• October 21, 2018, 11:32:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 261214 times)

Offline Jeannie

Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #360 on: March 10, 2013, 04:24:04 PM »
Just an update... My payment was processed, loaded, and my husband and I already talked. I'd call Consolidated in the morning tomorrow if you still don't have your minutes. Be prepared to have a long wait time, and possibly getting their answering service, and having to call over and over again until you can get through to customer service. Good Luck!

Offline Jeannie

« Reply #361 on: March 10, 2013, 04:26:04 PM »
Finally loaded 6 hours after the start of the day and even though it was put on yesterday lol

Glad to hear!

Offline Jeannie

« Reply #362 on: March 10, 2013, 04:32:04 PM »
:wc13:  So...... Is Graham suppose to switch on the 12th or the 27th?????

Unless I've missed something in early posts, IDOC's website says Graham is 3/7. Call the facility if you are unsure, they should know. My husbands facility posted a memo for the guys to make them aware of the switch over on the 12th for Vandalia.

Offline MrsW

« Reply #363 on: March 10, 2013, 04:34:32 PM »
I had to put my husband and me on a time out.. since the switch on Thursday evening we've had 11 - 30 minute calls.. not talking to him yet today is killing me, I miss him so much.. but he will be calling tonight.. Guys on his galley at Statesville are having problems getting calls through, every day I'm calling at least one or more girl/wife/mom to relate messages.. they gave them a couple day notice about the switch!

Offline MrsW

« Reply #364 on: March 10, 2013, 04:37:39 PM »
I've never had any problems with consolidated on any day. I've put money on my phone a lot of times on the weekend and always there within a couple hours. I really hate DOC is switching.

I think a lot of people are frustrated over the transition not going as smooth as possible.. but c'mon talking 30 minutes for nearly half the cost.. what's to hate?

Offline BobNBecka

« Reply #365 on: March 10, 2013, 04:54:20 PM »
My hubby is in Jacksonville and its the same problem...I called securis and they said his list wasn't there at all.  Glad I'm not the only one....and he's been trying to call according my account.

Offline mariahleigh

« Reply #366 on: March 10, 2013, 05:55:47 PM »
:wc13:  So...... Is Graham suppose to switch on the 12th or the 27th?????

Unless I've missed something in early posts, IDOC's website says Graham is 3/7. Call the facility if you are unsure, they should know. My husbands facility posted a memo for the guys to make them aware of the switch over on the 12th for Vandalia.

Yes ma'am you are correct. It was supposed to be 3/7 but was delayed...I posted previously about my battle having to call both companies bc concolidated didnt even know they still had Graham but Securus apparently didnt know they had phones installed there yet even lol such a mess...so its still delayed

Offline precious0573

« Reply #367 on: March 10, 2013, 07:17:47 PM »
Received a call from my boyfriend from East Moline today...guess they got the new phones installed, so hopefully the switch will go as planned on the 15th!  The connection seemed ALOT better!  Keeping fingers crossed for a smooth transition...dont want to give Consolidated any more of my money!!  Looking forward to cheaper phone calls...every little bit helps  :wc7:

Offline pmilver

« Reply #368 on: March 11, 2013, 02:01:26 AM »
My son has been at East Moline for 30 days and still no call from him.  I know his list was approved on the 14 of Feb and he still has no PIN!  Hopefully, when the switch occurs we will be able to talk to him.  Except for one visit, we haven't been able to talk to him for 6 weeks and 2 days.  This is absolutely ridiculous and pisses me off.

Offline BobNBecka

« Reply #369 on: March 11, 2013, 08:19:40 AM »
I just called Jacksonville about the phones and the councelor said it would b sometime this week to get the phones switched!!!

Offline babyonway1225

« Reply #370 on: March 11, 2013, 10:11:53 AM »
I just received a call from securus. An automated person was telling me that my balance was under 10 dollars. That was unexpected and nice because I don't keep track of how much we have. So far I have no complaints, gotta say this service is pretty great.

