• December 18, 2018, 05:31:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 268820 times)

Offline lurios2

Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #460 on: March 25, 2013, 02:49:38 PM »
I'm probably super duper behind on this, but is it really under $5 for a 30 minute phone call?! Or is there a catch somewhere in fees? Because I checked my balance and it only took off 4.65 for each 30 minute call I've made. It's like too good to be true, so I just needed to double check here, lol.
~People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care~

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #461 on: March 25, 2013, 02:58:31 PM »
I'm probably super duper behind on this, but is it really under $5 for a 30 minute phone call?! Or is there a catch somewhere in fees? Because I checked my balance and it only took off 4.65 for each 30 minute call I've made. It's like too good to be true, so I just needed to double check here, lol.

LOL mine are now $5.39 when they used to be $10.30.  There's no catch, and it's really true  :wc1:

Offline DarkCloud

« Reply #462 on: March 25, 2013, 03:28:08 PM »
Lucky you!! Our calls are $4.68 for 30 minutes, much more expensive lol.  :wc15:

Offline chadsangel4

« Reply #463 on: March 25, 2013, 03:49:34 PM »
I am personally loving the $5.36 phone calls with no hidden fees AND they call you to tell you that your balance is under $10!  I am very happy about this switch!
\\\"To take a life when a life has been lost is revenge, not justice.\\\"
-Desmond Tutu

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #464 on: March 25, 2013, 03:52:24 PM »
I am personally loving the $5.36 phone calls with no hidden fees AND they call you to tell you that your balance is under $10!  I am very happy about this switch!

Good to hear so many are happy with this switch.

For far too long, families have been raped over these phone charges and if it allows inmates to keep in contact more with their families it's all worth it.  I am hoping it will allow families to talk, that never could before.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline jevans

« Reply #465 on: March 26, 2013, 01:56:25 PM »
I'm also probably really behind on this aswell...but Securus gave am $300 credit and I put 5 cell phone #'s + mine on my account so he can call anyone on his phone list now and its ready to go...western's actuall phone switch isnt sceduled till tomorrow..M my l/o tried to call today but it wouldn't go thru, so i called to access the situation and was reminded that his facility (Western) is still pending....Also, i was told that my calls won't cost anymore than $4 per call or 30 mins... That is like getting 3 calls for the price of 2...I'm pretty excited about it...And also if you listen to the whole recording you can talk to a live person...

Offline nlove

« Reply #466 on: March 30, 2013, 08:31:24 PM »
Has anybody from out of state experienced the switch yet?  If so, is it still the $4 and change or is it more if you are out of state?  Just curious!  Thanks

I live in Georgia and it is still the 4.10 per phone call plus tax. I do have one problem though, I had changed my number. My husband reported the number to his counselor and I added it to my securus account. I still have not been able to get a call from my loved one and everytime I call securus there is no new information. They say they are experiencing some problems and are working diligently to get them fixed. Does any one else have the same problem? I was told at one time allow 48 hours to process. Now they  are saying there is no timeline as to when the problem will be fixed but they are addressing it. Missing him more and more and not being able to talk to him or see him (in seven months) is starting to bear weight upon my shoulders.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #467 on: April 01, 2013, 12:31:40 PM »
Well, it's April 1st and let's hope that all the prisons are switched over and everything is running smoothly with the new Securus service.  All the switches were to be made March 31, 2013 and let's hope we don't have to deal with Consolidated anymore! 

Hope everyone gets their refunds in a timely manner too!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline chase

« Reply #468 on: April 01, 2013, 05:22:11 PM »

I live in NH and the callas are $5.36 for each call.  Still better than Consolidated!
Waiting on the East Coast

Offline Mstevens

« Reply #469 on: April 03, 2013, 02:20:58 AM »
There is a ton of problems with Securis yet at Shawnee and Harden County. They switched over at the end of February and they still do not have all of the phone lists set up. In addition, they are telling inmates that their pin #s are incorrect as well. My brother has only been able to call 1 telephone # since the end of January (this # was on a list from a previous incarceration) and now he can't even call that # because they are no longer accepting his pin. I think Securis has taken on a little bit more than they can handle by adding IDOC. Time for Illinois to get their rears in gear and get the ball rolling with the new early release program!

