• October 21, 2018, 11:18:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 261205 times)

Offline MrsW

Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #340 on: March 07, 2013, 08:56:07 PM »
Stateville is up and running, just had 2 - 30 minute calls, checked my acct balance and each call was 4.68.. way better than Consolidated.. and no interruption to say "you're talking to an inmate" like it does from the county jail.. I love it..

Offline whimmer

« Reply #341 on: March 07, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »
Spoke to my LO tonight and it was through Securus so Jacksonville has been successfully switched. :wc22:

Offline mariahleigh

« Reply #342 on: March 08, 2013, 08:53:27 AM »
As of right now Securus still does not have Graham but consolidated was showing they took it and 5 others yesterday. At securus they told me they dont even have phones fully installed yet...yet my loved one has been calling me on their phones but through consolidated for weeks....so finally I CALLED consolidated and she said they owe me a refund....I told them that Securus says they still have Graham. The lady at consolidated was shocked and even did a test call to my number like it was from my LO and sure enough they still have them at this moment...she had to inform her supervisor because they had no idea...she said they also were never informed by Securus of the other delays either. So if you have an LO in Graham you still can add money. Just call them... they can even do a test call to make sure they still have it...she said her supervisor said she will directly contact securus because they were never informed that it didnt switch yet. Now I called them after much time on the phone with Securus who basically told me they didnt have them and if consolidated didnt have them then they just wouldnt have phone service...which made no sense to me because someone has to have them lol.. craziness

Offline batesfam6

« Reply #343 on: March 08, 2013, 02:19:42 PM »
When I called to get my refund, they gave me the $10 and the. $3 fee back as well.. took four days to have it put back on my debit card..

Offline NuNu192417

« Reply #344 on: March 08, 2013, 06:07:41 PM »
Menard was supposed to switch over today. Anyone receive a phone call?

Miss Andrea- thats what my LO said (about the switch for Menard) BUT when he called yesterday it was Consolidated!!! I only had .06 cents so I couldnt answer! :( So idk..hopefully when he calls today it wil be Securus but just in case I put some more Money on my Consolidated account. I checked the IDOC website and I never saw the date that Menard wss suppose to switch on there. I called Securus today and the rep told me that the switch should be complete and that the only thing I should be waiting on is a call from my LO. ..Hoping it works today!!

Offline pats

« Reply #345 on: March 09, 2013, 11:36:35 AM »
Does anyone know how and when we are getting a refund from Consolidated?  I just loaded up our account before I heard about this switch.  Too bad no one told us ahead of time.  Another relative just opened a prepaid account and put money on it the week before.  If they knew they were not going to handle the prison, wouldn't it have been nice if they had told us??

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #346 on: March 09, 2013, 02:02:37 PM »
Does anyone know how and when we are getting a refund from Consolidated?  I just loaded up our account before I heard about this switch.  Too bad no one told us ahead of time.  Another relative just opened a prepaid account and put money on it the week before.  If they knew they were not going to handle the prison, wouldn't it have been nice if they had told us??

We have been trying to tell everyone for months now.  Sorry you didn't see these topics here on IPT until now.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Serb735

• Always, Forever & Unconditionally
« Reply #347 on: March 09, 2013, 02:49:07 PM »
I am so confused!  :wc14: My LO is at Greene County Work Camp (Jacksonville) and I put $ on my Securus account 3 days ago, and they keep calling me saying that there is no money on the account, but when I check via the automated system it says there is money on there. I have also been informed that he has made several attempts to call me, yet I have not gotten a single call! I sat on hold for 20 minutes to speak to a person, and she informed me that the message they are getting is that it's a phone list error?! I have been on his phone list for the whole 4 years he has been gone, what has changed now? It is so frustrating! Has anyone else experienced this? The woman I spoke with at Securus told me to contact the facility, who should I speak with? A counselor? I will obviously have to inform him of this via snail mail but I would like to get this taken care of ASAP! Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Offline MrsW

« Reply #348 on: March 09, 2013, 04:20:21 PM »

We have been trying to tell everyone for months now.  Sorry you didn't see these topics here on IPT until now.

I called Consolidated yesterday to request a refund, they told me it would be 3-5 business days before they issue a check to me.. not bad considering the horrible customer service over the years!

