• December 12, 2018, 11:16:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 267847 times)

Offline ricksgirl09

Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #400 on: March 12, 2013, 11:36:54 PM »
 For IRCC it shows up 866-718-4777 when he called today.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #401 on: March 13, 2013, 06:47:14 AM »
Okay I was on my second day of calling both Secures and IDOC as to why my L/O calls still are not going through eventhough they went through on Thursday and Friday morning at GCWC.  The guy in internal affairs at Jacksonville said my number is no long on the list and that he would get hold of the counselor at GCWC and get him to fill out a new list then when they get mail from GCWC over to Jacksonville he will submit the list again and hopefully Secures will get it but it may take a few days.  My only problem is that he is being released on Friday so The way IDOC works I probably wont even get a call from him before I pick him up:( I am so disappointed.  I believe Secures dropped the ball on the men at GCWC.  Has anyone from GCWC gotten a call from their loved ones at all this week?

If you have not heard from him, I would call his counselor about the phone situation and possibly they would allow him one call to let you know times etc for friday, if you are picking him up.  It's worth the try.

Congrats on your LO getting out and let's hope the problem that some are having with the lists gets fixed soon, for all!

Thank you to all for keeping everyone up to date on how to set this whole process up and when a prison does switch over, paying it forward.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline alldrest

« Reply #402 on: March 13, 2013, 03:23:22 PM »
From Vandalia the number on caller ID was 1-866-847-1251!

Offline mz.thickie32

« Reply #403 on: March 13, 2013, 08:50:37 PM »
I finally got a call today he said their phones didn'T get switched until later yesterday... :wc7: :wc22:

Offline Nichole

« Reply #404 on: March 13, 2013, 09:30:04 PM »
Westerns new phones were installed today. The switch is to take place on the 27th.    :wc89:

Offline NuNu192417

« Reply #405 on: March 13, 2013, 10:17:02 PM »
Menard Medium Facility is FINALLY up and running!!!  :wc22:   Got a call from my baby today!!!  :wc50:

Offline Jeannie

Re: Vandalia and Securus
« Reply #406 on: March 13, 2013, 11:05:32 PM »
Has anyone heard if they successfully set up Securus at Vandalia today? It was supposed to be set up. My LO's list has not been approved yet, but just wondering if they are on schedule so when I do get calls I will know where to expect them from. I have money on consolidated and securus to make sure.

Hi, sorry kinda late on this post but just incase, I thought I'd reply to you. Mine is in Vandalia as well and it finally switched over yesterday and I got his call around 3 pm. He told me yesterday and again tonight that some men are still having issues getting through to their l/o's because of phone lists. He wasn't to sure on what was going on with the phone lists...not being submitted properly, or on time, he just don't know. He did say tonight that some guys who couldn't get through yesterday did finally today, but still have alot of guys waiting. I hope you got your call. If you haven't hang in there it should be really soon. Seems like phone lists are being worked on. I had an account with Securus before while he was in county, so maybe that's why we didn't have any problems.

Offline kadamsbiggs

« Reply #407 on: March 13, 2013, 11:57:35 PM »
Okay I was on my second day of calling both Secures and IDOC as to why my L/O calls still are not going through eventhough they went through on Thursday and Friday morning at GCWC.  The guy in internal affairs at Jacksonville said my number is no long on the list and that he would get hold of the counselor at GCWC and get him to fill out a new list then when they get mail from GCWC over to Jacksonville he will submit the list again and hopefully Secures will get it but it may take a few days.  My only problem is that he is being released on Friday so The way IDOC works I probably wont even get a call from him before I pick him up:( I am so disappointed.  I believe Secures dropped the ball on the men at GCWC.  Has anyone from GCWC gotten a call from their loved ones at all this week?

If you have not heard from him, I would call his counselor about the phone situation and possibly they would allow him one call to let you know times etc for Friday, if you are picking him up.  It's worth the try.

Congrats on your LO getting out and let's hope the problem that some are having with the lists gets fixed soon, for all!

Thank you to all for keeping everyone up to date on how to set this whole process up and when a prison does switch over, paying it forward.

