• December 18, 2018, 06:00:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 268828 times)

Offline BobNBecka

Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #420 on: March 17, 2013, 08:38:33 AM »
Correct

Offline Sizz

« Reply #421 on: March 18, 2013, 04:30:46 PM »
 :wc96:
               So not only do I not get phone calls since the switch because my phone number was dropped of my l/o's phone list.  To help his uncle out so my fiance could at least call him so he has someone he can call, I put money on his Uncle's account only to have it go onto my phone number's account up here.
                I cannot talk to my fiance and he has no one that he can call now AHHHHHH

:wc61:

Sorry I had to vent so I don't punch someone  :wc2:

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #422 on: March 18, 2013, 10:12:31 PM »
The first call came through today from Menard.  I looked at my account (since I wasn't the one who spoke with him) and the cost was $5.36 for a 30 minute call

Offline mikaelarose

« Reply #423 on: March 19, 2013, 01:06:12 AM »
I am lucky and haven't had a problem with Securus but I was wondering if anyone here as used the option for multiple phone number's? They say you can add numbers? How dose that work?

Offline DarkCloud

« Reply #424 on: March 19, 2013, 04:31:09 AM »
I am lucky and haven't had a problem with Securus but I was wondering if anyone here as used the option for multiple phone number's? They say you can add numbers? How dose that work?
Just call them up and tell them you want to add a number to your account. As long as that number is on his/her approved list they can call that number. The charges for any call to that number will come from the account it is set up with.

Offline chase

« Reply #425 on: March 19, 2013, 06:06:31 AM »
As far as adding multiple #'s to your account, it is easy.  I set up my account on-line and then added 3 other numbers.  No problem with them.  The problem I continue to have is sometimes when I get a call and I try to accept it by pressing 1 it will not connect.  This has only happened with my phone #.  Eventually a recording comes on that states "third party calls are not allowed".  I thought maybe it was the particular phone I was using so I tried others with the same results.  On Sunday my L/O called me three times and the calls would not go through.  He then called my cell and no problems.  I was so frustrated because this was about the fourth time it happened, I called Secrus and told them what was happening.  They could see the call logs.  The woman told me it happens and I am not the only one it happens to.  She said their phones are sensitive and when I get a call I should go into a quiet room so as not to get any background noise.  I responded I am the only one home and there was not even a TV on and I answered my cell phone in the same location.  Urghh....anyway I kept asking for a solution and she said they cannot look into it because it only happened three times that day and their criteria is it needs to happen five times in a day/row for them to put a ticket in to look for a solution.  So long story shorter....I will tell my L/O is he calls and the calls is not being accepted to call SIX times in a row and then I can call and have them put in a ticket.  It is so frustrating for my L/O to have to do this and same on my end.  I would just have him call my cell all the time however I get sketchy service on my cell at home in the winter and no service in the summer.  the only thing I can say about Consolidated is I never had this issue.  Sercus is much easier to use and cheaper but I want my calls to go through.

Thanks for listening, I know I just ranted.
Waiting on the East Coast

Offline Eileen33us

« Reply #426 on: March 19, 2013, 07:22:55 AM »
Robinson is starting Securus on the 25th, so I set up an account and when I logged in it says my facility is Big Muddy and my calls are blocked! grrrrr :wc4:

I guess I will have to call customer service when I get time and get it straightened out. I'm just annoyed, we only have a little over 4 months to go and now I gotta jump through all these hoops to get a new phone account going. Sorry rant over.

Has anyone else had the wrong facility come up on their account?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #427 on: March 19, 2013, 07:30:00 AM »
Robinson is starting Securus on the 25th, so I set up an account and when I logged in it says my facility is Big Muddy and my calls are blocked! grrrrr :wc4:

I guess I will have to call customer service when I get time and get it straightened out. I'm just annoyed, we only have a little over 4 months to go and now I gotta jump through all these hoops to get a new phone account going. Sorry rant over.

Has anyone else had the wrong facility come up on their account?

Everyone who sets up an account and their facility has not yet been hooked up, says Big Muddy, it will change once your facility is connected.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Eileen33us

« Reply #428 on: March 19, 2013, 07:40:34 AM »
Thanks Mah, I was hoping that was the case! Yay!

Offline belliott76

« Reply #429 on: March 19, 2013, 11:11:47 AM »
I just received a call from my lo.we was talking an out of the blue I couldn't hear him no more.I had to hang up an him call back.its never done this before to us but he said that a lot of men have been having the same issues.

Offline brooke89

« Reply #430 on: March 19, 2013, 04:00:17 PM »
So is it normal that when their new phones get put in, but the switch hasnt happened yet for the phones to suck!? I could barely here my l/o & he said they had just gotten the new phones but they dont swich from consolidated to securus till the 27th.

Offline humbird37

« Reply #431 on: March 19, 2013, 04:47:28 PM »
The phone calls were garbled a lot of the time at Big Muddy too....for several weeks. After many complaints, new "headphones" guess inside the telephone, were replaced, and now, so far, the calls are clear.
Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!

Offline Serb735

• Always, Forever & Unconditionally
« Reply #432 on: March 19, 2013, 04:56:55 PM »
FINALLY got a call from my baby!  :wc1: :wc1: :wc1: The call was clear, I had no problems hearing him. Just got the call about 15 min ago, I couldnt talk to him the whole time though because I am at work, but he did say that he was in line for 2 hours to get on, so the phones are extremely backed up. None the less, it was phenomenal to finally hear his voice again!!  :wc50:

Offline mikaelarose

« Reply #433 on: March 19, 2013, 05:27:14 PM »
Great news Serb!

Offline tess38

« Reply #434 on: March 19, 2013, 05:29:27 PM »
Does anyone know when Hill will do the switch over?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #435 on: March 19, 2013, 05:50:02 PM »
Does anyone know when Hill will do the switch over?

According to IDOC website:

Hill     3/20/13
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline MissAndrea

« Reply #436 on: March 19, 2013, 05:59:39 PM »
The first call came through today from Menard.  I looked at my account (since I wasn't the one who spoke with him) and the cost was $5.36 for a 30 minute call

So glad you were finally able to talk to him! :) Check this out, my Boo called me last night. Like right after my post in the LD thread. Anyway, I only had $10 on my account. We talked for 30 minutes. Securus called me today to inform me that my account was below $10 and I should add money. I didn't. Then, on my way home from work this afternoon,  he called me. We talked for maybe 15 minutes and then the call was dropped. I figured that was going to be that because I was under the impression that the call would be the same price no matter how long you talk and that would've meant my account was empty. Well, he called back and we were able to talk for 30 minutes. I have NO idea how.

And then during our last call, we hear "No third party calls allowed". I thought for sure the call would disconnect, but it didn't. We were like, huh? I wasn't attempting to make a 3-way call. My phone doesn't even have that option. So maybe background noise was the cause.

I'm just so happy to finally get a call. 7 weeks was entirely too long w/o any calls.
~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.

Offline DarkCloud

« Reply #437 on: March 19, 2013, 06:06:10 PM »
The first call came through today from Menard.  I looked at my account (since I wasn't the one who spoke with him) and the cost was $5.36 for a 30 minute call

So glad you were finally able to talk to him! :) Check this out, my Boo called me last night. Like right after my post in the LD thread. Anyway, I only had $10 on my account. We talked for 30 minutes. Securus called me today to inform me that my account was below $10 and I should add money. I didn't. Then he called me again on my way home from work. We talked for maybe 15 minutes and then the call was dropped. I figured that was going to be that because I was under the impression that the call would be the same price no matter how long you talk. Well, he called back and we were able to talk for 30 minutes. I have NO idea how.

And then during our last call, we hear "No third party calls allowed". I thought for sure the call would disconnect, but it didn't. We were like, huh? I wasn't attempting to make a 3-way call. My phone doesn't even have that option. So maybe background noise was the cause.

I'm just so happy to finally get a call. 7 weeks was entirely too long w/o any calls.
It sometimes takes Securus a while to debit your account so you WILL end up paying for those calls. If you  have an online account you should check it and see what the balance is. If it says an amount but also says that your account is blocked then that is the amount you owe Securus for the calls.
FOR EXAMPLE: The balance on your account won't have a -$5.58, it will say $5.58 and your account will be blocked. The block will be lifted when you clear the debt.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #438 on: March 19, 2013, 06:15:44 PM »
Is IDOC/Securus allowing International calls now?

Offline MissAndrea

« Reply #439 on: March 19, 2013, 06:34:06 PM »

So glad you were finally able to talk to him! :) Check this out, my Boo called me last night. Like right after my post in the LD thread. Anyway, I only had $10 on my account. We talked for 30 minutes. Securus called me today to inform me that my account was below $10 and I should add money. I didn't. Then he called me again on my way home from work. We talked for maybe 15 minutes and then the call was dropped. I figured that was going to be that because I was under the impression that the call would be the same price no matter how long you talk. Well, he called back and we were able to talk for 30 minutes. I have NO idea how.

It sometimes takes Securus a while to debit your account so you WILL end up paying for those calls. If you  have an online account you should check it and see what the balance is. If it says an amount but also says that your account is blocked then that is the amount you owe Securus for the calls.
FOR EXAMPLE: The balance on your account won't have a -$5.58, it will say $5.58 and your account will be blocked. The block will be lifted when you clear the debt.

Thanks for the info! In looking at my account, it's blocked and showing a balance. I don't mind. I'm just happy I was able to talk with a negative balance.
~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.