Offline punksgirl

« Reply #349 on: March 09, 2013, 05:08:40 PM »
I just received my refund from Consolidated yesterday it only took a week.

Offline Serb735

• Always, Forever & Unconditionally
« Reply #350 on: March 09, 2013, 05:17:04 PM »
I am so confused!  :wc14: My LO is at Greene County Work Camp (Jacksonville) and I put $ on my Securus account 3 days ago, and they keep calling me saying that there is no money on the account, but when I check via the automated system it says there is money on there. I have also been informed that he has made several attempts to call me, yet I have not gotten a single call! I sat on hold for 20 minutes to speak to a person, and she informed me that the message they are getting is that it's a phone list error?! I have been on his phone list for the whole 4 years he has been gone, what has changed now? It is so frustrating! Has anyone else experienced this? The woman I spoke with at Securus told me to contact the facility, who should I speak with? A counselor? I will obviously have to inform him of this via snail mail but I would like to get this taken care of ASAP! Any help is greatly appreciated!!

:wc1: :wc1: :wc1: *UPDATE* I spoke with a lieutenant at GCWC and he informed me that during the transfer there was some issues uploading the databases with phone list information, and that the glitch is scheduled to be fixed on Monday, in case anyone is experiencing this same issue. Can't wait to start getting calls again!!  :wc7:

Offline summerbeck

« Reply #351 on: March 09, 2013, 07:27:12 PM »
 :wc96: I am so frustrated !!!     My l/o is at Graham, and Consolidated is closed till Monday.  Haven't been able to talk to him since the night before they were suppose to switch over.  We usually talk talk at least once every day.  Does anyone know when they will do the switchh over?

Offline brooke89

« Reply #352 on: March 10, 2013, 03:27:10 AM »
My l/o said that yesterday they FINALLY got a phone list thing put on their bunks telling them of the switch! I was like well that was nice of them I suppose LOL but we are due for the switch over the 27th! =)

Offline kadamsbiggs

« Reply #353 on: March 10, 2013, 10:16:23 AM »
Does anyone know if there is a problem with the phones at Green County Work Camp?  My L/O calls me everyday and I did not get a call from him yesterday.  I am panicing because he is to be released the firday and I know a lot of the men there are starting to pull his strings so he gets in trouble and therefore trying to get his sentence extended.  He has told me he is sticking to his room and not even going to chow to avoid any confrontations but I worry for him everyday and no not getting a phone call worries me even more!!!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #354 on: March 10, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
Does anyone know if there is a problem with the phones at Green County Work Camp?  My L/O calls me everyday and I did not get a call from him yesterday.  I am panicing because he is to be released the firday and I know a lot of the men there are starting to pull his strings so he gets in trouble and therefore trying to get his sentence extended.  He has told me he is sticking to his room and not even going to chow to avoid any confrontations but I worry for him everyday and no not getting a phone call worries me even more!!!

Yes there is and it's been posted on here yesterday in this topic, just read back a few posts.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline mariahleigh

« Reply #355 on: March 10, 2013, 10:54:50 AM »
Does anyone know if consolidated processes payments on sunday...it says "daily" between 7am and 7pm and I made payment yesterday between those times (which I have done before and it was processed that day) well it didnt get processed yesterday and still isnt on there yet today....but it has came out of my bank account...

Offline nanlee062

« Reply #356 on: March 10, 2013, 01:37:12 PM »
I've never had any problems with consolidated on any day. I've put money on my phone a lot of times on the weekend and always there within a couple hours. I really hate DOC is switching.

Offline Jeannie

« Reply #357 on: March 10, 2013, 02:41:46 PM »
I sure hope they fix that for you quickly. I've never had a problem either. Kinda on pins and needles now, because I just loaded enough for one more call on Consolidated for us for today. I did this 30 minutes ago. I sure hope it gets put on our account. Securus takes over on the 12th. I'm already set up and loaded for them. Just needed a call for today to get through. I've got the missing him bad today. I'll post in a few hours if mine was loaded properly or not.

Offline mariahleigh

« Reply #358 on: March 10, 2013, 04:05:41 PM »
Finally loaded 6 hours after the start of the day and even though it was put on yesterday lol

Offline summerbeck

« Reply #359 on: March 10, 2013, 04:11:51 PM »
 :wc13:  So...... Is Graham suppose to switch on the 12th or the 27th?????