• December 12, 2018, 11:07:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 267842 times)

Offline chantygirl

Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #300 on: March 04, 2013, 04:55:25 PM »
I also spoke to a rep at Securus who told me I'd have to pay a service fee of $7.95 to place money on my phone/acct. She also told me prices range based on the various counties that an inmate is housed...I chose to wait since my l/o is being transferred to another facility and then eventually back to county jail. Then She told me for cook county jail it will be $1 to connect then .20cents a minute...ahhhh! I am SO confused by all this! Most annoying is due to the fact I work on a MAC, I can't open the securus online payment forum...so I will be paying by phone & I suppose incurring these fees?! *sigh*

Don't pay by phone.  If you mail a money order or a check to them, there is no fee.  And I wasn't charged a fee today when I put the $10 on the account (I checked my checking account online to make sure).  Deeanna told me that there is no fee to add money at this time.  That could change soon though.  She told me that it was a special deal that started in December, and they keep extending it. 

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #301 on: March 04, 2013, 05:11:46 PM »
They charged me the $7.95 also. I did it online yesterday. Tried calling them a few times waited about 10 min each time. Will try and call again in a lil bit.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #302 on: March 04, 2013, 05:42:49 PM »
:wc96:
            Well, I did set up my account and actually talked to a real person who then proceeded to tell me that "international" calls are not accepted. So I have money on my account waiting for the switchover on Wednesday and now may not be able to get calls at all!!
             Consolidated was expensive but it was there at least. Is there anyone out there out of the country that has set up an account with Securus?
                  Now I am once again stressed out over this whole phone situation. Hopefully it was just because the system is not set up yet.
                                                     :wc17:
         Keeping my fingers crossed and praying very hard that I don't lose my phone calls!

They just passed legislation allowing international calls.  I have posted about this  before on IPT.  Try this link:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=28586.0
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #303 on: March 04, 2013, 08:21:32 PM »
There was a memo posted at Logan today that after resolving the technical issues, the new switch over date is Wednesday March 6

Offline MissAndrea

« Reply #304 on: March 05, 2013, 08:38:15 PM »

After receiving the letter today, I called Securus and talked to Deeanna.  They do not allow traditional collect calls to states other than Texas.  If you do a direct bill account, you have to go through a credit check, and even if your credit is perfect, the highest amount they approve is $30/month.  I opted for the Advance Collect Prepaid Account.  There is no minimum amount (for the forseeable future).  If they do decide to put a minimum back on, there will be a minimum amount of $25 that you add at one time.  There is/and will never be a maximum amount.  You can put as much on the account as you'd like.

And I just sent a message to his father telling him he could receive collect calls the way he had with Consolidated. I guess the $30 limit would work for him, though. I highly doubt his father would come anywhere near the limit. Like jaf said, Securus would go broke depending on money from Menard.

I set up my account tonight online. It was very quick and easy and very lovely to add money w/o a fee. Now I need to contact Consolidated and get my money back.
~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #305 on: March 05, 2013, 09:55:39 PM »
You know how Menard is, MissAndrea.. I'd wait on getting money back from Consolidated until that first Securus call comes through. I can see it being delayed.

Offline jaf

« Reply #306 on: March 05, 2013, 10:45:50 PM »
You know how Menard is, MissAndrea.. I'd wait on getting money back from Consolidated until that first Securus call comes through. I can see it being delayed.

That's what I was thinking.  Just in case!

Offline nikkibaby26

« Reply #307 on: March 06, 2013, 10:23:28 AM »
Anyone get a call from Logan today? Did they really switch over or is it still consolidated? Please let me know! thanks <3
“When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you... When I met you, I was afraid to kiss you... When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you... Now that I love you, I'm afraid to lose you.”

Offline sweets92

« Reply #308 on: March 06, 2013, 04:14:37 PM »
Am i reading this right that you have to put no less than $25 at a time? i just put $20 on the account over the phone and nothing was said about that. Does that mean i wont be able to answer calls

Offline lori491999

« Reply #309 on: March 06, 2013, 04:32:43 PM »
Am i reading this right that you have to put no less than $25 at a time? i just put $20 on the account over the phone and nothing was said about that. Does that mean i wont be able to answer calls

They are waiving the minimum for the time being.  Not sure when it is to be reinstated, but at that time there will be a $25 minimum.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #310 on: March 06, 2013, 04:34:34 PM »

You will be able to get calls with $20 on there, hope you get one soon!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline MissAndrea

« Reply #311 on: March 06, 2013, 06:20:18 PM »

I thought about that after I posted. I will be waiting.
~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.

Offline cem31

« Reply #312 on: March 06, 2013, 08:45:51 PM »
Just got a call from my L/O, Logan is officially switched over!! The call was 30 mins, the rate is $4.68. Glad the switch has happened, now if the can keep him in Lincoln I would be a happy camper!!!

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #313 on: March 06, 2013, 09:17:42 PM »
Just got a call from my L/O, Logan is officially switched over!! The call was 30 mins, the rate is $4.68. Glad the switch has happened, now if the can keep him in Lincoln I would be a happy camper!!!

I got my call from Logan too.  System works great! 

Offline BobNBecka

« Reply #314 on: March 07, 2013, 09:35:37 AM »
My hubby says Jacksonville is due to switch today, March 7th.

Offline BobNBecka

« Reply #315 on: March 07, 2013, 09:37:47 AM »
If u mail payment to securus there is no processing fee....but it takes 3 days, plan ahead and save money though!

Offline nikkibaby26

« Reply #316 on: March 07, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »

I got my call from Logan too.  System works great! 

I didnt get one from my L/O at Logan, hopefully today:(
“When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you... When I met you, I was afraid to kiss you... When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you... Now that I love you, I'm afraid to lose you.”

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #317 on: March 07, 2013, 09:44:57 AM »

I got my call from Logan too.  System works great!  

I didnt get one from my L/O at Logan, hopefully today:(

:wc30: nikkibaby......

My l/o told me he was actually lucky to get the phone last night.  There was a long line of people trying to call home because they got their pack out slips.  
Hopefully you will get your call today.  :)

Offline MrsW

« Reply #318 on: March 07, 2013, 10:42:55 AM »
Stateville is scheduled to switch over today, when my husband called this morning @ 9:30 it was still Consolidated, we burned up our last 10.00 dollars.

My question is this, on the sites that were slated to be switched, has it happened on the date IDOC has posted? I'm not sure if I should put another 20.00 on Consolidated, cause I know if he can't call me tonight, he'll be down in the dumps..

Offline cem31

« Reply #319 on: March 07, 2013, 11:11:11 AM »
Stateville is scheduled to switch over today, when my husband called this morning @ 9:30 it was still Consolidated, we burned up our last 10.00 dollars.

My question is this, on the sites that were slated to be switched, has it happened on the date IDOC has posted? I'm not sure if I should put another 20.00 on Consolidated, cause I know if he can't call me tonight, he'll be down in the dumps..

From the info I read on this post alone the dates on the IDOC site are right on the money with the exception of Logan & Lincoln, they were delayed due to "technical difficulties". On the day the change happens there is a 2 hr delay from when Consolidated ends and Securus starts, Securus came on at Logan at 8am yesterday morning according to my L/O. Hope this helps =)