I did finally get a call from my L/O this evening but it wasn't through Secures.  He was aloud to call me from the prison phone at GCWC to give me the details of his release on Friday.  I am so thankful they let him do this, it gave me some peace of mind that he is okay and everything is as scheduled for Friday.  He said many of the men had to resubmit their calling list and the counselor faxed them over to Jacksonville today and the internal affairs gentleman has faxed all of them to Secures for set up.  I would suggest that any one with a L/O at GCWC start calling Secures tomorrow and see if they have received the list and are getting them entered into their system so you can receive calls from your L/O.

I am so happy this nightmare is nearly over.  I can't wait to walk out the door of the prison with him in my arms on Friday!!!! :wc50:

Offline BobNBecka

« Reply #408 on: March 14, 2013, 12:42:12 AM »
So excited for u...can't wait till I'm at that day with my hubby....still 2 yrs to go :(

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #409 on: March 14, 2013, 07:01:10 AM »
kadamsbiggs, glad you got to talk to your husband and Congrats on his coming home tomorrow! Glad this part of his journey is almost over, the best to you both.

17 more days and hopefully everyone is switched over and let's hope smoothly! 

Hoping everyone gets to talk to their LO's soon!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline kadamsbiggs

« Reply #410 on: March 14, 2013, 09:54:38 AM »
Thank you.  It is very difficult to concentrate at work today.  My mind keeps wondering this is going to be the longest day in my life! :stp2:

Offline robin in ohio

« Reply #411 on: March 14, 2013, 11:46:01 AM »
Just got my first call from my babe with the new phones...he's in Lawrence so the change with phones there has been made  :wc1:  The number that came up on his call was 866-718-4777

Offline cinlu87

« Reply #412 on: March 14, 2013, 12:24:19 PM »
 My hubby called me today,he is in Lawrence too.  Still same old phones....he had to knock it on the walk once so I could hear him....at least it is much much cheaper now!!

Offline lizzybizzy

« Reply #413 on: March 14, 2013, 07:20:10 PM »
Just to let everyone EMCC PHones got switched today. Just got a call from my husband and they switched the lines over a day early!! Wooohooo :stp2:

Offline Serb735

• Always, Forever & Unconditionally
« Reply #414 on: March 14, 2013, 07:25:32 PM »
Still nothing from GCWC  :wc96:

But a big CONGRATULATIONS is in order to kadamsbiggs!  :wc6: How exciting! I hope you can get some sleep tonight, tomorrow is going to be fantastic, I'm sure  :wc1:

Offline lori491999

« Reply #415 on: March 14, 2013, 07:30:18 PM »
Just to let everyone EMCC PHones got switched today. Just got a call from my husband and they switched the lines over a day early!! Wooohooo :stp2:

So glad I went ahead and added money today!

Offline mlb2012

« Reply #416 on: March 14, 2013, 08:14:18 PM »
Is anyone having troubles getting phone calls from Centralia?  Securus says my number isn't approved but it was through Consolidated.  I know there are similar posts like this but when I called Centralia today, they confused as well and didn't think it had anything to do with the lists.  I just don't understand how Securus or Centralia either one understand, how stupid!

Offline ace2011

« Reply #417 on: March 15, 2013, 11:25:46 AM »
mlb2012 im not having problems getting calls from Centralia but my guy said that almost everyone in the gym is having problems making phone calls. Either getting a message the number can't be called right now or number not approved. My guy is only able to call me, he can't call anyone else on his list without getting that message. I'm trying to figure out why its happening cause he wants to be able to call his family. Secures said they couldn't help me cause its not my account. I hope you figure out your problem soon, cause I know its frustrating when we can't talk to our loved ones.

Offline nanlee062

« Reply #418 on: March 15, 2013, 11:43:01 AM »
My l/o is at Centralia to and he called me Wednesday nite. Didn't have any problems getting through but had a bad connection. Couldn't hear each other very well. Hopefully they get it cleared up. Other than that everything else went well with Secure. Have a son at Logan and no problems there at all talking to him. Counting down till July 24th my honey comes home...hasn't recieved any good time though...:(

Offline mlb2012

« Reply #419 on: March 15, 2013, 04:53:56 PM »
Thanks for the info ladies.  I can't seem to get a hold of anyone that knows an answer its so irritating!  Its comforting to know there are other problems as well.  The people in the gym are the ones who just got there from the other prison closing correct?