my l/o tries to call every day, they say they are putting it through, but my phone doesn't ring! They said they were gonna put in for an Investigation. To see what it might be... It would just put me at ease to hear his voice, it's been we'll over a month!!

Have you called his counselor?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #510 on: May 11, 2013, 05:13:03 AM »
No mah, I hadn't thought about calling his counselor. In his last letter, he said he had put in a request slip to see what the problem was. I've gotten letters, and it shows where  he's attempted to place the call. For some reason though, my phone doesn't ring on this end, and I'm wondering if he just hears dead space on his end.

Offline mikenlisa

« Reply #511 on: May 11, 2013, 09:13:59 AM »
So I called my phone company the other day and they said they have not restricted my phone calls that is on Securus' end.  Surprise, I think not.  Don't get me wrong I like the new rates but atleast with Consolidated I knew I was going to receive calls!  I called Securus back and they then told me that I am past due.  Ok how when my phone company bills me once a month and I pay them before my due date.  Well he informed me that they have a 90 billing cycle so I am totally confused as to why I am getting a bill once a month from my phone company with calls on it from Securus?  So not sure when they will turn my calling back on...ughhhh.  If someone understands this better I would love an explanation.  Thanks

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #512 on: May 11, 2013, 10:22:46 PM »
So I called my phone company the other day and they said they have not restricted my phone calls that is on Securus' end.  Surprise, I think not.  Don't get me wrong I like the new rates but atleast with Consolidated I knew I was going to receive calls!  I called Securus back and they then told me that I am past due.  Ok how when my phone company bills me once a month and I pay them before my due date.  Well he informed me that they have a 90 billing cycle so I am totally confused as to why I am getting a bill once a month from my phone company with calls on it from Securus?  So not sure when they will turn my calling back on...ughhhh.  If someone understands this better I would love an explanation.  Thanks

When I talked to them, this is what I was told.. They have a 90 day billing cycle, and a $30 max (if you have perfect credit) on that plan.  If you don't have perfect credit, your calls could max out at as low as $15 (average of 3 calls). So, assuming perfect credit, if you get enough calls to hit the $30 mark in a 90 day time period, then they put a block on it until the 90 day cycle is over and you're back in the green.  The lady I spoke with, told me that they call it "overdue" when in reality, you've just hit your max call amount.  I asked her how to remove that, and she told me that the only way to not have a call cap is to go with a prepaid account. 

Offline mikenlisa

« Reply #513 on: May 15, 2013, 07:06:00 AM »
I really miss consolidated atleast I had a 10 calls in a month limit.  Now $30 really isn't much at all..ughhh! But thank you for the explanation you got kinda understand but don't agree with it at all.  They could make so much more money than they are right now if they would raise their limits.  I guess making more money is not part of their concerns.  Thanks again.

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #514 on: May 15, 2013, 09:14:36 AM »
I really miss consolidated atleast I had a 10 calls in a month limit.  Now $30 really isn't much at all..ughhh! But thank you for the explanation you got kinda understand but don't agree with it at all.  They could make so much more money than they are right now if they would raise their limits.  I guess making more money is not part of their concerns.  Thanks again.

It appears, that they would rather everyone use prepaid.  I don't blame them for that.  If the calls are paid in advance, they're assured to get their money.  I doesn't make it easy on the families, but, IDOC doesn't make anything easy on us.  I'm getting used to it.

Offline Crowe29

• I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart
« Reply #515 on: May 15, 2013, 11:53:44 AM »
Anyone else having issues with making a payment on the Securus website? I have been on the phone with my credit card since last night and there's no reason for it to be declined, yet Securus doesn't want to let it go through.  :wc4: Any info would be great!  :wc38: :wc13:

Offline jcruz1104

« Reply #516 on: May 15, 2013, 12:12:53 PM »
the websit is different and i saw this.

"We are currently experiencing some minor website functionality issues. We anticipate these issues being resolved shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

So i am thinking this may cause issues..  I signed it and i was able to make a payment. No problems.
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline Crowe29

• I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart
« Reply #517 on: May 16, 2013, 12:00:05 PM »
the websit is different and i saw this.

"We are currently experiencing some minor website functionality issues. We anticipate these issues being resolved shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

So i am thinking this may cause issues..  I signed it and i was able to make a payment. No problems.

Did you use a CC? They told me yesterday that all CC payments are blocked for a week, yet you made one, someone else tweeted me that they made one too, yet I can't make one and it's not my CC, I tried 3 and none of them want to go through. I am not paying an extra $5 fee for WU to put $10 on the phone. I'm beyond frustrated right now and I'm pretty sure B is livid, I just hope his anger doesn't get the better of him and he don't end up in seg 7 weeks before he's supposed to come home! :wc4:

Offline jcruz1104

« Reply #518 on: May 16, 2013, 01:07:27 PM »
Hopefully B, doesnt let his anger get the best of him. Hopefully he thinks it threw. I am sure he knows there is a reason that there is no money on the phone.. And once you two talk it will be ok. We all over thing. Yes I used my CC. I went online and it was just fine.

Sorry and hope you were able to get it to go threw

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #519 on: May 16, 2013, 02:14:03 PM »
Crowe29, I was just able to make a payment with no problem.  I know the website changed this week, do you think that could be causing some issues?
Sorry - I am just trying to think of what it could be for you........ 

Here is the link I use if you want to try again.

https://securustech.net/web/securus