Offline brooke89

« Reply #470 on: April 03, 2013, 07:25:58 PM »
Im sooo happy about this switch over!!!! =) Our calls are $4.46 for 30 mins & its MUCH cheaper than the $13 I was paying before!!! =) Its clearer or worse than before so oh well, he got good time so home in 39 days anyways =)

Offline MrsW

« Reply #471 on: April 03, 2013, 08:29:58 PM »
My one complaint is the 4 or 5 calls that ended abruptly.. there's been a couple that only lasted one minute, yet we're still charged the 4.68. I emailed them when the phone support told me they couldn't do anything and so far they haven't responded. Other than that handful of calls we lost, we haven't had any problems.

Offline chadsangel4

« Reply #472 on: April 08, 2013, 09:48:36 AM »
I just had two phone calls from my LO in Stateville and they were both ended at 10 minutes!  Has anybody else had this problem?  Did they change the time for calls from 30 minutes to 10 minutes?  I am on hold with Securus right now but I am not a happy camper!!   :wc4:
-Desmond Tutu

Offline brezzie

• Heavy Love Load
« Reply #473 on: April 08, 2013, 11:55:30 AM »
Hello fellow IPT members I just talk to Securus and was informed that all of the prisons in Illinois will start having calls for 10 minutes. It's also possible that the rates will go up as well. I just talk to my nephew in Lincoln and they cut us off at 10 minutes and you know what when you call Lincoln they are not giving this information out. They are still claiming you get 30 minutes on the phone calls

Brezzie :wc61:

Offline lori491999

« Reply #474 on: April 08, 2013, 01:22:50 PM »
I had a phone call last night that was normal.  I also sent an email to Securus asking about this issue.

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #475 on: April 08, 2013, 01:24:57 PM »
I am NOT going to be a happy camper if this happens.  That would make the price jump to over $15 for 30 minutes!

Offline brezzie

• Heavy Love Load
« Reply #476 on: April 08, 2013, 02:01:26 PM »
I had a phone call last night that was normal.  I also sent an email to Securus asking about this issue.

Please let me know the response you recieved.

Brezzie :wc38:

Offline chadsangel4

« Reply #477 on: April 08, 2013, 02:52:47 PM »
Thank goodness, I just got another phone call from my LO and it was a 30 minute call!  I was going to be very mad if they switched to 10 minutes!
-Desmond Tutu

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #478 on: April 08, 2013, 03:15:57 PM »
I spoke to a manager at Securus this afternoon and they assurred me that this was a temporary error and they have resolved the issue.
If you have had this problem please call them.

They said they have no intentions of switching the calls from 30 minutes to 10 minutes. 

I posted this in the other thread regarding this as well. 

(whew).

Offline Jeannie

« Reply #479 on: April 08, 2013, 03:20:21 PM »
Thought I'd chime in on Vandalia. This morning my husband called and to our surprise we were cut of with the 1 min remaining recording at the 9 min mark. So a 10 min call. I told him to call back in an hour maybe it was a glitch and in the mean time I called Securus. They didn't inform me of any time or rate change. All they informed me of was their system said we had exceeded our call limit. I told the rep that with the prisons the call limit is 30 minutes, and asked did that change. He said they have nothing to do with the amount of time the calls are that the prisons hold that right. He told me maybe we were cut off because of a lockdown, meal time, or something going on within the prison that the prison itself had to cut the call short. End of convo with Securus. So I called Vandalia and asked to speak with who takes care of the phone system and they transfered me to that department. I asked the lady if they changed the inmate call times from 30 minutes down to 10 minutes and she told me no. I explained what happened, and she said talk to Securus because nothing has changed on their end. So, basically a run around playing a blame game on each other, or on a possible glitch. He called back an hour later still 10 minutes. Then called again around 12 and we got 30 minutes, and then again at 2 he called to tell me Field Services gave him his train schedule home, and that call was 30 minutes as well. So I don't know what to think at this point  :wc14:. I sure hope they aren't cutting us back to 10 minute calls, because for us if he were to call 3 times in a row to get our 30 minutes that would cost more then Consolidated was charging for their 30 mintues of talk time. Grrrr!  :wc96: