• October 20, 2018, 06:16:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 260910 times)

Offline me

• Support Staff
Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #480 on: April 08, 2013, 03:24:41 PM »
That was probably before Securus figured out there was a routing issues with their calls.  That is what I was told it was.  If you call back now and ask for a manager - maybe they can do something for you in the way of a credit.  I didn't ask about that since it didn't happen to me or affect my account personally. 

But it seems the calls you got later were back to normal at 30 minutes so let's hope like they said that it is all worked out.

Offline Jeannie

« Reply #481 on: April 08, 2013, 03:25:53 PM »
I spoke to a manager at Securus this afternoon and they assurred me that this was a temporary error and they have resolved the issue.
If you have had this problem please call them.

They said they have no intentions of switching the calls from 30 minutes to 10 minutes. 

I posted this in the other thread regarding this as well. 

(whew).

I know this seems kinda petty since our rates are so low, but ever bit of money counts.....Did they happen to say whether we would be refunded some or part of the calls that got cut off in the temporary error?

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #482 on: April 08, 2013, 03:27:12 PM »
I didn't ask about a refund or credit since it didn't affect my account personally but since it is resolved and they are aware now it was a problem on their end with call routing you might want to call back and ask them about a credit.
It never hurts to try.
 :wc2:

Offline Jeannie

« Reply #483 on: April 08, 2013, 03:30:30 PM »
Thanks me. And sorry for the posts with questions. I must be posting right after you and not seeing what you have already said. I'll give them a call and see if they are willing to credit both 10 minutes calls. I'd be happy if they'd even give one of them back.

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #484 on: April 08, 2013, 03:34:36 PM »
No worries.  Something like this can make us all anxious for sure!   :wc2:

Let us know if you find anything out. 

Offline Jeannie

« Reply #485 on: April 08, 2013, 07:49:13 PM »
Update: I called Securus. Yes, there was a glitch, and yes my account was adjusted for the first 2 calls we only got for 10 minutes. She said it was automatically adjusted. So me being the pest I can be when it comes to my money. I had her run down my calls for today, and tell me what my starting balance for this morning was before I accepted any calls. I knew the balance already, I just wanted to see what they had, and we matched. So we both did calculation together from my initial balance this morning minus our 5 calls (yes 5 calls ugghh) at my rate, and then added back the $8.20 in credit for the first two morning 10 minute calls, and yes they had already adjusted my account accordingly before I had even called in to ask for the refund. I suggest all that had issues today with the their calls, call in to Securus and have them double check your account for you to make sure you got the credit. And at first the rep told me they refund nothing, and finally I said I want a manager and she put me on hold and told me her manager told her to read her email where it explains the glitch on their part and accounts have been adjusted accordingly...so some reps you get may not be aware yet that there was an issue on their end this morning, just an fyi incase you call and your rep is unaware as well.

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #486 on: April 08, 2013, 07:57:44 PM »
Awesome!!!   Thanks for the update Jeannie.  I'm so glad it all worked out and you got the credit.

Offline brezzie

• Heavy Love Load
« Reply #487 on: April 11, 2013, 07:24:12 AM »
I also want to thank you for getting the information. I should have done the same thing but I got to upset about this issue. I apologize to all of IPT members for not doing the same thing before posting on that issue because I had sent a email to IDOC as well and they confirmed that.

So please forgive. I'm very sorry.

Brezzie :wc54:

Offline stressedmom

« Reply #488 on: April 11, 2013, 07:52:14 PM »
I have a problem and I know the answer may be around here somewhere.  My son at statesville has been calling me and all on his phone list since the switch with no problem.  Last week he went for his chemo treatment out of the facility and since he has been back he can not call anyone.  He is being told he has an invalid pin#.  How does he get this fixed? I finally got a letter from him today letting me know the problem.  He knew I would be worried since I had not heard from him after going to the hospital. Does anyone have the solution?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #489 on: April 11, 2013, 08:25:12 PM »
Sorry to hear this stressedmom. I would start by calling Securus and his counselor tomorrow and find out what can be done or why this could have happened.  Some members have had issues and their LO's have had to fill out a new visitors list, hoping that won't happen to your son.

I hope you get to speak with your son soon, nothing worse than not getting those phone calls.    :wc30:
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline nikkibaby26

« Reply #490 on: April 15, 2013, 04:11:34 PM »
My one complaint is the 4 or 5 calls that ended abruptly.. there's been a couple that only lasted one minute, yet we're still charged the 4.68. I emailed them when the phone support told me they couldn't do anything and so far they haven't responded. Other than that handful of calls we lost, we haven't had any problems.

By any chance were you driving when they dropped? That has happened to me, but only while driving.
“When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you... When I met you, I was afraid to kiss you... When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you... Now that I love you, I'm afraid to lose you.”

Offline wifey

« Reply #491 on: May 02, 2013, 08:44:10 PM »
Securus sucks!  With Consolidated, we were billed directly on our ATT landline bill.  NO worries, no limits, he could call all he wanted..upwards of $300/month phone calls but I did not care!  We were able to talk whenever he was able to get the phone. My busy schedule means that he needs to make sure he tries to call often so we can connect.  Even though Securus offers this on their site, they will not allow collect calls go from my hubby to my ATT bill.  I have to have a prepaid account, which by the way maxed out at $30! (I knew one customer that prepaid $100 and the facility that used Securus stopped and over $90 was lost-NO REFUND!) This is why I will not prepay. When I called, I asked why they could not allow the collect calls through-they said, they don't offer that service any more.  My parents and my mother inlaw have this ability and we all have ATT landlines!  In fact, they did NOTHING to switch over to Securus.  Calls came through to them just like they did with Consolidated.  The Securus customer service would not forward me to a manager, to a superior, to anyone that would tell me how to do this.  They said that the website was undergoing a new design.  Big deal!  A new design does not mean that the service advertised is void.  I went on the live chat and got the same answers.  I copied the conversation and sent it  to NPR, and several investigative reporting news teams.  I also asked our new attorneys about a fraudulent advertisement.  They also called and got the same run around.  Although the calls are cheaper, I now have the added aggravation of having to go to their website, pay off my account so that it is not blocked, and have to deal with these incompetent outsourced idiots!  What a joke!

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #492 on: May 02, 2013, 10:17:19 PM »
I have to have a prepaid account, which by the way maxed out at $30! (I knew one customer that prepaid $100 and the facility that used Securus stopped and over $90 was lost-NO REFUND!) This is why I will not prepay.

That's crazy.  They told me (and there's a button to click on my account screen) that I could cancel the account and get a refund at any time .  I know that if they send a bill, they cap it at $30 a month.  That's why I went prepaid.  I also asked about the direct billing through the phone company and was told that they only allow traditional collect in the state of Texas.

Offline wifey

« Reply #493 on: May 02, 2013, 10:21:53 PM »
NPR had a huge story on them, their business model/practice/customer service...all crap.  This is yet another annoyance in this whole prison thing that all of us deal with on a daily basis. 

Offline DarkCloud

« Reply #494 on: May 02, 2013, 10:23:42 PM »
My one complaint is the 4 or 5 calls that ended abruptly.. there's been a couple that only lasted one minute, yet we're still charged the 4.68. I emailed them when the phone support told me they couldn't do anything and so far they haven't responded. Other than that handful of calls we lost, we haven't had any problems.

By any chance were you driving when they dropped? That has happened to me, but only while driving.
This has happened to us too and no, I was not driving as I was on a landline. We still got charged the $4.68 for the call even though it dropped after about 10 seconds.
Securus say they will look into it, but be aware that it can take up to 30 days for them to do this, it's a pain in the rear!!  :wc96:

Offline Sizz

« Reply #495 on: May 03, 2013, 02:18:51 PM »
 :wc4:
           I am sorry for all your aggravation for those of you who have had a bad experience with Securus. I have also had issues with this service. First, they dropped me off my l/o's calling list which has been 2 months now since he was able to call me and my number still is not approved. Now they are telling me it's an international call and they do not allow those :wc96:!!
             I know a law was recently passed that says IDOC allows international calls but I got calls for over 2 years with Consolidated (though very expensive) because they didn't consider Canada international. Soo anyway because Securus is in Texas they say they don't do international calls!
              I am lost without my calls. With this distance between us and me only being able to see him twice a year if I am lucky enough to be able to, it's been really difficult. I am sorry I know there is a lot of people with loved ones in IDOC that never get to see them or talk and I am not having a pity party over this. I am just venting my frustration and even though it cost a fortune I miss Consolidated!
                                                  I hope for others your issues get resolved and you get to talk soon!

:wc71-1:

Offline DarkCloud

« Reply #496 on: May 04, 2013, 08:28:59 AM »
Sorry to hear that Sizz, it must be horrible for you not to be able to talk to him.
I don't know where your loved one is but mine is in Danville and he mentioned something about the Warden trying to sort some issues out with Securus. A lot of what Securus are doing is causing problems with the men in Danville. I didn't get all of what my L/O was telling me but as soon as I get to talk with him again I will try and get all the information. As Danville are currently on lockdown I don't know how long it will take.

Offline mikenlisa

« Reply #497 on: May 04, 2013, 10:15:30 AM »
I too have been having trouble with Securus.  We have an account set up with the landline phone and was receiving calls just fine.  Now all of a sudden I can no longer receive collect calls on my landline phone.  I called and the lady said it was not on their end that I needed to contact my home phone carrier.  She said they put a 24 hour hold on my account but it has been over a week and still no calls.  So aggrevated!! Haven't had a chance to call the phone company but as soon as I find something out I will post it in case anyone else is having this trouble.  I know the lady from Securus said I should just set up a pre-paid account but I really don't want to.  It is kinda nice to just get one bill.  I will be so happy if and when they ever decide to give my l/o his good time!!!!!

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
« Reply #498 on: May 06, 2013, 09:14:11 AM »
I tried looking, through this entire post, but I probably missed it.  I thought i was getting charged $7.00 for a full 30 min call, today i looked and its $8.06 taxes.. Again, I could swear i wasn't getting charged an additional 1.06 up until now. I am pretty good at looking at my bills and looking at them several times. and that would have jumped out at me sooner than today...
I don't get many calls, so i may have overlooked it, but i doubt it.

Can anyone here please let me know if that was always there? i am sure many of you are like me and look very carefully. and can help me before i call the company.

Thanks
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline lori491999

« Reply #499 on: May 06, 2013, 09:56:13 AM »
I just looked through my securus charges and they have been $4.66 each time, through last night.