• October 21, 2018, 10:57:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 261185 times)

Offline snshess

Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #380 on: March 11, 2013, 07:04:13 PM »
Can someone please help...i called securus 6591 # and it is all automated. How do i talk to someone? I set up automated but didnt sound right on spelling of info and i didnt even have to enter facility he is at so i did not add money.

Offline stressedmom

« Reply #381 on: March 11, 2013, 08:49:17 PM »
Can someone please help...i called securus 6591 # and it is all automated. How do i talk to someone? I set up automated but didnt sound right on spelling of info and i didnt even have to enter facility he is at so i did not add money.

I set mine up through the automated as well and when I checked online I realized they did not spell my name right.  I have tried online chat thru the web site but really long wait time and have had to leave without chatting with someone but I will keep trying.  If you got a pass code you can go online and set up as well.

My son called last night from Statesville and all went well.  The call was only $4.68, I checked online after the the call. 

Offline DarkCloud

« Reply #382 on: March 12, 2013, 08:26:32 AM »
The best way to get to talk to a live person is by choosing the options as if you wanted to place or remove a block on your line. This automatically puts you through to a live operator.

Offline mz.thickie32

« Reply #383 on: March 12, 2013, 08:29:10 AM »
 Do anybody know when do Illinois river get the switch?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #384 on: March 12, 2013, 08:30:52 AM »
Do anybody know when do Illinois river get the switch?

Illinois River     3/12/13

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=29389.0
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline mz.thickie32

« Reply #385 on: March 12, 2013, 08:32:12 AM »
 :wc11: I found it.....thanks!

Offline Sizz

« Reply #386 on: March 12, 2013, 03:22:15 PM »
 :wc17:
                Well the switch finally came for Graham on Monday and my phone number was omitted from my fiance's calling list so he can't even call. I found this out through him calling his uncle to let him know. I don't know how long it will take to get back on his approved phone list. I heard 2 months :wc4:.
                My # has been on his list for over a year and never had an issue with it before. He could always call me through ccps. Securus says it was the facility that left my number out.
                                           I am so tired of all of this....

Offline Jeannie

« Reply #387 on: March 12, 2013, 06:08:24 PM »
Just got my first call through Securus from my husband. Took them most of the day to get the switch over done, and everything sounded and went through great without a hitch. Only $4.47 for a 30 minute call and that's with tax! Plus there was no pre pay load fee either. Gotta say I'm going to love this new phone system! I was very worried when I found out Securus was taking over IDOC's phone system, because we had to use them while he was in county, and it wasn't cheap or easy to say the least going through them, but so far so good this time around!

Offline mariahleigh

« Reply #388 on: March 12, 2013, 06:34:11 PM »
:wc17:
                Well the switch finally came for Graham on Monday and my phone number was omitted from my fiance's calling list so he can't even call. I found this out through him calling his uncle to let him know. I don't know how long it will take to get back on his approved phone list. I heard 2 months :wc4:.
                My # has been on his list for over a year and never had an issue with it before. He could always call me through ccps. Securus says it was the facility that left my number out.
                                           I am so tired of all of this....

YIKES!!! I remember my LO at Graham saying that they had been told it will take about 2 months... my LO is supposed to call tomorrow. ..watch this happen to me too! He gets out in less than 2 months though but I would hate not being able to talk to him...I keep waiting for the infamous about to be released stress to hit him...and of course it would hit him after something like that happened and he couldnt even call me to talk and calm down.

Im so sorry this happened to you!!!!!!

Offline jody0122

Securis and Centralia
« Reply #389 on: March 12, 2013, 07:21:27 PM »
When I had called securis 2 weeks ago they said I was approved for traditional collect account and approved for set amount and would be billed as in past through my phone company .Today when I called they told me even though the automated system states I am approved for traditional account that they discontinued this 2 weeks ago and now everything is prepaid or direct bill that you have to submit to a credit check .So now I do not know if I will be able to receive calls tomorrow We have a guardianship issue of his children that he is not aware of so I was hoping the call would go through tomorrow Please help Other sites that already have securis , is this accurate information?   

Offline Pbj

Vandalia and Securus
« Reply #390 on: March 12, 2013, 07:38:30 PM »
Has anyone heard if they successfully set up Securus at Vandalia today? It was supposed to be set up. My LO's list has not been approved yet, but just wondering if they are on schedule so when I do get calls I will know where to expect them from. I have money on consolidated and securus to make sure.

Offline mz.thickie32

« Reply #391 on: March 12, 2013, 08:03:35 PM »
Do anybody have a l/o at Illinois river  that has called them today..I called securus and they told me that their phone were complete today and I don't know should I put money on consolidated or securus.

Offline ricksgirl09

« Reply #392 on: March 12, 2013, 08:14:32 PM »
IRCC switched over today just got a call from my l/o!

Offline mz.thickie32

« Reply #393 on: March 12, 2013, 08:17:57 PM »
Thanks...I know what to do now...are the prices wha they say they are?

Offline ricksgirl09

« Reply #394 on: March 12, 2013, 08:23:28 PM »
Yeah it was 4.65 (about that) and we talked for 22 mins

Offline mz.thickie32

« Reply #395 on: March 12, 2013, 08:38:27 PM »
Thank u...I can't wait to talk to him!!!!

Offline kadamsbiggs

« Reply #396 on: March 12, 2013, 09:43:39 PM »
Okay I was on my second day of calling both Secures and IDOC as to why my L/O calls still are not going through eventhough they went through on Thursday and Friday morning at GCWC.  The guy in internal affairs at Jacksonville said my number is no long on the list and that he would get hold of the counselor at GCWC and get him to fill out a new list then when they get mail from GCWC over to Jacksonville he will submit the list again and hopefully Secures will get it but it may take a few days.  My only problem is that he is being released on Friday so The way IDOC works I probably wont even get a call from him before I pick him up:( I am so disappointed.  I believe Secures dropped the ball on the men at GCWC.  Has anyone from GCWC gotten a call from their loved ones at all this week?

Offline Amanda.Marks

• Waiting... <3
  • He is my forever....
« Reply #397 on: March 12, 2013, 10:03:10 PM »
Got an automated call from R in IRCC... just set up my account! Fingers crossed we talk tomorrow and it's much cheaper! Goodness knows I can't afford these expensive calls!!!
The thought of being with you tomorrow, gives me the strength to go on today.

Offline BobNBecka

« Reply #398 on: March 12, 2013, 10:19:59 PM »
No calls from Jacksonville here either.  I called Securs, and he's been calling many times a day.  Secrus hasn't gotten any numbers from Jacksonville for most inmates.  I talked to Internal Affairs today at Jacksonville and he said if they had lists before, it will take a couple days for them to be re-submitted.  He was working on it all day.  I talked to a cousleor and she had no idea what was going on...argh.  Still no calls....VERY aggravating!!!

Offline mariahleigh

« Reply #399 on: March 12, 2013, 11:19:33 PM »
Ladies who have gotten calls...I dont talk to mine till tomorrow but I was curious...what does securus show up as on caller ID?