Offline pmilver

« Reply #371 on: March 11, 2013, 11:02:55 AM »
My son has been at East Moline for 31 days and still no phone contact.  East Moline told me his approved phone list was turned in to Consolidated on Feb 14th.  I called Consolidated this AM in reference to my son's PIN.  A very nice woman there told me that they (Consolidated) were told not to give any new PINs to any inmate who was in a prison where the switch would take place within 10 days.  There have been delays at several prisons and there is no assurance there won't be a delay in the switch at East Moline (though I am hoping the switch will take place as planned on the 15th).  This is so maddening and frustrating and upsetting.  Even if my son can call the day the switch is supposed to take place, it will have been over 7 weeks since we have been able to talk to him on the phone.  I am not too hopeful that he will be able to call the first day of the switch anyway.  Since we live 960 miles away, we have only been able to visit once.  This has made communication impossible for over 7 weeks.  He sends us letters that we get in 2 or 3 days.  We send him stuff he might or might not get for 3 or 4 weeks.  I am beside myself about this but nothing I can do but wait and hope.  I am beyond anger now.  I am just extremely sad. 

Offline mariahleigh

« Reply #372 on: March 11, 2013, 03:37:20 PM »
My son has been at East Moline for 31 days and still no phone contact.  East Moline told me his approved phone list was turned in to Consolidated on Feb 14th.  I called Consolidated this AM in reference to my son's PIN.  A very nice woman there told me that they (Consolidated) were told not to give any new PINs to any inmate who was in a prison where the switch would take place within 10 days.  There have been delays at several prisons and there is no assurance there won't be a delay in the switch at East Moline (though I am hoping the switch will take place as planned on the 15th).  This is so maddening and frustrating and upsetting.  Even if my son can call the day the switch is supposed to take place, it will have been over 7 weeks since we have been able to talk to him on the phone.  I am not too hopeful that he will be able to call the first day of the switch anyway.  Since we live 960 miles away, we have only been able to visit once.  This has made communication impossible for over 7 weeks.  He sends us letters that we get in 2 or 3 days.  We send him stuff he might or might not get for 3 or 4 weeks.  I am beside myself about this but nothing I can do but wait and hope.  I am beyond anger now.  I am just extremely sad. 

My heart hurts for you {{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} I hope your switch goes as planned!!!!!

Offline Serb735

• Always, Forever & Unconditionally
« Reply #373 on: March 11, 2013, 04:07:02 PM »
I just called Jacksonville about the phones and the councelor said it would b sometime this week to get the phones switched!!!

This week? I was told on Saturday that they'd be fixed by today... ::sigh::

Offline mariahleigh

« Reply #374 on: March 11, 2013, 04:50:12 PM »

This week? I was told on Saturday that they'd be fixed by today... ::sigh::

Honestly I dont think the counselors know....I dont think the poor customer service reps at consilidated or securus know...the only people that half know whats going on are those who are out in the field fixing the issues and doing installs and they arent relaying any true info back to customer service reps to tell the customers.

Offline Serb735

« Reply #375 on: March 11, 2013, 05:10:53 PM »
I just spoke to another lieutenant at GCWC and he told me that none of the inmates are able to make calls, and that they are "working on it". I asked if he had an ETA and he said no. Hopefully this week. I know this is driving everyone involved crazy! Myself included.

Offline BobNBecka

« Reply #376 on: March 11, 2013, 05:29:58 PM »
Ya they told me 'this week's when I called at 815 this morning....argh.

My hubby just got there and we have to wait for my probabtion officer to ok the visit and their warden...so I can't go c him yet either.  The wardens office said I could later this week...but no phone either is drivime nuts!!!

Offline Serb735

« Reply #377 on: March 11, 2013, 05:45:33 PM »
Ya they told me 'this week's when I called at 815 this morning....argh.

My hubby just got there and we have to wait for my probabtion officer to ok the visit and their warden...so I can't go c him yet either.  The wardens office said I could later this week...but no phone either is drivime nuts!!!

I haven't seen my LO since 6/2009 so phone time is all we have! So frustrating.

Offline summerbeck

« Reply #378 on: March 11, 2013, 06:23:45 PM »
Graham is up and running

Offline mariahleigh

« Reply #379 on: March 11, 2013, 06:49:32 PM »
Graham is up and running

Omg are u serious!!!!!!! :wc6: