• December 18, 2018, 05:47:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 268827 times)

Offline babyonway1225

Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #260 on: February 27, 2013, 11:28:29 PM »
Sheridan made the switch   :wc7:

Someone posted on another board that Sheridan will not allow the inmates to call a cell phone, is this true?

Mah, I don't think it is, my love called me tonight on my cell. There were no problems at all.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #261 on: February 28, 2013, 06:11:17 AM »
Sheridan made the switch   :wc7:

Someone posted on another board that Sheridan will not allow the inmates to call a cell phone, is this true?

Mah, I don't think it is, my love called me tonight on my cell. There were no problems at all.

Thank you!  I just replied to someone in another topic, that was told Sheridan could not call cell phones.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline stan77

« Reply #262 on: February 28, 2013, 06:37:25 AM »
Sheridan can definitely call cell phones - we received a call just last night on a cell and the call came through Securus.

Offline Crowe29

• I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart
« Reply #263 on: February 28, 2013, 09:04:56 AM »
 :wc64: so excited I created my Securus account but when I look at my account online for the correctional facility it says BMR and my B is at IRCC. I chose IRCC as our facility in the initial set up so I'm confused now.  :wc13: Anyone know what that's all about?

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #264 on: February 28, 2013, 09:08:11 AM »
:wc64: so excited I created my Securus account but when I look at my account online for the correctional facility it says BMR and my B is at IRCC. I chose IRCC as our facility in the initial set up so I'm confused now.  :wc13: Anyone know what that's all about?

If you read further down in the thread others have had this happen too - it only until you recieve your first phone call.

Offline punksgirl

« Reply #265 on: February 28, 2013, 09:13:44 AM »
I received a call from my LO at Pontiac last night via Securus. So Pontiac has been switched over.

Offline Crowe29

• I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart
« Reply #266 on: February 28, 2013, 09:18:36 AM »

If you read further down in the thread others have had this happen too - it only until you recieve your first phone call.

Oh, I see. So it's safe to add money on the account now?

Offline cem31

« Reply #267 on: February 28, 2013, 11:20:08 AM »
 :wc4:  :wc4:  :wc4:

SOOOOOO frustrated with this whole phone thing!!!! Just got off the phone with Securus trying to get a better understanding of why Logan is not switched yet even tho facilities the day after went live already!! Spoke with a so called supervisor who knew less information than I did, kept telling me that Securus does not know what the hold up is, that IDOC is the ones who switch the service over... :wc24: He told me to call Logan (which I did) and was told by a supervisor that they don't know what the hold up is either, that Securus just keeps saying they are having technical difficulties...yea, they are brain dead!! The supervisor also said that CCPS has stated that they are not allowing anyone to put anymore funds on their accounts, that they can only use up what they have on their already. I just loaded funds to CCPS last nite and confirmed that they posted today so I don't know how true that is, but for fear of that actually happening I will be loading enough funds to take us thru this now 2 week delay with Securus just in case. I pray they get their act together soon bcuz it is not fair that the Logan families are still stuck with high rates bcuz Securus can't get it going! SO FRUSTRATED and SOOOOOO ready for this to all be over and for him to be home!!!

Sorry to vent, just really wanted to pass the info along =)

Offline meangene

« Reply #268 on: February 28, 2013, 01:56:07 PM »
Got a phone call from son in Taylorville at noon and they are now with Securus.

Offline meangene

« Reply #269 on: February 28, 2013, 02:13:35 PM »
Well I called the 800 number and was told the last call I got in September went a min. over and I had a negative balance of $3.95.  I can not use my credit/debit card and put money on my account.  Now I have to go to Western Union and wire them money so the account can be reopened.  So angry and gave the young man my opinion and then told him I was sorry that I know he did not make the rules but we have a lot of ice and snow here and I have to try to find a Western Union and get this done.  I am going to have to get a VooDoo doll and call it "frustration" and stick a few Tpins in it tonight. 

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #270 on: February 28, 2013, 02:21:05 PM »
Well I called the 800 number and was told the last call I got in September went a min. over and I had a negative balance of $3.95.  I can not use my credit/debit card and put money on my account.  Now I have to go to Western Union and wire them money so the account can be reopened.  So angry and gave the young man my opinion and then told him I was sorry that I know he did not make the rules but we have a lot of ice and snow here and I have to try to find a Western Union and get this done.  I am going to have to get a VooDoo doll and call it "frustration" and stick a few Tpins in it tonight. 

Who did you call Securus? how would they know of a negative balance with Consolidated, sorry I am confused.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #271 on: February 28, 2013, 03:04:42 PM »
 The supervisor also said that CCPS has stated that they are not allowing anyone to put anymore funds on their accounts, that they can only use up what they have on their already. I just loaded funds to CCPS last nite and confirmed that they posted today so I don't know how true that is, but for fear of that actually happening I will be loading enough funds to take us thru this now 2 week delay with Securus just in case. I pray they get their act together soon bcuz it is not fair that the Logan families are still stuck with high rates bcuz Securus can't get it going! SO FRUSTRATED and SOOOOOO ready for this to all be over and for him to be home!!!

Supervisor from where said that?  I don't think that is true.  I added more money to Consolidated today and it went through fine.  

The other facilites that haven't switched over yet are still paying the higher rates unfortunately as well.  Technically Securus has till the end of March to switch all the facilities.  Let's just hope it doesn't take them that long.   chickdance

Offline dlynne68

« Reply #272 on: February 28, 2013, 04:26:10 PM »
i tried to get securis via the net, and it wouldn't let me because i don't have internet explorer. pfft ever. so i called the 800 number and was on hold(on my cell) for 34 minutes. when i finally reached a human being she told me that my call rate was going to be almost 5 bucks per call! LO is in sheridan. she said she didn't know how long we could talk for that money. she said i should ask sheridan. i did, n they don't know either. she also said they were working on their website to make it easier to use. OMG please! if you try to set it up w/their automated phone it is extremely time consuming and frustrating "type in your name using your number pad" yadda. we have 26 more dang days left! why is nothing ever easy?26days!!!! he's getting 1 phone call a week at 5 bucks a pop! sorry. can't afford more. God please let this be over!!!
         so my question is how much time is sheridan allowing the inmates for the phone? anybody know?
                and sorry for venting, just so frustrated right meow!!!!
p.s. securis also said it would take "1 TO 24 hours" to be able to accept a call. just havta lauph!

Offline dlynne68

« Reply #273 on: February 28, 2013, 04:27:20 PM »
securus* sorry

Offline punksgirl

« Reply #274 on: February 28, 2013, 04:34:34 PM »
I checked my account at Securus, I was charged $4.10 for the call from yesterday. I only spoke to my L/O for 5 minutes. I will check the account again for time and charges next time I speak with him.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #275 on: February 28, 2013, 04:39:54 PM »
i tried to get securis via the net, and it wouldn't let me because i don't have internet explorer. pfft ever. so i called the 800 number and was on hold(on my cell) for 34 minutes. when i finally reached a human being she told me that my call rate was going to be almost 5 bucks per call! LO is in sheridan. she said she didn't know how long we could talk for that money. she said i should ask sheridan. i did, n they don't know either. she also said they were working on their website to make it easier to use. OMG please! if you try to set it up w/their automated phone it is extremely time consuming and frustrating "type in your name using your number pad" yadda. we have 26 more dang days left! why is nothing ever easy?26days!!!! he's getting 1 phone call a week at 5 bucks a pop! sorry. can't afford more. God please let this be over!!!
         so my question is how much time is sheridan allowing the inmates for the phone? anybody know?
                and sorry for venting, just so frustrated right meow!!!!
p.s. securis also said it would take "1 TO 24 hours" to be able to accept a call. just havta lauph!

If you are on a Mac and use Safari, you won't be able to open an account, but if you download Firefox you will have no  problems.  I have Firefox on Mac for those sites where Safari isn't good and Securus is one.

From what we know, they are allowing 30 mins calls, just like Consolidated, but where it changes is, even if you only talk to your LO for 5 mins, the call is $4.10 plus taxes, comes out to $5 and some change.

Hope this helps.

Hang in there, from what we have seen so far, people are happy with the new Securus!

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
« Reply #276 on: February 28, 2013, 04:56:03 PM »
I figure the few times I get a phone call that I can not stay on the line for 30 mins and get charged the $5, is still a lot better than CCPS. My phone calls are now 1/2 of what they were priced.

Offline cem31

« Reply #277 on: February 28, 2013, 05:09:05 PM »
 The supervisor also said that CCPS has stated that they are not allowing anyone to put anymore funds on their accounts, that they can only use up what they have on their already. I just loaded funds to CCPS last nite and confirmed that they posted today so I don't know how true that is, but for fear of that actually happening I will be loading enough funds to take us thru this now 2 week delay with Securus just in case. I pray they get their act together soon bcuz it is not fair that the Logan families are still stuck with high rates bcuz Securus can't get it going! SO FRUSTRATED and SOOOOOO ready for this to all be over and for him to be home!!!

Supervisor from where said that?  I don't think that is true.  I added more money to Consolidated today and it went through fine.  

The other facilites that haven't switched over yet are still paying the higher rates unfortunately as well.  Technically Securus has till the end of March to switch all the facilities.  Let's just hope it doesn't take them that long.   chickdance

I'm sorry, I meant the COUNSELOR that I spoke to at Logan today

Offline stan77

« Reply #278 on: February 28, 2013, 05:33:55 PM »

The reason Securus set you up w/ another facility than from what you picked is because they can only set you up w/ a facility that was already converted to their system.  The Rep at Securus that I spoke to regarding this exact issue said it was so that you would be be placed under the IDOC "payment" options.   The IDOC contract w/ Securus is pretty good.  For IDOC customers, Securus is not charging the "payment processing" charge.  This is a good thing, as that would be $7.95 every time you wanted to add $$ to the account via the internet or via phone.  There are other fees that are not being charged to IDOC customers, as well.  The only fee that I believe they will charge is the "Federal Regulatory Recovery Fe"e - and that is just a one time charge each month, if you are an "out of state" phone customer.  I got this info from a call w/ a Securus rep last week.

Offline meangene

« Reply #279 on: February 28, 2013, 06:56:54 PM »

Who did you call Securus? how would they know of a negative balance with Consolidated, sorry I am confused.

I did not have a negative balance with Consolidated, I had a negative balance with Securus from the account I set up when my son was in the Adams County jail and they used Securus for their phone service.

I finally got the job done by calling Western Union and having them send the money to Securus from my debit card and I did not have to go to the store that does the Western Union transactions.  If anyone else has to used Western Union, you send it to Securustexas and they need your account number to complete the transaction.

FYI..I tried to use the web page.  When I put in my phone number and password, they said I needed to call Securus and they put an 800 number on the page.  However, when I called to have the issue taken care of, the lady at the 800 number Securus sent me to said they no longer have an account with Securus.