• December 12, 2018, 11:10:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 267845 times)

Offline me

• Support Staff
Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #320 on: March 07, 2013, 11:28:58 AM »
Stateville is scheduled to switch over today, when my husband called this morning @ 9:30 it was still Consolidated, we burned up our last 10.00 dollars.

My question is this, on the sites that were slated to be switched, has it happened on the date IDOC has posted? I'm not sure if I should put another 20.00 on Consolidated, cause I know if he can't call me tonight, he'll be down in the dumps..

From the info I read on this post alone the dates on the IDOC site are right on the money with the exception of Logan & Lincoln, they were delayed due to "technical difficulties". On the day the change happens there is a 2 hr delay from when Consolidated ends and Securus starts, Securus came on at Logan at 8am yesterday morning according to my L/O. Hope this helps =)

I think it might happen a little later in the day..... late morning or early afternoon. At Logan,  yesterday at 8:45 am was still on Consolidated when my l/o called to wish me a Happy Birthday.  While we were talking they announced they were turning off the phones for the switch.  

Offline chadsangel4

« Reply #321 on: March 07, 2013, 12:37:44 PM »
I was getting ready to ask the same question about the switch.  When my LO called at 9:30 (IL time) it was still Consolidated.  I know he was probably sad because I had 9 cents on there but I have $40 waiting on Securus.  I hope he calls back later and the switch is made!! 
\\\"To take a life when a life has been lost is revenge, not justice.\\\"
-Desmond Tutu

Offline MrsW

« Reply #322 on: March 07, 2013, 12:57:06 PM »
I was getting ready to ask the same question about the switch.  When my LO called at 9:30 (IL time) it was still Consolidated.  I know he was probably sad because I had 9 cents on there but I have $40 waiting on Securus.  I hope he calls back later and the switch is made!! 

OMG we're twins, just to play it safe I went ahead and tied up another 20.00 on Consolidated, when I checked our balance we also had 9 cents lol I called the prison, but like usual they couldn't tell me anything solid, the counselor I spoke to told me the switch has happened, yet when my husband called it came through Consolidated, so she tells me, "well maybe their just allowing you to use whatever money you had left on that account".. DOH.. how the heck can a phone make a determination of where you have funds. So bottom line, they don't have a clue!!

Offline mariahleigh

« Reply #323 on: March 07, 2013, 01:09:07 PM »
Graham is supposed to switch today but they told me my online account would switch from Old muddy river to graham when the switch took place? ?? I haven't seen it switch yet soooo I dont know *fingers crossed*  bc I have no money left on consolidated and he should call tomorrow....guess if I dont see anyone post here that they are gettin calks from graham or it doesnt switch on securus account I will add 20a tiny bit more to consolidated tonight...so if anyone gets a call from graham then post if its switched please...ill be stalkin these threads bc id hate to have to add then go through refund process

Offline MrsW

« Reply #324 on: March 07, 2013, 01:37:38 PM »
My brat aka husband just called again, Stateville is still coming through Consolidated   :wc5:

Offline chadsangel4

« Reply #325 on: March 07, 2013, 01:47:35 PM »
My LO just tried again and yep, Stateville still has Consolidated.  I refuse to add more money so he is just going to have to keep trying until it switches.  I just knew this wasn't going to go smoothly.  Ugh!
-Desmond Tutu

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #326 on: March 07, 2013, 01:50:21 PM »
Graham is supposed to switch today but they told me my online account would switch from Old muddy river to graham when the switch took place? ?? I haven't seen it switch yet soooo I dont know *fingers crossed*  bc I have no money left on consolidated and he should call tomorrow....guess if I dont see anyone post here that they are gettin calks from graham or it doesnt switch on securus account I will add 20a tiny bit more to consolidated tonight...so if anyone gets a call from graham then post if its switched please...ill be stalkin these threads bc id hate to have to add then go through refund process

It will switch online once you accept a call from Graham. 

Offline mikaelarose

« Reply #327 on: March 07, 2013, 02:12:30 PM »
Pittsfield is suppose to change over today as well but my son just called and it went through Consolidated  we used the rest of the money on account hope it switches today

Offline mariahleigh

« Reply #328 on: March 07, 2013, 02:33:55 PM »

It will switch online once you accept a call from Graham. 

Thanks...thats what they said but you know...my experience dealing with many companies is sometimes you do not get correct info so thanks for confirming that for me

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #329 on: March 07, 2013, 02:59:28 PM »
Your welcome.  I was worried about the same thing with Logan and it never changed until yesterday after I got my first call. 

Offline nikkibaby26

« Reply #330 on: March 07, 2013, 03:54:17 PM »
Just got a call from my L/O, Logan is officially switched over!! The call was 30 mins, the rate is $4.68. Glad the switch has happened, now if the can keep him in Lincoln I would be a happy camper!!!

I got my call from Logan too.  System works great!  

I didnt get one from my L/O at Logan, hopefully today:(

:wc30: nikkibaby......

My l/o told me he was actually lucky to get the phone last night.  There was a long line of people trying to call home because they got their pack out slips.  
Hopefully you will get your call today.  :)

Thakn you <3 He actually called me during my lunch break:)
“When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you... When I met you, I was afraid to kiss you... When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you... Now that I love you, I'm afraid to lose you.”

Offline nikkibaby26

« Reply #331 on: March 07, 2013, 03:59:06 PM »

My L/O said it was early afternoon at Logan, cause he usually calls me on lunch between 1130am-1230pm and said he couldnt cause they had to wait 2 hours
“When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you... When I met you, I was afraid to kiss you... When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you... Now that I love you, I'm afraid to lose you.”

Offline MrsW

« Reply #332 on: March 07, 2013, 06:13:45 PM »
I just had a live chat conversation with a tech at Securus, I'll paste below.. I altered my name:

Eric: Thank you for contacting Securus Correctional Billing Services. My name is Eric. How may I help you?
 Eric: I'd be happy to check the facility status for you today.
 Me: Hi
 Me: Stateville prison was slated to be switched over today from Consolidated to Securis, can you tell me if the switch has occurred
 Me: I want to budget my money, I need to know if I should deposit more funds on Consolidated
 Eric: Unfortunately we are showing the install for this site is still pending. It may take anywhere up until the end of the week.
 Me: okay thanks

I should have asked what he meant by "end of the week", hopefully that means tomorrow!!

Offline chadsangel4

« Reply #333 on: March 07, 2013, 06:25:12 PM »
UGH!! Now I don't know what to do.  Should I wait it out or should I put more money on Consolidated?  I won't be able to talk to him until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest.  After that, I won't be able to talk to him until Monday.  I don't want to have to wait for a refund if I put money on tonight or tomorrow money and then have the call come through Securus.  I am so frustrated!   :wc4:
-Desmond Tutu

Offline MrsW

« Reply #334 on: March 07, 2013, 06:43:28 PM »
We have enough left on Consolidated for one call, I figure if they don't make the switch by late tomorrow afternoon, I'll add a little so we're able to talk over the weekend.. this is getting so annoying with the 3.00 processing fee + tax Consolidated charges.

Offline MissAndrea

« Reply #335 on: March 07, 2013, 06:48:19 PM »
Menard was supposed to switch over today. Anyone receive a phone call?
~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.

Offline mariahleigh

« Reply #336 on: March 07, 2013, 06:59:57 PM »
Well I thought about putting more money on consolidated but when I went to their website like 10 mins ago it said they didnt have an account with ny number...but on the call in line to check balance they could give me my balanfe...which is like 14 cents...so im gonna wait an hour and try the website again and make sure they arent just having some weird end of day thing (bc it says payments made between 7 am and 7 pm will be processed same day) and it was like 20 mins till 7pm soooo maybe its just that but I can *hope* its because they are getting ready to switch lol

Offline chadsangel4

« Reply #337 on: March 07, 2013, 07:05:25 PM »
I just checked mine and it said I didn't have an account either.  Stateville also does not show up on their list in order to open a new account.  I am HOPING and PRAYING  that it means tomorrow we will have Securus.  Please, please, please let that be what it is!
-Desmond Tutu

Offline mariahleigh

« Reply #338 on: March 07, 2013, 07:15:52 PM »
I just checked mine and it said I didn't have an account either.  Stateville also does not show up on their list in order to open a new account.  I am HOPING and PRAYING  that it means tomorrow we will have Securus.  Please, please, please let that be what it is!

Oh I didnt even think about checking if graham was still on their list good idea...yes please let that be what it is bc he is supposed to call tomorrow lol

Offline stressedmom

« Reply #339 on: March 07, 2013, 07:23:19 PM »
I was hoping Statesville would be switched today.  We used up out last $'s with consolidated last Thursday and I told him the switch would be today and all is set up with Securus. I miss hearing from him at least once a week.  He knows I have no $ on consolidated and I have no more to put on there either.       :wc4: